Scott Brown's in Arizona, going RINO!!!!

I wonder about that - there was a time when Delay was in power where Rhinos were being identified and more ideologically pure candidates fielded against them in primaries - with party support. A significantly loud portion of the party's critics - who also tend to make up the base - want a shift to the right on core values, in the party and they want ideological purity. How much power do they have?
I don't doubt that many people within the party would rather do without the RINOs. I personally would and it makes some sense for the party. Why have a candidate in the party that's not really a republican? To me, RINO = democrat.

So, i guess we might be getting "RINOs" and "Moderates" mixed up. Both parties have moderates in them, and McCain is definitely a moderate and not a RINO. I don't see a problem with moderates in the party as both parties are always fighting for the independents and won't get them without some moderate candidates. I would agree that some people are angling to get moderates out of the party, i.e. McCain, and that wouldn't be a smart move.

You obviously never looked at Scott Brown's voting record if you are shocked he would return the favor of support that McCain gave Brown.

The OP is not one of the "smarter" libs here...

Just sayin'...

I knew he had some lib and a little progressive in him after reading his votes on projectvotesmart.com He was the lesser of 2 evils, if he was running for the full 6 years I may have voted for kennedy instead, we will see what he does over the next 2 years and find out if voting for him again is ok or not.

Like I said before, the best thing is that there's no auto-vote for Barry's Bullshit with Brown... There was with Kennedy...

This point flew miles above the head of the OP...

Both McCain and Brown are voting NO on Obamacare.

Given that Brown is doing so from the former Ted Kennedy seat, well....that's pretty damn pleasing... :)

And if the Dems ram it up your ass with reconciliation, will it still be pleasing?

Republicans are a big tent party.

L0ook at the Dems, Lieberman got booted out for supporting the troops and you can only find 12 Dems who are pro-life and Nancy can't wait to get rid of those 12.

:lol: Damn! You made me laugh so hard I spewed my coke!

Big Tent Party....:lol:....what about them Rhinos being targeted Frank?

Dems are still the "Spit on the troops" party

I'd take that over the "Send our troops to die in an unnecessary regime change and police action" party, ANY day!

Scott Brown campaigns for McCain in Arizona

PHOENIX – Facing the toughest re-election battle of his career, John McCain is bringing in the Republican Party's newest rising star in a bid to shore up support among conservative primary voters.

Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown is making his first campaign trip as senator. His visit to Arizona Friday will be a first test of his popularity among Republican activists after he broke with the GOP leadership to side with Democrats in supporting a jobs bill.

Scott Brown campaigns for McCain in Arizona - Yahoo! News

I guess a genuine conservative like J. D. Hayworth just can't catch a break.:lol:
old news
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/102960-palin-brown-show-true-progressive-colors.html

PHOENIX – Facing the toughest re-election battle of his career, John McCain is bringing in the Republican Party's newest rising star in a bid to shore up support among conservative primary voters.

Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown is making his first campaign trip as senator. His visit to Arizona Friday will be a first test of his popularity among Republican activists after he broke with the GOP leadership to side with Democrats in supporting a jobs bill.

I guess a genuine conservative like J. D. Hayworth just can't catch a break.:lol:
old news
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/102960-palin-brown-show-true-progressive-colors.html

I wonder how much Palin is charging McCain for this?

All we care about is that Scott Brown, a Republican who loves the military and was the 41st vote where it counts, took the Senate seat that Democrats across the Country and on USMB believed to belong to Democrats exclusively. We ruined their day and they still can't get over it because everytime Scott acts like the moderate he is, the Progressives want to shove it in our face.

Fact is: we don't give a damn. YOU LOST KENNEDY'S SEAT and Scott will NEVER be the radical lefty like the room temperature former Senator was. :lol:

Pettiness becomes you. Keep it up!!

scott brown only needs to remain popular with the people here in mass who voted for him. mccain campaigned for brown here, and i don't think many people here who voted for him have a problem with him returning the favor, any more than we had a problem with him supporting the jobs bill.

if some drooling, neanderthalic, rush limbaugh acolytes in idaho have a problem with it- fuck em.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

what he said

You obviously never looked at Scott Brown's voting record if you are shocked he would return the favor of support that McCain gave Brown.

Just sayin'...

Except that I was calling him the pro-choice John McCain BEFORE he was elected and you were one of the dooshtards that disagreed with me.:lol::lol::lol:

oops

All we care about is that Scott Brown, a Republican who loves the military and was the 41st vote where it counts, took the Senate seat that Democrats across the Country and on USMB believed to belong to Democrats exclusively. We ruined their day and they still can't get over it because everytime Scott acts like the moderate he is, the Progressives want to shove it in our face.

Fact is: we don't give a damn. YOU LOST KENNEDY'S SEAT and Scott will NEVER be the radical lefty like the room temperature former Senator was. :lol:

...and you lost a New York held by the GOP since the Civil War....get a grip.

It's politics not Kindergarten.

...or is it....?
We traded in a progressive republican for a more conservative democrat.

We? lol, and no, Owens is not to the right of Scozzafava, but that's one helluva rightwing myth that I'm surprised I haven't heard more.

What's funny is that way back in 2006 after the election when the rightwingers were idiotically claiming that the Republicans lost because they weren't conservative enough, J.D. Hayworth was one of the many conservative losers in that election that I pointed to to prove them wrong.

Now Hayworth has been tossed by most of the right in favor of McCain!!!!

Just sayin'...

Except that I was calling him the pro-choice John McCain BEFORE he was elected and you were one of the dooshtards that disagreed with me.

oops

I never called him a conservative, fuckstain...

You remain one of the most intellectually dishonest posters here.... I guess everyone has to excel at something...:lol::lol::lol:

I wonder how much Brown is being paid to whore his face to campaign for old wrinkled J. McCain. I guess Cindy's money can buy pretty whatever hubby wants. Brown has know JM how long???

Last edited:
Dems have a Big Tent too, just as long as you're: for raising taxes, for never-ending increases in spending, for continued dumbing down of our educational system, pro-abortion, anti-US military and think Jihadists have the same Constitutional rights as real Americans.

Yeah, real big tent

I wonder how much Brown is being paid to whore his face to campaign for old wrinkled J. McCain. I guess Cindy's money can buy pretty whatever hubby wants. Brown has know JM how long???

Nothing. Brown is returing the favor McCain did for him during Brown's campaign.

This is not shocking to me at all.

Just sayin'...

Except that I was calling him the pro-choice John McCain BEFORE he was elected and you were one of the dooshtards that disagreed with me.

oops

You remain one of the most intellectually dishonest posters here.... I guess everyone has to excel at something...:lol::lol::lol:

Then who hacked your account to post this??

Your stats prove that McCain and Brown are conservatives,

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1906404-post157.html

Just sayin'...

oops

And then there was also this, more to the point

He's a conservative...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1906385-post156.html

oops

And then there was also this, more to the point

He's a conservative...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1906385-post156.html

oooo...that one is definately an "ouch"

Pwned-cat_headshot.jpg

Forum List

Back