Scott Brown Says NO to Pro-Union Bill

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
And the Senator says no with some AUTHORITY...

____

In a letter to groups that urged him to back the legislation, Brown said the DISCLOSE Act did not go far enough in requiring “transparency, accountability and fair play.”
“Rather than reform our campaign finance laws and provide increased transparency, the DISCLOSE Act advances the political agenda of the majority party and special interests in an effort to gain a tactical and political advantage little more than 100 days before an election,” Brown wrote.

Brown’s support was seen as crucial to the bill’s success. The DISCLOSE Act, sponsored by Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), passed the House by a narrow margin last month, but chief Senate sponsor Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has been unable to find a GOP partner for the bill. Senate Maj. Leader Harry Reid has promised floor time for the bill before the Aug. recess, but without Brown’s vote it faces dim prospects.

Hot Air Brown’s No on DISCLOSE Act could mean its end

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

And the Senator says no with some AUTHORITY...

____

In a letter to groups that urged him to back the legislation, Brown said the DISCLOSE Act did not go far enough in requiring “transparency, accountability and fair play.”
“Rather than reform our campaign finance laws and provide increased transparency, the DISCLOSE Act advances the political agenda of the majority party and special interests in an effort to gain a tactical and political advantage little more than 100 days before an election,” Brown wrote.

Brown’s support was seen as crucial to the bill’s success. The DISCLOSE Act, sponsored by Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), passed the House by a narrow margin last month, but chief Senate sponsor Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has been unable to find a GOP partner for the bill. Senate Maj. Leader Harry Reid has promised floor time for the bill before the Aug. recess, but without Brown’s vote it faces dim prospects.

Hot Air Brown’s No on DISCLOSE Act could mean its end

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I dont know whats in the bill but in my mind the less the government does the better off we will all be so bravo!!

From your description this sounds like a bad bill.

Yet he's voting for that Wall Street bill!

yeah, but the ijit wouldn't post a thread about that.

buncha wingnut loons.

how does one have any type of discussion with imbeciles like that?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/124743-so-i-talked-to-scott-brown-on-the-phone-today.html

Poor Jillian...made to look the fool yet again.

And once again - very cool you talked with Senator Brown PLYMCO. Awesome!!!!

buncha wingnut loons.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/124743-so-i-talked-to-scott-brown-on-the-phone-today.html
That helped a little bit.
Is it just another WS ass kissing bill?

i responded on that thread. thanks. i think the bill could have been tougher. but they needed to keep people like brown and snowe on board.

buncha wingnut loons.

That helped a little bit.
Is it just another WS ass kissing bill?

It's still another boondogle of a mess bill for sure - but Brown was able to force some favorable changes.

Look for more modifications to come in 2011...:eusa_angel:

buncha wingnut loons.

Poor Jillian...made to look the fool yet again.

And once again - very cool you talked with Senator Brown PLYMCO. Awesome!!!!

No, the fool is you.

The Pilgrim isn't a paid partisan shill, like you.

Can't stop being a party apologist, can ya?

It must suck trying to come up with excuses for others all the time...your brain needs a break, man!

Actually Sinatra's even worse. She gets paid to post a consistent message full of bullshit. It's funny because it's exactly like 1984. War is Peace as I showed the other day in a thread.

Forum List

Back