Scott Brown: President's Rhetoric 'Inappropriate'

Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation.

John McCain

Sounds like deregulation to me.

what part of excesses eludes you?

"You're either with us or against us" was appropriate?

"You're either with us or with the terrorists" was appropriate!?!???

yes, god forbid a libtard would be made to choose against a terrorist, that's just plain DUmb. innit?

yes, god forbid a libtard would be made to choose against a terrorist, that's just plain DUmb. innit?

No.

"With us or with the terrorists" in disingenuos.
You can be against war but against terrorists as well.

But on the flip side:

Not being for the Healthcare Bill does not mean you are against Healthcare Reform.

Yet the President made it clear that if you are against the bill as it was, you were for the status quo. And that too, was disingenuous.

Yes sir. The party's are both creating a very nice divide in our country. A very nice one indeed.

Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation.

John McCain

Sounds like deregulation to me.

what part of excesses eludes you?

The part that contradicts her comment ;).

Sorry my tasty RAVIoli, i couldn't resist...chocolate covered strawberry as a peace offering?

chocolate_strawberry1.jpg

McCain wanted to model health care deregulation on the deregulation of banking.

:lol:

so he wanted to model it after something clinton did.

And something that totally failed too.

At least we are following the same framework with the health care bill.....because we know the insurance companies will never become "too big to fail" and need a bailout that comes along with new government controls like the banking industry :eusa_whistle:

McCain wanted to model health care deregulation on the deregulation of banking.

:lol:

At least we are following the same framework with the health care bill.....because we know the insurance companies will never become "too big to fail" and need a bailout that comes along with new government controls like the banking industry :eusa_whistle:

I'm not certain the insurance companies will ever be in that position. It's true the insurance companies have to cover pre-existings, but now EVERYONE must buy insurance and the insurers no longer have to spend money trying to determine how sick applicants are.

I'm not certain the insurance companies will ever be in that position. It's true the insurance companies have to cover pre-existings, but now EVERYONE must buy insurance and the insurers no longer have to spend money trying to determine how sick applicants are.

I have faith that the government will find a way to screw it up. At least social security is in the red for the first time this year Social Security could be in the red this year - The Boston Globe

Scott Brown, Sarah Palin, John McCain Lead Republican Counter-Attack - ABC News

"We're all in favor of the catastrophic care coverage and coverage for children," Brown told "Good Morning America." "But what about the backroom deals? What about all the bad things?"

At a rally in Iowa on Thursday, Obama dared Republicans to try to repeal the new health reform law. "If they want to have that fight, I welcome that fight," Obama said. "My attitude? Go for it."

Brown told "GMA" the president's rhetoric is "inappropriate."

Barry is as presidential as a turd hanging off a hound dog's ass.

The democrats are out there accusing the republicans of incitement. He is inciting the people with his campaign style speeches. He is appealing to his " DUMB" voters that the sky has not yet fallen because his health care plan passed.

It won't fall now but IT SURE AS HELL WILL, WHEN THIS PLAN KICKS IN IN FOUR YEARS. My husband's company laid off 4 more people yesterday because they fear what is coming their way in new and increased taxes on this monstrocity.

Last edited:

"We're all in favor of the catastrophic care coverage and coverage for children," Brown told "Good Morning America." "But what about the backroom deals? What about all the bad things?"

At a rally in Iowa on Thursday, Obama dared Republicans to try to repeal the new health reform law. "If they want to have that fight, I welcome that fight," Obama said. "My attitude? Go for it."

"If they want to have that fight, I welcome that fight,"

Go Mr. President. Make them say they dont want whats in this bill. Be specific and make them say what exactly they dont want.

God Bless America and God bless Obama.

You loved it when Bush trash talked

Who did Bush trash talk? I mean, some of his policies sucked. But I do not recall him trash talking anyone in the US. Did he?

I seem to recall that although he avoided Sheehan like the plague, he never criticized her. I also remember him making light of the shoe thrower and added the positive spin to it about democracy. So who in America did he trash talk?

And even if he did, why does that mean it is OK for Obama to trash talk?

Your response confuses me.

Totally agree.

I never heard Bush trash talk anyone. Even his most ardent critics.

I guess since its all Bush's fault they have to drag him in on this as well.

Ah. But look who posted it. OL'TM. That explains that.

Jeeze..

Last edited:

The democrats are out there accusing the republicans of incitement. He is inciting the people with his campaign style speeches. He is appealing to his " DUMB" voters that the sky has not yet fallen because of his health care plan. It won't fall now but IT SURE AS HELL WILL, WHEN THIS PLAN KICKS IN IN FOUR YEARS. My husband's company laid off 4 more people yesterday because they fear what is coming their way in new and increased taxes on this monstrocity.
His own side won't hold him accountable, they think we have a money tree that we can shake a few trillion off of and everything will be ok.

Forum List

Back