Scott Brown lies to cover up ties to Tea Party

If someone asked me what I thought of the tea party movement and what they are trying to do I'd be able to answer the question.

Yep, you'd claim that they are 'trying to take over the country' and alienate a huge chunk of potential votes, you'd make yourself look an idiot with anyone with half a brain, and also have your words twisted to make you sound like a paranoid fool. And you'd lose the election.

Good thing that he's smarter than you.
:lol: That's not what I think of them...but I would be able to answer the question and not afraid to answer it, like Brown.

I don't think it was fear, it was good media handling... in a negative interview it is often wise to deflect any question. Brown's obviously been trained in how to handle a confrontational or negative interview and did exactly what he was told to do. You may not like it but that's what happens. They are trained to deal with negative media by deflecting. It's very easy to sit back and say what you would or would not have done but when you are being interviewed, it is a very different matter.

Yep, you'd claim that they are 'trying to take over the country' and alienate a huge chunk of potential votes, you'd make yourself look an idiot with anyone with half a brain, and also have your words twisted to make you sound like a paranoid fool. And you'd lose the election.

:lol: That's not what I think of them...but I would be able to answer the question and not afraid to answer it, like Brown.

I don't think it was fear, it was good media handling... in a negative interview it is often wise to deflect any question. Brown's obviously been trained in how to handle a confrontational or negative interview and did exactly what he was told to do. You may not like it but that's what happens. They are trained to deal with negative media by deflecting. It's very easy to sit back and say what you would or would not have done but when you are being interviewed, it is a very different matter.

Good media handling? Is that what you righties are calling lies these days?

:rolleyes:

QUESTION: “Scott, what do you think about the Tea Party movement and what they are trying to do?”

SCOTT BROWN: “I am not quite sure what you are talking about, what are they trying to do?”

QUESTION: “The anti-smaller government, sort of anti-establishment organization that is trying to take over the country.”

SCOTT BROWN: “Taking over the country. I think that is a little bit of an exaggeration.”

QUESTION: “Well, they are all over the place and they are trying to take down moderate Republicans. . .”

SCOTT BROWN: “All I know is that. . . “

QUESTION: “Are you completely unaware of that organization?”

SCOTT BROWN: “I’m not quite sure what you are referring to. But let me just say that this is a big tent campaign. I have people who are Democrats, I have people who are Independents, Republicans, young, old, liberal, conservative, moderate involved in this campaign because people are looking past the letter behind my name and they are looking at my 30 years of military service. They are looking at the fact that I have been a municipal and legislative leader with over 6000 votes, and more importantly they are looking at the stark differences between Martha and me on health care on cap and trade, on the expiring tax cuts, on the war tax, on how we treat people who are trying to kill us, on the fact that Afghanistan has a very real and vital national interest. They’re looking at those issues, and I welcome everybody’s support, because, literally, it’s me against the machine.”

>>

How did the Boston Globe report those remarks?

Republican State Senator Scott Brown toured a medical device company in Chelmsford, using the event to again blast Democratic efforts to overhaul health care and tamp down Democratic efforts to paint him as a Republican in lock-step with the national GOP.

“The allegation that I vote 96 percent of the time with Republicans is inaccurate, but I’m proud of the fact that I’ve stood up against out-of-control spending and taxation in Massachusetts,” he said.

He also claimed that he was unfamiliar with the “Tea Party movement,” when asked by a reporter. When told that different people labeled him a conservative, moderate and a liberal Republican, he responded “I’m a Scott Brown Republican.”

Clearly, Brown meant that he was unaware of the assumptions built into the rather biased question coming from the reporter, ie, “trying to take over the country.” Brown even called that an exaggeration, which would indicate to most people that Brown was well aware of the movement — as is obvious, since he reportedly spoke at a few Tea Party rallies. Opponents tried to hang a charge of dishonesty on Brown using the poor reporting of the Globe, but as the transcript shows, the biggest problem here is the reporter who had a huge axe to grind in his or her questioning.
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Shocker: Boston Globe misrepresents Brown statement on Tea Parties

Last edited:

:rofl:

The left is desperate at this point they will say or do anything to stop Brown, lie, cheat, steal, I wouldn't put them past attempted murder either. Lets hope Brown has good security.

I don't know....seems to me that he would have more danger issues if he was a Leftie.

yeah, we in massachusetts pride ourselves on being very dangerous to the left.

dope

The dems are in a panic about this, they need to be careful about attacking the tea party movement. After all, it was Boston Massachusetts that was the site of the ORIGINAL TEA PARTY movement when a bunch of citizens from BOSTON threw the english tea into the harbor. They started that whole ball a rolling, that's why today we are not under English rule. Just a little history for all of you historically challenged liberals. It's probably not a good idea to attack the tea party movement.:lol::lol:

You bring up a good point. People in Massachusetts are well aware of what the REAL Tea Party was about....and how those silly losers (are you one of them?) are trying to preempt the name of a proud moment in American History.

