Scott Brown plans to support the Wall Street Reform Bill

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
POLITICO Breaking News:
-----------------------------------------------------

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) announced Monday that he plans to support the Wall Street reform bill, which is expected to give Democrats enough votes to pass the landmark legislation. “While it isn't perfect, I expect to support the bill when it comes up for a vote. It includes safeguards to help prevent another financial meltdown, ensures that consumers are protected, and it is paid for without new taxes,” Brown said in a news release.

Brown flexed some muscle during the process and gained protections for the financial businesses in his state.

A tactical display far more than a populist one - I find no fault in that.

When more Republicans enter the Senate next year, his influence will lesson considerably, but for now, Scott Brown is enjoying compromise status.

Good for him - still consider him to have strong potential as his national political career unfolds...

That's cause he cut backroom deals. Didn't he campaign against backroom deals? Why yes, yes he did. Typical pol. And we're suppose to vote in a better bunch? How, when they're all the same?

Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts cuts backroom deals he campaigned against | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

But he's the Tea Party candidate! After all, Republicans don't cut backroom deals like Pelosi and "Owe Bama!" Least this is what I've been hearing on USMB in one form or another the last couple months.

This is only the beginning, wait until November, maybe we'll get the sequel to the "Dracula Congress"

Scott Brown was never the "Tea Party Candidate" - he enjoyed support from those affiliated with the Tea Party - but he also enjoyed support from voters who were longtime Democrats as well.

By that measure, you could call Scott Brown a Reagan-Democrat candidate, which is what his leanings tend to indicate.

Scott Brown signaled the beginning of the end of the Democrat-Progressives, and ending that will play out very well for the Republican Party in November 2010.

That's cause he cut backroom deals. Didn't he campaign against backroom deals? Why yes, yes he did. Typical pol. And we're suppose to vote in a better bunch? How, when they're all the same?

Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts cuts backroom deals he campaigned against | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

But he's the Tea Party candidate! After all, Republicans don't cut backroom deals like Pelosi and "Owe Bama!" Least this is what I've been hearing on USMB in one form or another the last couple months.

This is only the beginning, wait until November, maybe we'll get the sequel to the "Dracula Congress"

No, he was the lesser of two evils (figuratively speaking) is all.

Republicans and Democrats . . . two peas, same pod. I'm so sick of it. Aren't there any pols who will just say what they mean and mean what they say?

Scott Brown was never the "Tea Party Candidate" - he enjoyed support from those affiliated with the Tea Party - but he also enjoyed support from voters who were longtime Democrats as well.

By that measure, you could call Scott Brown a Reagan-Democrat candidate, which is what his leanings tend to indicate.

Scott Brown signaled the beginning of the end of the Democrat-Progressives, and ending that will play out very well for the Republican Party in November 2010.

And so the disfranchisement begins. You are a fucking hack of epic proportions.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/102149-scott-brown-is-the-tea-partys-first-victory.html

Tonight, yet another HUGE victory for the American Tea Party movement..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...-brown-is-the-tea-partys-first-victory-2.html

You are right - 2006 was the first anti-Big Government vote of the modern era. It lacked a cohesive movement at that time, but was rooted in the same principles as today's "Tea Party" - a loose organization of small government fiscal conservatism that shares values across partisan lines among conservative Republicans, Independents, Democrats, and Libertarians.

Scott Brown's own wide ranging appeals shows his own victory to mirror the appeal of the grassroots Tea Party movement as well.

What's wrong Sinatra? Your bosses don't usually plan for this huh? You're nothing but a paid shill.

Republicans and Democrats . . . two peas, same pod. I'm so sick of it. Aren't there any pols who will just say what they mean and mean what they say?

Indeed. Sinatra is a great example of that as I just showed.

To be fair - Scott Brown repeatedly stated he is and will remain a "Scott Brown Republican".

So far he has proven to follow up with that description.

Scott Brown is a moderate - as a Repubilcan in Mass. he has to be. It is still a remarkable and transformative moment to have a Republican senator replace Ted Kennedy.

Keep the faith - November is coming soon, and while the outcome will not be "perfect", it will prove itself of great benefit to those wanting a return to some semblance of political balance in DC and throughout state governments.

The Obama agenda will be greatly diminished following November, and that is a good thing for America...

To be fair - Scott Brown repeatedly stated he is and will remain a "Scott Brown Republican".

Scott Brown is a moderate - as a Repubilcan in Mass. he has to be. It is still a remarkable and transformative moment to have a Republican senator replace Ted Kennedy.

Keep the faith - November is coming soon, and while the outcome will not be "perfect", it will prove itself of great benefit to those wanting a return to some semblance of political balance in DC and throughout state governments.

The Obama agenda will be greatly diminished following November, and that is a good thing for America...

Don't listen to her Zoom. She's a liar and hack. Anyone willing to sell their political views for money isn't worth a salt of time to believe in.

