Scott Brown (R-MA) Introduces legislation to prohibit congress from insider trading

Do You Support Scott Brown's (R-MA) Bill

• Yes

Votes: 38 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Go Senator Brown! This bill should have no problem passing and I think both sides of the aisle can support it.

If you don't support the bill lets discuss why.

Senate to hear Scott Brown insider trading bill - BostonHerald.com

A day after U.S. Sen. Scott Brown filed a bill to prohibit insider trading in Congress, a key Senate committee has agreed to hold a public hearing on the measure.

The Massachusetts Republican’s bill would bar members or employees of Congress and the executive branch from using nonpublic information obtained through their public service for the purpose of investing for personal financial gain.

Sen. Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs announced Wednesday that the committee would hold a hearing to examine how insider trading laws apply to Congress.

Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut, said the hearing was also sparked by a report by CBS’ "60 Minutes" and is intended to clarify the laws and rules that govern members of Congress who may profit from non-public information

I just watched Senator Brown on Fox with Gretchen. He's a breath of fresh air for Ma. I hope they re-elect Scott Brown. Way to step up the the plate Senator Brown.

Go Senator Brown! This bill should have no problem passing and I think both sides of the aisle can support it.

A day after U.S. Sen. Scott Brown filed a bill to prohibit insider trading in Congress, a key Senate committee has agreed to hold a public hearing on the measure.

The Massachusetts Republican’s bill would bar members or employees of Congress and the executive branch from using nonpublic information obtained through their public service for the purpose of investing for personal financial gain.

Sen. Joe Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs announced Wednesday that the committee would hold a hearing to examine how insider trading laws apply to Congress.

Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut, said the hearing was also sparked by a report by CBS’ "60 Minutes" and is intended to clarify the laws and rules that govern members of Congress who may profit from non-public information

Good for him. It'll never see the light of day, but good for him none the less.

I just watched Senator Brown on Fox with Gretchen. He's a breath of fresh air for Ma. I hope they re-elect Scott Brown. Way to step up the the plate Senator Brown.

Too little too late. He's already on record siding with the big oil lobby precisely 100% of the time. That is more than enough reason to vote his ass out of office.

Notice that when Elected Representatives are caught breaking the law they say "There is no governing authority" (Remember Algore and his donation scandal?) So what do they do? Introduce Legislation to fix it! It's what do!

Why don't they just investigate the alleged violations of Law first? Because they wanna' paper over their transgression before it all gets out and make it look like they've done something about it.

If you get pulled over for speeding you have to pay the ticket right? No one says "There should be Speeding Law Reform!" while your ticket gets ignored or thrown away. Should be the same for Congress.

Too little too late. He's already on record siding with the big oil lobby precisely 100% of the time. That is more than enough reason to vote his ass out of office.

i'm trying to google the bill he voted on people are referring to and am only finding anti-brown ads.

You don't know what the bill was do you? I want to read it to see if there might have been a legit reason, not related to helping big oil, why he voted for/against whatever bill it is.

Good for him. It'll never see the light of day, but good for him none the less.

I agree...good for him...but they will never kill that golden goose.

Scott, the Senatorfold, Brown is feeling the true people's advocate, Elizabeth Warren, breathing down his neck so he's trying to appear more the representative of the people. He's a phoney.

(I do like his bill though)

Gee.....so how do you feel about all of the democrats that do not care that they do not appear to be representative of the people?

I can say the GOP reps better dam well support this....are you willing to say the same about your beloved democrats?

LOL....a GOP rep brings something to the table that is truly for the people...and sometrhing you admit you like..... and all you can do is post an assumption that he has alterior motives.....

Funny stuff.

It really is a sad state of affairs when a Legislation has to be introduced requiring Congress people to obey the law.

In other words...

Government does not have to fear the people...but the people have to fear the government.

What is that the definition of?

Anyone?

i'm trying to google the bill he voted on people are referring to and am only finding anti-brown ads.

You don't know what the bill was do you? I want to read it to see if there might have been a legit reason, not related to helping big oil, why he voted for/against whatever bill it is.

It's a just a talking point that people are parroting from the ads against him.

Key Votes - Scott Brown - Project Vote Smart

"He voted with big oil 100% of the time". Sometimes bills are more complicated than a singular issue and in real life things are not so black and white...You see it all the time..A congressman votes for a bill even though it has certain provisions, they vote yes for what they see as the greater good within the bill, and the partisan smear machine pounces to use it against them, knowing full well most people won't bother to learn what other factors were involved in his decision process at the time...

"He voted with big oil 100% of the time". Sometimes bills are more complicated than a singular issue and in real life things are not so black and white...You see it all the time..A congressman votes for a bill even though it has certain provisions, they vote yes for what they see as the greater good within the bill, and the partisan smear machine pounces to use it against them, knowing full well most people won't bother to learn what other factors were involved in his decision process at the time...

Sometimes facts are talking points too sally. :thup:

It really is a sad state of affairs when a Legislation has to be introduced requiring Congress people to obey the law.

In other words...

Government does not have to fear the people...but the people have to fear the government.

Anyone?

Tyranny

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson

I recall a bill several years ago that was designed to assist our troops overseas...and in it wewre earmarks that had nothing to do with the troops...so many GOPers voted against it BECAUSE OF THE REDICULOUS PUBLIC INTEREST EARMARKS...

And the smear machine talked about how McCain voted against a bill that was designed to help the troops.

Amazing how the parties allow the truth to be spun in an effort to make the other party look bad.

And we continue to let them get away with it.

In other words...

Anyone?

Tyranny

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson
lol...I knew that already.....was just making a point.

Forum List

Back