But I cannot help but notice all the denials going around the Right Wing posters these days.

Denial that Brown has been associated with "Teabaggers".

Denial that Pat Rpbertson has been a force in the Right Wing.

Denial that Rush Limbaugh is a force in the Right Wing.

How's all that denial working for you guys?

The left is desperate at this point they will say or do anything to stop Brown, lie, cheat, steal, I wouldn't put them past attempted murder either. Lets hope Brown has good security.

I don't know....seems to me that he would have more danger issues if he was a Leftie.

dope

:clap2::clap2: I'm glad to see you got my point.

dope

are the people in Mass dangerous to the right?

I think not.

and I'm kinda betting the Kennedy's would agree with me. :eusa_whistle:

And Coakley while criticizing Brown for taking money from "shadowy" organizations bends over for

Pfizer, Merk, Novartis, Humana, United health Care and Blue Cross all of which gave her campaign at least 10 grand

Nice attempt at deflection. Tough to do and be so transparent at the same time. Why not just call Brown the liar that he is?

Because there's no evidence that he is lying, PudYank...

Stop being such a party hack....

And the fastest horse wins again!

Taken out of context AND and outright lie.

QUESTION: "Scott, what do you think about the Tea Party movement and what they are trying to do?"

BROWN: "I am not quite sure what you are talking about, what are they trying to do?"

QUESTION: "The anti-smaller government, sort of anti-establishment organization that is trying to take over the country."

BROWN: "Taking over the country. I think that is a little bit of an exaggeration."

QUESTION: "Well, they are all over the place and they are trying to take down moderate Republicans. . ."

BROWN: "All I know is that. . . "

QUESTION: "Are you completely unaware of that organization?"

BROWN: "I'm not quite sure what you are referring to. But let me just say that this is a big tent campaign..."

So, in FACT, it is the left who - yet again - are unable to grasp a simple statement in context, choosing instead to lie and accuse a Republican of lying. I wish the left understood irony!

OK...OK...I admit, maybe I reacted too quickly in calling Brown a liar. Based on this answer, maybe he is just stupid? Retarded? Slow? Special needs? I mean come on....answer this elemntary school level question already...

Or just maybe he is actually an intelligent politician and can see a set-up question before he answers it.

No, little man. That is good media handling - left or right. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. The left do this just as much as the right do.... the only difference is that more often than not, no one cares. The only reason it's of any interest is because he is about to kick the asses of the liberals in their home state.... he's likely to take the seat of the legendary liberal Kennedy. Desperate times call for desperate measures - and that is exactly what this interview was. It was an attempt to make Brown look bad and give the left some ammunition against him. Because he managed to handle the interview, they are left with an unsubstantiable claim that he 'lied'.

If anything, this whole thing makes the left look rather desparate. The right smell blood in the water.

"Taking over the country. I think that is a little bit of an exaggeration."

So he doesn't know who they are but he knows that's an exaggeration.

hmmmm....oops...

dope

I think not.

not at all, we're pretty peaceful in general, left and right.

i will say that IMO there's a pent up demand for someone who isn't draping themselves in the *kennedy* legacy. i think a lot of people voted for teddy because they felt badly about the tragedies that his family has gone through and his seniority and not because he was some kind of liberal lion.

most of the people i know, which is obviously not a scientifically valid sample, felt that he was pretty much a drunken buffoon for most of the past 30+ years. he did get his act together towards the end, but frankly, i think most of us up here are ready for someone different.

my $0.02

What exactly did he lie about?

He never said he was unfamilier with the Tea Partiers.

"Correction: State Sen. Scott Brown did not use the word "unfamiliar," that was how the Boston Globe characterized his remarks. But after watching video of the press conference where Brown was asked about the tea party movement, it appears he actually was unclear about the premise of the reporter's question, not the tea party movement itself."

I'd like to know how someone "appears" to be unclear on any given subject.

And Coakley while criticizing Brown for taking money from "shadowy" organizations bends over for

Pfizer, Merk, Novartis, Humana, United health Care and Blue Cross all of which gave her campaign at least 10 grand

Nice attempt at deflection. Tough to do and be so transparent at the same time. Why not just call Brown the liar that he is?

Before you call Brown a liar, you first must prove he is a liar.

dope

I think not.

:lol::lol::lol: We know the left are desperate when they invoke the revered name of Kennedy. :lol::lol::lol:

One of the Kennedy's would agree with you. I doubt that the other two - the really heroic Kennedy's that came before the drunken ass - would recognize the democratic party as it is. They most certainly are not the party of JFK.

You make him sound like the perfect politician...deflect all negative media. Excellent!

Forum List

Back