Scott Brown for President in 2016

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Lets face it, Obama is going to get re-elected in 2012 and all things considered, it could be worse. And there are no 2012 GOP candidates that I'd trust enough to risk up to 8 years of that. At this point, the best thing for the country and the GOP is for them to focus on holding Congress and riding it out. And by 'riding it out' I specifically mean blocking any attempts by Obama to advance any parts of his agenda for which they oppose ideologically. I'm not suggesting they be obstructionist or disruptive to fundamental government operations, just vigilant against all 'change' they believe moves the country in the wrong direction. If the people of this country do not support them in that effort, let them speak up in 2012 and give Obama the reigns with a healthy majority in both houses. Afterall, that's how it's supposed to work. It's not supposed to be easy to implement revolutionary change, for that a mandate from the people is essential if we believe in anything the Founding Fathers put in place. But at the same time, if Obama gets his mandate, the rest of the country (including me) needs to suck it up and deal. When it comes to what and how much we tax, and how we spend the revenues, it's a matter of ideology, not constitutionality...therefore the majority rules. Of course I wouldn't bet on that.

But at the same time, the GOP needs to reinvent itself and make a serious move toward the center. This may sound contradictory to the above recommendation for the GOP to turn Congress into an ideological battleground for the next 5 years, but it really isn't. I think people do want change, even *gasp* in some cases a move to the left, but Obama is too radical. However, if the GOP doesn't offer their own solutions then the radical left will eventually beat down the public and get their mandate. In other words, don't let it get so bad that any change looks like greener pastures than no change at all.

I submit that Scott Brown is just the man to lead this charge and I hereby officially endorse Scott Brown for President in 2016.

Well, you're good a picking the winners of elections, I'll give you that. You backed Bush and then Obama...how can this be any worse?

Lets face it, Obama is going to get re-elected in 2012.

Really? Thanks for letting us know that. My crystal ball is in the shop right now getting fixed so I haven't been able to tell all of you exactly what is going to happen 20 months from now in an election where 65 million random people will go cast a random vote for president of the United States. Thanks for having my back.

if the repub candidate is one of the bunch currently being touted, i'll be doing exactly what i did in '08-leaving it blank.

you could drag a bottle of mad dog through the pine st inn and come up with somebody as fit to be president as that gaggle of asshats.

I'd vote for a turnip before I'd vote for a demonRat and that's a fact jack.

NO!!!!! Hell NO!!!! ****ing Hell NO!!!!

Not in 2012, 2016, 2040. There is no way and under no circumstance that I could EVER vote for Scott Brown for ANYTHING.

He is not a CONSERVATIVE. Hell, he isn't even really a REPUBLICAN. Not a chance. No way. I say this as someone who is currently "represented" by this spineless weasel.

NO!!!!! Hell NO!!!! ****ing Hell NO!!!!

Not in 2012, 2016, 2040. There is no way and under no circumstance that I could EVER vote for Scott Brown for ANYTHING.

He is not a CONSERVATIVE. Hell, he isn't even really a REPUBLICAN. Not a chance. No way. I say this as someone who is currently "represented" by this spineless weasel.

you wouldn't know a conservative if one bit you on the ass.

keep swinging, sammy.

My crystal ball says Mani was listening to 98.5 this morning.

Oh? Is that what they were talking about this morning? I got in my car at 6:40 this morning and neither supposed SPORTS radio station in Boston was talking about SPORTS so I turned them both off.

The morning shows on both of those stations need to figure out they're supposed to be talking about SPORTS, not news, weather, or politics. I've got much better radio sources for those topics. Especially the morning after the B's got squished by Montreal up North last night.

No. Senators are legislators and generally make Lousy Chief Executives.

I'd rather see a governor as a candidate.

Is that so? I know what a Conservative is del; and I don't see very many of them in this entire COUNTRY, nevermind in this wretched cesspool called Massachusetts. Scott Brown is AT BEST a Moderate and more than likely a Closet Liberal. He fooled a large number of voters in this Communistwealth with his smoke and mirrors. The fact that so many WERE fooled is part of why I'm trying to get the heck out of this area as quickly as I can.

My crystal ball says Mani was listening to 98.5 this morning.

Oh? Is that what they were talking about this morning? I got in my car at 6:40 this morning and neither supposed SPORTS radio station in Boston was talking about SPORTS so I turned them both off.

The morning shows on both of those stations need to figure out they're supposed to be talking about SPORTS, not news, weather, or politics. I've got much better radio sources for those topics. Especially the morning after the B's got squished by Montreal up North last night.

Yeah but look on the bright side, Chara almost killed one off em last night.

Is that so? I know what a Conservative is del; and I don't see very many of them in this entire COUNTRY, nevermind in this wretched cesspool called Massachusetts. Scott Brown is AT BEST a Moderate and more than likely a Closet Liberal. He fooled a large number of voters in this Communistwealth with his smoke and mirrors. The fact that so many WERE fooled is part of why I'm trying to get the heck out of this area as quickly as I can.

don't let the door hit you on the ass, skippy.

Fung Wah Bus

Almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and thermo-nuclear devices. Besides, they were down 4-0 by that time anyway. Any time Rask is in net, I assume they're gonna lose.

Trust me, the moment I have a job in PA, I'M GONE. Though you're probably gonna have two more people on the State Assistance rolls a couple months thereafter since my roommates aren't going to be able to pay their bills without my portion of the rent coming in.

Almost only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and thermo-nuclear devices. Besides, they were down 4-0 by that time anyway. Any time Rask is in net, I assume they're gonna lose.

Trust me, the moment I have a job in PA, I'M GONE. Though you're probably gonna have two more people on the State Assistance rolls a couple months thereafter since my roommates aren't going to be able to pay their bills without my portion of the rent coming in.

can't hack the big leagues, huh?

it happens. good luck!

Forum List

Back