Scott Brown: President's Rhetoric 'Inappropriate'

Its funny how easily RWers are ready to trample on the freedoms they CLAIM to revere so much when its their boy in office eh?

McCain wanted to model health care deregulation on the deregulation of banking.

:lol:

ROTFLMWIAO!!!!!
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif
hysterical.gif

the IW part....West Indian?

You're not half dumb.

And something that totally failed too.

At least we are following the same framework with the health care bill.....because we know the insurance companies will never become "too big to fail" and need a bailout that comes along with new government controls like the banking industry :eusa_whistle:

I'm not certain the insurance companies will ever be in that position. It's true the insurance companies have to cover pre-existings, but now EVERYONE must buy insurance and the insurers no longer have to spend money trying to determine how sick applicants are.

I have a feeling that premiums will be going up substantially to cover pre existing conditions and the freebe's. This I feel will be the start of government take over of healthcare. When people can no longer afford their own private healthcare....low and behold, Uncle Sam will pop up with a single payer, and drive the rest of the private insurers out of business. Denny gets what he wanted, and barry gets what he was striving for all along.

With all due respect, I would like to offer my scenario:

1) Premiums will rise to cover the pre-exisitng conditions. That is a given as the risk of payout will go up.
2) Companies and individuals will prefer an alternative, a government option as it will be less expensive.
3) Insurance carriers will try to compete, but will not be able to at the rates they will need to charge so they will leave the market
4) Only option will be a single payer system.

It is not the Public Option pushing them out intentionally. Insurers will simply opt to invest their capital into a less risky more cost effective opportunity.

I am sure that is why President Obama referred to tthis being the first step to Universal Healthcare yesterday.

McCain wanted to model health care deregulation on the deregulation of banking.

:lol:

ROTFLMWIAO!!!!!
As I recall it was Clinton who pushed the banks into deregulation.
With all the time the Democrats spent mocking Bush's intellect and praising Gore's you wold think they might accept some of the blame for expecting a president they claim was mentally deficient to fix a near invisible banking mess caused by the allegedly intellectually superior Clinton/Gore team while simultaneously fighting a war against terrorists.

Oh, and LINK for the wild ass claim McCain ever suggested any such thing.

Here is a little economics test.

When the government holds costs below market value, medical care

1. Will Increase?
  2. Will Stay The Same?
  3. Will be rationed and in short supply?

Here is a little economics test.

When the government holds costs below market value, medical care costs

1. Will Increase?
  2. Will Stay The Same?
  3. Will be rationed and in short supply?

According to History the last time our government did this was under carter in the 70's. It lead to rationing and short supply last time the gov tried it.

Forum List

Back