Scott Brown (R-MA) Introduces legislation to prohibit congress from insider trading

Do You Support Scott Brown's (R-MA) Bill

• Yes

Votes: 38 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If the bill does not include a provision barring congressmen from contact with lobbyists who work for industries they own stock in then it is useless. I am certain most insider information comes in the form of bribes from lobbyists.
Just because there are multiple holes does not mean sealing one does no good.

Oh well hell, since we can't get em all, let's not do even ONE right thing!

Good plan to sit on your ass and support nothing, while continuing to whine like a bitch nobody is doing anything.

If the bill does not include a provision barring congressmen from contact with lobbyists who work for industries they own stock in then it is useless. I am certain most insider information comes in the form of bribes from lobbyists.
Just because there are multiple holes does not mean sealing one does no good.

Oh well hell, since we can't get em all, let's not do even ONE right thing!

Good plan to sit on your ass and support nothing, while continuing to whine like a bitch nobody is doing anything.

Are you under the mistaken impression that I am against this bill? Settle the hell down with name calling, I just now joined this thread.

I'm pretty-certain Scott Brown can't see into-the-Future.
(Better check your dates.)

:eusa_whistle:

How do you know the "he" wasn't President Obama?

Check the fucking date, idiot.

Scott Brown introduced the 'insider trading' bill in November 2011.

Obama gets his panties in a wad about insider trading January 2012.

So.... who got the idea from who?

Your Messiah got it from Brown.

Idiot.

Up to now no previous president, democrat OR republican has gotten their 'panties in a wad' over it. It's just been considered one of the perks.

Idiot.

Up to now no previous president, democrat OR republican has gotten their 'panties in a wad' over it. It's just been considered one of the perks.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

I wrote to Bush about it years ago. Because I'm a nagging bitch with politicians. Also, I wrote to Obama about it when he became POTUS.

I personally had no idea this was allowed. I was absolutely stunned.

I hope this passes.

Curious to see who's willing to go on record and vote against this, and what their manufactured reasoning will be.

But the mention of the issue opens eyes as the Statists in Congress are embroiled in Class Warfare...The O leading the charge, and sounded the siren call to arms as they benefit from thier corporist cronies...

Ever thought outside the box? it's evident that you don't and are comfy in your self-imposed station...:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
But the mention of the issue opens eyes as the Statists in Congress are embroiled in Class Warfare...The O leading the charge, and sounded the siren call to arms as they benefit from thier corporist cronies...

Ever though outside the box? it's evident that you don't and are comfy in your self-imposed station...:eusa_whistle:

Actually, he is - as usual - jumping on a bandwagon.... started by Scott Brown (Republican). :lol:

Ever though outside the box? it's evident that you don't and are comfy in your self-imposed station...:eusa_whistle:

Actually, he is - as usual - jumping on a bandwagon.... started by Scott Brown (Republican). :lol:
Guess it was the ( R) subtitle that did it for him...

Idiot.

I wrote to Bush about it years ago. Because I'm a nagging bitch with politicians. Also, I wrote to Obama about it when he became POTUS.

Well, maybe you should have tried to improve your skills and make your 'writing' more effective! :razz:

Last edited:
Go Senator Brown! This bill should have no problem passing and I think both sides of the aisle can support it.

If you don't support the bill lets discuss why.

Senate to hear Scott Brown insider trading bill - BostonHerald.com

A day after U.S. Sen. Scott Brown filed a bill to prohibit insider trading in Congress, a key Senate committee has agreed to hold a public hearing on the measure.

The Massachusetts Republican’s bill would bar members or employees of Congress and the executive branch from using nonpublic information obtained through their public service for the purpose of investing for personal financial gain.

Sen. Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs announced Wednesday that the committee would hold a hearing to examine how insider trading laws apply to Congress.

Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut, said the hearing was also sparked by a report by CBS’ "60 Minutes" and is intended to clarify the laws and rules that govern members of Congress who may profit from non-public information

And NANCY PELOSI after getting outed for insider trading is on board for passing this too:lol::lol:

Elected officials should have to live under the same laws they impose on us. Insider trading is something we would get thrown in jail for--yet our elected officials have been getting RICH off of it.

benson0521.jpg

The law was already there--some of them just ignored it--& frankly I am not certain why they were not CHARGED (both sides of isle doing this) with insider trading. The CORRUPTION at the Federal government is flat unbelievable--& we should not tolerate it any longer--and that goes for Croni Capitalism too. These people should be considered
(UNFIT) to hold elected office.

Last edited:
Go Senator Brown! This bill should have no problem passing and I think both sides of the aisle can support it.

If you don't support the bill lets discuss why.

Senate to hear Scott Brown insider trading bill - BostonHerald.com

A day after U.S. Sen. Scott Brown filed a bill to prohibit insider trading in Congress, a key Senate committee has agreed to hold a public hearing on the measure.

The Massachusetts Republican’s bill would bar members or employees of Congress and the executive branch from using nonpublic information obtained through their public service for the purpose of investing for personal financial gain.

Sen. Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs announced Wednesday that the committee would hold a hearing to examine how insider trading laws apply to Congress.

Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut, said the hearing was also sparked by a report by CBS’ "60 Minutes" and is intended to clarify the laws and rules that govern members of Congress who may profit from non-public information

And NANCY PELOSI after getting outed for insider trading is on board for passing this too:lol::lol:

Elected officials should have to live under the same laws they impose on us. Insider trading is something we would get thrown in jail for--yet our elected officials have been getting RICH off of it.

benson0521.jpg

The law was already there--some of them just ignored it--& frankly I am not certain why they were not CHARGED (both sides of isle doing this) with insider trading. The CORRUPTION at the Federal government is flat unbelievable--& we should not tolerate it any longer--and that goes for Croni Capitalism too. These people should be considered
(UNFIT) to hold elected office.

And of what company are you an insider with knowledge that would put you in jail if used?

Well, maybe you should have tried to improve your skills and make your 'writing' more effective! :razz:

I only care about my 'skills' when I'm getting paid. But thanks for your obsessive concern with my career. It really isn't necessary.... I'm doing just fine... more than fine, truth be told.

Idiot.

I don't see why insider trading for anyone is illegal in the first place, but if it is, it should be illegal for everyone.

check the fucking date, idiot.

Scott brown introduced the 'insider trading' bill in november 2011.

Obama gets his panties in a wad about insider trading january 2012.

So.... Who got the idea from who?

Your messiah got it from brown.

Idiot.

up to now no previous president, democrat or republican has gotten their 'panties in a wad' over it. It's just been considered one of the perks.

i don't see why insider trading for anyone is illegal in the first place, but if it is, it should be illegal for everyone.

^^yep.

Idiot.

I don't see why insider trading for anyone is illegal in the first place, but if it is, it should be illegal for everyone.

It seems reasonable to me that it should be illegal for people to profit from the luck of their connections in such a regard. I am absolutely for insider trading to be illegal - for everyone.

Idiot.

But WE are Congress...WE are your Gubmint...our shit doesn't stink...

Forum List

Back