Scott Brown May Save Obama

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
If Obama actually takes heed of the very loud message being sent him via the elections in Virginia, New Jersey, and now Massachusetts, he has ample time to alter course and steer his administration back to the political center.

Bill Clinton did so, and was rewarded with 2nd term.

Does Obama have the pragmatism to do the same - or will his ignorant arrogance win out?

Remember, Clinton had ample executive experience as a governor of a largely conservative state.

Obama has no such experience - in fact, Obama's experience that requires actual leadership does not exist. Thus the great political danger to him now. He must learn quickly that America is sounding warning after warning regarding this willingness to allow Pelosi and Reid to dominate the legislative direction of the country, while Obama simply comes out repeatedly and teleprompts a supportive speech for this direction. That approach has made Obama appear both weak and uncertain of himself as the leader of the Democrat Party.

Time to grow up Mr. President and face the music - and start to dance to the tune of the American people, and not the far left current leadership of the Democrat Party.

If Obama actually takes heed of the very loud message being sent him via the elections in Virginia, New Jersey, and now Massachusetts, he has ample time to alter course and steer his administration back to the political center.

Does Obama have the pragmatism to do the same - or will his ignorant arrogance win out?

Remember, Clinton had ample executive experience as a governor of a largely conservative state.

Obama has no such experience - in fact, Obama's experience that requires actual leadership does not exist. Thus the great political danger to him now. He must learn quickly that America is sounding warning after warning regarding this willingness to allow Pelosi and Reid to dominate the legislative direction of the country, while Obama simply comes out repeatedly and teleprompts a supportive speech for this direction. That approach has made Obama appear both weak and uncertain of himself as the leader of the Democrat Party.

Time to grow up Mr. President and face the music - and start to dance to the tune of the American people, and not the far left current leadership of the Democrat Party.

Time to start governing instead of the continued campaign.

I'm not so sure he'll make the move towards the middle. The base he has left, his far left, will be furious if he abandons them for a more centrist approach. But hey, I could be wrong.

Time to start governing instead of the continued campaign.

I'm not so sure he'll make the move towards the middle. The base he has left, his far left, will be furious if he abandons them for a more centrist approach. But hey, I could be wrong.

This is a fascinating question.

I have always thought that rather than the kind of politician, like President Clinton, no principles other than the need for approval, this President was a true believer in Euro-thought, and it will be very difficult for him to vary his approach to the Presidency.

In fact, I always thought that he would settle for one term to get the changes that he promised his base.

If a politician, "Time to start governing instead of the continued campaign."

According to those on the left, you couldn't be any more wrong. This election has nothing to do with Obama. It's about the Massachusetts people not wanting to pay more for the healthcare they already receive and just the fact that Americans are fickle and don't want one party to completely rule.

This of course makes perfect sense if you ignore the fact that no republican senator has been elected by that state in 40 years.

I think it will save the Dem party.

Never take a seat for granted.

I wonder how much money the R party gave brown?

I don't know if it helps the President but i do think it does help the moderate Democrats who never wanted to vote for this health care debacle. Scott Brown winning does give those moderates an excuse to try and kill the bill. I guess we'll see though.

Obama's far too much of an ideologue. He's not Bill Clinton by any stretch.

He will "stay the course."

To this point that appears to be correct - Obama's arrogant ignorance will be his political doom if he cannot grasp the politics being developed around him.

Watch for the media to once again crank up the "America could be too racist for a Black President" angle to try to minimize the true message of Virginia-New Jersey-Massachusetts.

The old White Guilt ploy aided Obama's election campaign, it will be utilized once again.

That playbook is getting old though, and independents are not falling for it nearly as much.

If Obama does not learn the lesson of these anti-Big Government elections, he will not see a 2nd term...

If Obama actually takes heed of the very loud message being sent him via the elections in Virginia, New Jersey, and now Massachusetts, he has ample time to alter course and steer his administration back to the political center..