And so the disfranchisement begins. You are a fucking hack of epic proportions.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/102149-scott-brown-is-the-tea-partys-first-victory.html

Tonight, yet another HUGE victory for the American Tea Party movement..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...-brown-is-the-tea-partys-first-victory-2.html

You are right - 2006 was the first anti-Big Government vote of the modern era. It lacked a cohesive movement at that time, but was rooted in the same principles as today's "Tea Party" - a loose organization of small government fiscal conservatism that shares values across partisan lines among conservative Republicans, Independents, Democrats, and Libertarians.

Scott Brown's own wide ranging appeals shows his own victory to mirror the appeal of the grassroots Tea Party movement as well.

What's wrong Sinatra? Your bosses don't usually plan for this huh? You're nothing but a paid shrill.

Sounds like I have stayed very consistent regarding Scott Brown - and right on the mark!!

And my linking of Scott Brown with the 2006 elections was fascinating.

I should get a raise...:eusa_angel:

Scott knew he was going to vote for it. He's been stalling saying he would look it over but that guy is not a partyline vote.

If you recall, Sarah Palin tried to take credit for his win.

Well, if a 'Scott Brown Republican' means voting no then cutting backroom deals then switching your vote to yes, I say fuck 'em. Corruption is corruption no matter what letter is next to their name. I don't care if he's a moderate but I do care that he's a hypocrite. He bellyached against the Cornhusker Kickback in running for election then turns around and does the same when he's up to bat?? Give me a break.

Oh I've no doubt that November is going to be a bloodbath . . . or close to it. Even Gibby thinks so. Problem is, will it really make any difference? Time will tell.

Oh I've no doubt that November is going to be a bloodbath . . . or close to it. Even Gibby thinks so. Problem is, will it really make any difference? Time will tell.

Nope. If you want a good read, read this article from Rolling Stone:

t r u t h o u t | Matt Taibbi | Time to Go! Inside the Worst Congress Ever

It's worth it.

Here's just one small highlight of the "Dracula Congress".

The GOP's "take that, bitch" approach to governing has been taken to the greatest heights by the House Judiciary Committee. The committee is chaired by the legendary Republican monster James Sensenbrenner Jr., an ever-sweating, fat-fingered beast who wields his gavel in a way that makes you think he might have used one before in some other arena, perhaps to beat prostitutes to death. Last year, Sensenbrenner became apoplectic when Democrats who wanted to hold a hearing on the Patriot Act invoked a little-known rule that required him to let them have one.

"Naturally, he scheduled it for something like 9 a.m. on a Friday when Congress wasn't in session, hoping that no one would show," recalls a Democratic staffer who attended the hearing. "But we got a pretty good turnout anyway."

Sensenbrenner kept trying to gavel the hearing to a close, but Democrats again pointed to the rules, which said they had a certain amount of time to examine their witnesses. When they refused to stop the proceedings, the chairman did something unprecedented: He simply picked up his gavel and walked out.

"He was like a kid at the playground," the staffer says. And just in case anyone missed the point, Sensenbrenner shut off the lights and cut the microphones on his way out of the room.

Well, if a 'Scott Brown Republican' means voting no then cutting backroom deals then switching your vote to yes, I say fuck 'em. Corruption is corruption no matter what letter is next to their name. I don't care if he's a moderate but I do care that he's a hypocrite. He bellyached against the Cornhusker Kickback in running for election then turns around and does the same when he's up to bat?? Give me a break.

That is not what Scott did - but also know that he understands some who support him will be upset at his decision to now vote for Finreg after the changes he requested be made. He is attempting to protect business in his own state - I don't fault him that - it is not very similar to the Cornhusker example.

Sometimes he will vote with Republicans and fewer times he will not. Sounds like a more principled issue-by-issue politician than the simple "party line" that caused diminished effective government during the Bush years, and even more so now under Obama-Pelosi-Reid.

As for a Democrat bloodbath - yes indeed. Gibbs is now in full on damage control mode - the White House will repeat that midterm losses are "normal" and that in no way does the election reflect America's views on Obama's agenda. Of course, the degree of these losses will be so significant as to be a direct reflection of Obama's agenda...

The teabaggers STILL trying to pretend Scott Brown didn't sucker them.

Too funny.

And they mocked ME when I called him another John McCain last January. Ok, you got me, he's WAAAAAY to the left of John McCain.

Scott Brown is exactly the kind of Republican Massachusettans elect when they elect Republicans, you know,

the kind real conservatives despise.

Too funny.

And they mocked ME when I called him another John McCain last January. Ok, you got me, he's WAAAAAY to the left of John McCain.

Scott Brown is "way left" of John McCain?

Please clarify your statement.

Thank you!

Too funny.

Scott Brown is "way left" of John McCain?

Please clarify your statement.

Thank you!

John McCain has voted against everything Scott Brown has voted with the Democrats on, if I'm not mistaken.

Forum List

Back