Scott Brown plans to support the Wall Street Reform Bill

We are counting on just that scenario...:eusa_angel:

I'm sure you are.

Too bad for you unless the GOP takes both houses there wont even be a need for a veto.

And that is the beauty of the impending November election - veto or no, the Obama agenda will be bereft of authority.

And make no mistake, much help will come from the Democrat side on this.

If he manages it, let Obama have a Clinton-like 2nd term - America will be the better for it.

2006 and 2008 were mistakes that will be largely corrected in 2010.

From there, 2016 will be along soon enough...:eusa_angel:

(though 2012 is not without significant opportunity as well...)

Of course Obama is going to lose some power after the election ... with a majority like that he had nowhere to go but down.

I agree that giving the Dems such a large majority in 2008 was mistake by our nation but to say that 2006 was a mistake is ridiculous. BOOOOOOOOSHHH and the GOP controlled Congress deserved to lose power in 2006 and they deserved to lose the White House in 2008 for all the fucking up they did.

Scott Brown was never the "Tea Party Candidate" - he enjoyed support from those affiliated with the Tea Party - but he also enjoyed support from voters who were longtime Democrats as well.

By that measure, you could call Scott Brown a Reagan-Democrat candidate, which is what his leanings tend to indicate.

Scott Brown signaled the beginning of the end of the Democrat-Progressives, and ending that will play out very well for the Republican Party in November 2010.

Right.

So I guess when YOU called him

The very essence of the tea party revolt...

You were what? full of shit then or full of shit now? I mean above and beyond your normal capacity for full of shititude?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1892505-post66.html

Scott Brown's victory was the very essence of the Tea Party revolt - you don't appear capable of understanding the rather simple reasoning behind that quite accurate statement.

How does a Pro Life Tax Cut Republican who promised to be the NO vote against the healthcare bill get elected in the former seat of Ted Kennedy?

Scott Brown represented a change for Mass voters from the tax and spend liberalism that now runs DC. As such, his victory was indeed the very essence of the Tea Party revolt. And if this anti-government sentiment has taken deep root in Mass., the depth of those same roots are now running very deep throughout the nation and will prove decisive in making very significant gains for conservatives in the upcoming November elections.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

You aren't even man enough to acknowledge your own phoniness. Brown is pro-choice btw and NEVER EVER was the kind of conservative the tea partiers like you pretended he was.

And healthcare passed, in case you missed the news.

That is not what Scott did - but also know that he understands some who support him will be upset at his decision to now vote for Finreg after the changes he requested be made. He is attempting to protect business in his own state - I don't fault him that - it is not very similar to the Cornhusker example.

Sometimes he will vote with Republicans and fewer times he will not. Sounds like a more principled issue-by-issue politician than the simple "party line" that caused diminished effective government during the Bush years, and even more so now under Obama-Pelosi-Reid.

As for a Democrat bloodbath - yes indeed. Gibbs is now in full on damage control mode - the White House will repeat that midterm losses are "normal" and that in no way does the election reflect America's views on Obama's agenda. Of course, the degree of these losses will be so significant as to be a direct reflection of Obama's agenda...

Brown made a deal for special treatment (exemptions) for his state in the bill, yes?

Nelson cut a deal for special treatment ($100m in medicaid funds) for his state, yes?

If Brown was just "attempting to protect business in his own state", wasn't Nelson just doing the same?

Brown was against the bill, Brown gets special treatment, Brown is now likely to vote yes for the bill. Sounds just as slimy as the HC deals that were made. I know, I know . . . business as usual in D.C.

um....i'm pretty sure there was a huge chunk of the bill cut out, like the taxes or bailout funds or something like that, scott wanted it out and it was taken out...at least i thought i heard on that radio a bit ago

Yes the 19 million dollar bank tax, I'm aware of that. He also got an exemption from some new restrictions on trading for his state. Had he not gotten that exemption . . . would he still have changed his vote to yes? Just saying, it's wrong for pols to cut backroom deals for votes regardless of what letter is next to their name. I find it odd that people think it's ok if their team does it but bitch when the other side does it.

Hey I was looking into it and the senate removed a bunch of stuff from the bill to get Brown's Support.

I need to look into the details now of what is left in and what was removed...i may not have to hate on the man for his vote depending on what I find out.

Hey I was looking into it and the senate removed a bunch of stuff from the bill to get Brown's Support.

I need to look into the details now of what is left in and what was removed...i may not have to hate on the man for his vote depending on what I find out.

Rest assurred a lot of fat-cats on Wall Street aren't happy with him regardless.

Rest assurred a lot of fat-cats on Wall Street aren't happy with him regardless.

I'm not sure if thats such a bad thing ;).

_____

Glad to hear it! Brown helped take a largely idiotic bill and make it less so.

He is utilizing his current position as legislative spoiler to weild far more influence on the process than a junior Senator would normally have - good on him for doing so.

The leftists are so desperate to create any semblance of victory in the current political climate that they run screaming about how Scott Brown supported a Democrat Party Bill, when in fact what Scott Brown did was make it a far less Democrat Party bill. Brown has voted for tax cuts, voted no on the unemployment extension attempts etc. He is doing a great job instilling some basic fiscal conservatism from within his Mass. Senate seat.

_____

Glad to hear it! Brown helped take a largely idiotic bill and make it less so.

He is utilizing his current position as legislative spoiler to weild far more influence on the process than a junior Senator would normally have - good on him for doing so.

The leftists are so desperate to create any semblance of victory in the current political climate that they run screaming about how Scott Brown supported a Democrat Party Bill, when in fact what Scott Brown did was make it a far less Democrat Party bill. Brown has voted for tax cuts, voted no on the unemployment extension attempts etc. He is doing a great job instilling some basic fiscal conservatism from within his Mass. Senate seat.

feel free to toss me any links with information about the changes....i've only found a bunch of random sites so far with info.

Forum List

Back