I wouldn't bet money on it. Obama is aloof and an elitist. He thinks he knows best and I doubt anything is going to change as a result of last night. He'll walk away from this not believing he's made mistakes, but rather that the people of Massachusetts simply don't know what's best for them.

If Obama actually takes heed of the very loud message being sent him via the elections in Virginia, New Jersey, and now Massachusetts, he has ample time to alter course and steer his administration back to the political center..

I wouldn't bet money on it. Obama is aloof and an elitist. He thinks he knows best and I doubt anything is going to change as a result of last night. He'll walk away from this not believing he's made mistakes, but rather that the people of Massachusetts simply don't know what's best for them.

If so, his political future is running out...

"Save the dem party" from what?

Obviously, Truth means it will save the Dem Party from itself, and this illustrates the sad and desperate place Dembot thinking has come to when they now believe only a Republican can save the Dem Party from the Dems.

To this point that appears to be correct - Obama's arrogant ignorance will be his political doom if he cannot grasp the politics being developed around him.
He CAN grasp it, knows all about it. But he BELIEVES to his core that Progressivism is what we need, what will "save the country." He's almost like a religious fanatic on that. It's in his upbringing and education, and all his life's experiences. It's in his writings, his speeches, his very essence.

He can no more go against it than he could stop breathing. It's not arrogance or ignorance at all -- it's belief. Honest, pure true belief.

"Save the dem party" from what?

Obviously, Truth means it will save the Dem Party from itself, and this illustrates the sad and desperate place Dembot thinking has come to when they now believe only a Republican can save the Dem Party from the Dems.
Truthmattersnot is a true kool-aid imbibing believer and a indiscriminate regurgitator of same.

He CAN grasp it, knows all about it. But he BELIEVES to his core that Progressivism is what we need, what will "save the country." He's almost like a religious fanatic on that. It's in his upbringing and education, and all his life's experiences. It's in his writings, his speeches, his very essence.

He can no more go against it than he could stop breathing. It's not arrogance or ignorance at all -- it's belief. Honest, pure true belief.
___

Ahhh - fascinating!

Obama is in fact akin to a religious fanatic - progressivism is a form of political religion.

You have opened up a new angle to this thing - well done!!!

I agree 100%!
Well said!

We need to move forward aggressively, continuing on job creation, and on financial regulatory reform," White House senior adviser David Axelrod told the Huffington Post. "But we should finish health care because the caricature of that bill is there and everyone who voted for it will have to live with that. The way to deal with that is to pass the bill and let people see... the value of it."
White House Warns Against Dropping Health Care As Party Grows Skittish

"We will move forward with those considerations in mind -- but we will move forward," House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi said of the healthcare bill in a speech to the U.S. Conference of Mayors.
WRAPUP 1-Democrats promise to push ahead on health bill | Reuters

The way I see it, is that while some of the more progressive elements want to proceed with the agenda people like Sen. Webb and Sen. Bayh are taking pause because passage of sweeping legislation in the face of last nights election will have many political problems among them the sacrifice of a seat in order to gain passage and thats something that some members are not willing to do. If the bills are rammed through anyway, which from a pure political standpoint would be the largest mistake that could possibly be made except for perhaps the Speaker herself and a few others, for the rest if will mean a very hard election in Nov. among them Harry Reid who is already in trouble.

___

Ahhh - fascinating!

Obama is in fact akin to a religious fanatic - progressivism is a form of political religion.

I agree 100%!
Well said!
Please understand -- this isn't a knock on Obama. Far from it. This is understanding Obama.

The man is honest in his beliefs. They are held in his soul. He is what he is. There's no dishonor or disparaging in that. He does not want to destroy America, he literally and truly wants to SAVE it. It's a calling, a mission.

___

Ahhh - fascinating!

I agree 100%!
Well said!
Please understand -- this isn't a knock on Obama. Far from it. This is understanding Obama.

The man is honest in his beliefs. They are held in his soul. He is what he is. There's no dishonor or disparaging in that. He does not want to destroy America, he literally and truly wants to SAVE it. It's a calling, a mission.

Again, I agree and understand exactly what you're saying here.

Forum List

Back