Scott Brown May Save Obama

Or is he just a knee jerk liberal, an ambitious black Chicago politician who understood that his political career would go nowhere if he did not embrace liberalism? Keep in mind that his "signature" issue, health insurance "reform", only became an important issue for him when it was forced upon him by Clinton and Edwards during the primaries, that he only enthusiastically embraced it when it became important to his personal success in the primaries that he do so.
If you read his books you will know better than this.

I read first book, Dreams from My Father, which was written just after law school, and that is of the reason I doubt depth of his "convictions". Before Obama became a national political celebrity, the book had only one printing, most of which ended up on clearance tables, and in recalling that time in the introduction to a later edition, Obama says that he had originally intended to write a book about the black experience in America, but whenever he sat down to write, all he could think about was his own experience, which if you read that book you know had nothing to do with the experience of other black people in America. Both the book, itself, which basically recounts Obama's search for an identity and a place to belong, and his account of how he came to write that book, suggest that rather than being a deep thinker on social and political issues with strong convictions, he is shallow and self absorbed. While the book does show he is a good, although dull, writer, it also shows he has nothing to say except that he finds himself and his experiences endlessly fascinating.

I can't imagine what you read in that book to give you the impression Obama is a man of deeply and passionately held liberal beliefs rather than just a shallow, one dimensional, self absorbed, ambitious man who understood he had to embrace liberalism if he hoped to get anywhere in politics.

You are absolutely 100% correct.

There persists a deeply imbedded and often petulant self-involvement within Obama. The man has yet to truly grow up, and his first year in office has been a clear indicator of such.

He best grow up fast now, or his political future shall not proceed past one term...

(to say nothing of the fact Obama received ample help from his books - though none are credited with doing so. His college records gives no indication of his having any significant skill in writing...)

Last edited:
If Obama actually takes heed of the very loud message being sent him via the elections in Virginia, New Jersey, and now Massachusetts, he has ample time to alter course and steer his administration back to the political center.

Bill Clinton did so, and was rewarded with 2nd term.

Does Obama have the pragmatism to do the same - or will his ignorant arrogance win out?

Remember, Clinton had ample executive experience as a governor of a largely conservative state.

Obama has no such experience - in fact, Obama's experience that requires actual leadership does not exist. Thus the great political danger to him now. He must learn quickly that America is sounding warning after warning regarding this willingness to allow Pelosi and Reid to dominate the legislative direction of the country, while Obama simply comes out repeatedly and teleprompts a supportive speech for this direction. That approach has made Obama appear both weak and uncertain of himself as the leader of the Democrat Party.

Time to grow up Mr. President and face the music - and start to dance to the tune of the American people, and not the far left current leadership of the Democrat Party.

His administration IS in the political center. It's been characterized as far left by the far right, but if you look at what he's done and not done, tried and not tried, you'll see the left is not crazy about it. He sought compromise with people who have now wish to comprise. You can tell that by what the Repugs did to the GOP in chasing all of the moderate Repugs out. The people left in the GOP don't want to compromise, heck, they don't even want to govern. THEY WANT TO RULE!!!!

I can't imagine what you read in that book to give you the impression Obama is a man of deeply and passionately held liberal beliefs rather than just a shallow, one dimensional, self absorbed, ambitious man who understood he had to embrace liberalism if he hoped to get anywhere in politics.
He has more than one book.

You should read them again, with a fresh eye.

Perhaps you should reread them with a fresh eye since you can't seem to recall anything from either book that has led you to the conclusion that Obama is more than a shallow, self absorbed, ambitious politician who became a liberal because it would advance his career and not because of any deeply held convictions. Understand, I'm not saying Obama is a cynic, just that he is so shallow and self absorbed that he feels no need to try to resolve conflicting views of things and so ambitious that he is only able to consider the value of an action or position in terms of how it impacts his own life and ambitions.

If Obama actually takes heed of the very loud message being sent him via the elections in Virginia, New Jersey, and now Massachusetts, he has ample time to alter course and steer his administration back to the political center.

Does Obama have the pragmatism to do the same - or will his ignorant arrogance win out?

Remember, Clinton had ample executive experience as a governor of a largely conservative state.

Obama has no such experience - in fact, Obama's experience that requires actual leadership does not exist. Thus the great political danger to him now. He must learn quickly that America is sounding warning after warning regarding this willingness to allow Pelosi and Reid to dominate the legislative direction of the country, while Obama simply comes out repeatedly and teleprompts a supportive speech for this direction. That approach has made Obama appear both weak and uncertain of himself as the leader of the Democrat Party.

Time to grow up Mr. President and face the music - and start to dance to the tune of the American people, and not the far left current leadership of the Democrat Party.

I don't think that he is smart enough to do a Clintonesk move to the center. His campaign promises were such flagrant lies that it's going to be very difficult to forget them, anyone who runs against him has so much ammunition as to torpedo any campaign he runs. If he were smart he would trash that health care bill now and start over with real health care reform.

Time to start governing instead of the continued campaign.

I'm not so sure he'll make the move towards the middle. The base he has left, his far left, will be furious if he abandons them for a more centrist approach. But hey, I could be wrong.

Obama may get out there & give another teleprompted speech. You know how he plans to be conservative with the budget--:lol::lol:--but in my opinion he is way to arrogant to abandon his far left agenda.

Did you hear the comment about Scott Brown's GM pickup truck? Obama is so arrogant it makes him ignorant to the fact--that there are millions upon millions of Americans that own pick up trucks--& took offense to that comment. I really don't believe Obama has an original thought--it comes from Pelosi & Reid.

Interesting comment this morning that Bill Clinton liked to hear Republican ideas. I really don't think Obama can get to that.

$obama-speech.jpg

"Save the dem party" from what?

Obviously, Truth means it will save the Dem Party from itself, and this illustrates the sad and desperate place Dembot thinking has come to when they now believe only a Republican can save the Dem Party from the Dems.
Truthmattersnot is a true kool-aid imbibing believer and a indiscriminate regurgitator of same.

TRUTHDOESN'T MATTER is simply an irritating fool.

There are many fools in this world.

She is one of them.

He has more than one book.

You should read them again, with a fresh eye.

Perhaps you should reread them with a fresh eye since you can't seem to recall anything from either book that has led you to the conclusion that Obama is more than a shallow, self absorbed, ambitious politician who became a liberal because it would advance his career and not because of any deeply held convictions. Understand, I'm not saying Obama is a cynic, just that he is so shallow and self absorbed that he feels no need to try to resolve conflicting views of things and so ambitious that he is only able to consider the value of an action or position in terms of how it impacts his own life and ambitions.
I never made any such assertion.

However, he didn't "become" a Liberal. He was raised and indoctrinated to be a progressive. These are two entirely different things.

Barack Obama is NOT a liberal.

Forum List

Back