Scott McClellan's new book What Happened

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2007/11/20/mcclellan/index.html

It looks like Bush and team ordered him to lie.

"The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.

"There was one problem. It was not true.

"I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice president, the president's chief of staff, and the president himself."

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2007/11/20/mcclellan/index.html

It looks like Bush and team ordered him to lie.

"The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.

"There was one problem. It was not true.

"I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice president, the president's chief of staff, and the president himself."

Sure thing. Provide us some real tangable facts and not the wishful thinking of a whining loser.

Color me not suprised.

Bush and Cheney knew their white house was involved in the leak, but they continued to lie about it.

Color me not suprised.

Bush and Cheney knew their white house was involved in the leak, but they continued to lie about it.

Color me not surprised as well. That you would jump on this just because it bashes Bush and Cheney when the bottom-line fact is, this knucklehead is SELLING A BOOK, doesn't surprise me a bit. Political books don't sell without dirt.

OK. Think for a moment. The former white house press secretary, one of the most LOYAL parts of the president's team, a person who stays on message no. matter. what. has broken ranks to call out the Bush administration for corruption and misleading the American people. The most loyal bushites cry:
wishful thinking of a whining loser.
A whining loser? He resigned on his own. He wasn't fired, he wasn't asked to leave, he resigned. And clearly, he resigned because he wanted to maintain a shred of integrity and dignity. And fantasy? HE WAS THERE!!! Like, do we only accept the eye witness of testimony of people who say nice things about the administration? C'mon now.
Political books don't sell without dirt.
Does this mean his factual assertions are false?

OK. Think for a moment. The former white house press secretary, one of the most LOYAL parts of the president's team, a person who stays on message no. matter. what. has broken ranks to call out the Bush administration for corruption and misleading the American people. The most loyal bushites cry:

A whining loser? He resigned on his own. He wasn't fired, he wasn't asked to leave, he resigned. And clearly, he resigned because he wanted to maintain a shred of integrity and dignity. And fantasy? HE WAS THERE!!! Like, do we only accept the eye witness of testimony of people who say nice things about the administration? C'mon now.

It means let's see the evidence that the assertions are indeed factual instead of accepting hearsay as fact.

Color me not surprised as well. That you would jump on this just because it bashes Bush and Cheney when the bottom-line fact is, this knucklehead is SELLING A BOOK, doesn't surprise me a bit. Political books don't sell without dirt.

This is just sad.

Oh c'mon. Every loyal lifelong republican lies to sell books when they leave the white house. From Paul O'Neil, to this Scotty guy.

IT'S NOT HEARSAY IF THE PERSON WAS THERE. Please examine the definition of hearsay. Either you are claiming this man was lying or not.

IT'S NOT HEARSAY IF THE PERSON WAS THERE. Please examine the definition of hearsay. Either you are claiming this man was lying or not.

It IS hearsay if you or someone on this board is repeating his claims as truth. Yes, please DO look up the definition ....

And no, I don't have to claim he is lying or not. I'm saying he's got an ulterior motive which casts suspicion on his unsupported allegation. He want to sell a book.

It just isn't that hard.

Fine, he is lying, just like the ladies that were THERE when Clinton threatened them with loss of job or sex were lying. You know, cause THEY were there too.

Ohh wait, that's different, right?

Funny it seems Bush's first defense on this is He himself did not know they were lies.

Hmmm It seems Bush himself is saying they were lies?

Funny it seems Bush's first defense on this is He himself did not know they were lies.

Hmmm It seems Bush himself is saying they were lies?

Not true, a LIE has as a component ( in most everyones accepted terminology) intent. He may be agreeing that what was presented turned out not to be true, that in itself is not a lie.

If I tell you a red corvette is parked outside and by the time you get to the window and look it has left, I did not lie to you. If I am color blind and do not know it and tell you a red Corvette is parked outside and you look and it is blue, again I did not lie.

If the intel from every source is that WMD's exist in Iraq and that Iraq has active programs to continue to make them, that is not a lie if after the invasion we find none. It is just faulty or incorrect intel.

If the Intel community provides you with 4 or 5 potential facts they will rate them as to which THEY believe are more likely to be true. You get to pick which one to go with, if it turns out it was not right, that does not mean you lied by using that intel. NOR does it mean the Intel service lied to YOU.

This hapless little twerp is now trying to make a buck by telling lies about our President Bush and Vice President Cheney? What's his game? Fair weather friends, but hey, the surge is working, and our President was right. So Scotty, go crawl back under your rock you little worm. What a little weeny of a traitor. Good riddance.

Sure thing. Provide us some real tangable facts and not the wishful thinking of a whining loser.

That's just LIKE you. When things like this are in question, you always cry about "if it's true, why hasn't anyone blown the whistle", and then when you're presented with someone who is apparently doing that, you smeer the person doing it.

I'm convinced you wouldn't accept that the Bush admin has lied about things unless Bush himself admitted it.

And even THEN, I'd imagine you'd probably discredit him as being too stupid to even know what he's talking about.

Just admit it RGS. You have 110% blind faith and trust in government, as long as it's coming out of the mouths of your preferred political side of the spectrum.

If the intel from every source is that WMD's exist in Iraq and that Iraq has active programs to continue to make them, that is not a lie if after the invasion we find none. It is just faulty or incorrect intel.

If the Intel community provides you with 4 or 5 potential facts they will rate them as to which THEY believe are more likely to be true. You get to pick which one to go with, if it turns out it was not right, that does not mean you lied by using that intel. NOR does it mean the Intel service lied to YOU.
IF that had been the case THEN it might be true that Bush and Cheney did not lie. As we all now know, however, it was not the case. In fact, contradictory evidence was readily available within the intelligence data and many intelligence experts were calling the conclusion into question. Bush & Co. made it clear, however, that they didn't want to hear any of that.

They lied. They lied to themselves in part to make it easier to lie to the nation.

IF that had been the case THEN it might be true that Bush and Cheney did not lie. As we all now know, however, it was not the case. In fact, contradictory evidence was readily available within the intelligence data and many intelligence experts were calling the conclusion into question. Bush & Co. made it clear, however, that they didn't want to hear any of that.

They lied. They lied to themselves in part to make it easier to lie to the nation.

Simply ignorant. A lie by you as well. There was no major intelligence agency IN THE WORLD that disagreed. They all believed it. But do spin otherwise, been down this path for years now and it is the same tired lie over and over.

Forum List

Back