Scott Brown commits political suicide?

Scott Brown Comes Out In Favor Of Federal Assault Weapons Ban

Meanwhile, how many Rs have expressed sympathy over the mass murder?

Most won't go against the NRA and the NRA really doesn't care.

He has never been a rubber stamped R and that is why I supported him. He is not embraced by the Rs imo and I am glad.

Your ridiculously partisan question directed at a huge swath of people, Republicans, is over the top stupid.

I am not with any political party, support the 2nd Amendment and I personally have been soul searching about the use and legality of assault weapons in this country. I have not come to any conclusions like Brown however because I know illegal assault weapons will always be a factor, laws be damned.

Describe assault weapon but dont use the way it looks. Please.

Which types? There are rifles, shotguns and pistols.

A semi automatic weapon with a detachable magazine.

So scott goees the way of Ahnuld?
They thought at first he was wonderful now he is just trash.
Ahh so many hopey changeys so little change :)

I think Scott Brown is being Scott Brown, the man he has always been.

yes byut the hopey changey right wingers saw that they wanted not the truth.
As per usual for them.

There are "wingers" on the left and the right if you mean more extreme or hardcore views that are much less than moderate. Brown has always been who he is and honestly some of his Republican critics portray the reason I dislike the GOP.

Isn't Brown about as conservative as the GOP can hope for in Massachusetts?

You'd think the hardcore absolutists would ease up on the throttle a bit, he's better for them than folks like Warren.

The majority in Mass. did not agree but I agree with you. More than that however I think Scott Brown is exactly the type of leader this country needs and I say that knowing I usually alienate both sides because I dislike party politics. Oh well. A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do. Vote and think honestly.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
He has never been a rubber stamped R and that is why I supported him. He is not embraced by the Rs imo and I am glad.

Your ridiculously partisan question directed at a huge swath of people, Republicans, is over the top stupid.

I am not with any political party, support the 2nd Amendment and I personally have been soul searching about the use and legality of assault weapons in this country. I have not come to any conclusions like Brown however because I know illegal assault weapons will always be a factor, laws be damned.

For shits and giggles just the firearms please. how is that different then a mag loaded 30/06?

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) will be departing the Senate at the end of the year, after Democrat Elizabeth Warren defeated him in his bid for reelection. But on Wednesday the moderate Republican stayed true to form, becoming the first senator in his party to announce support for a renewed federal assault weapons ban.

This is what you don't understand Luddly...

We want to solve this problem too.

We are as affected by this tragedy as anyone.

I imagine those parents looking at the Christmas presents hidden in the back of the closet that will never be opened, once a source of joy, now...the first reminder of a destroyed future and sorrow...and it brings me to the edge of tears.

But, I know guns...I can see the future...and what I see is Assault Weapon Bans, and large capacity magazine bans will not solve this problem.

And if you weren't so blinded, or frightened or conditioned...you would see it to.

I understand firearms. It takes .7 seconds to change a magazine. Pistol grips and flash suppressors are cosmetic, they have no bearing on function.

If we allow you to ban Semi-automatic rifles without a fight, when the next madman (or woman) does the same thing with a different weapon, then what?

Ban them too?

And after that?

Banning weapons is not the answer...everyone who takes the time to think it through understands that.

But the left is hung up on banning Semi-Automatic Rifles with detachable magazines and pistol grips...and they will exploit any tragedy in the hopes that they can play on emotion to get folks to forget logic.

So far 60% of the population prefers logic.

For shits and giggles just the firearms please. how is that different then a mag loaded 30/06?

Thanatos, do you think I have no right to search my conscience and mull over an issue lest I pass some freaking weapons "quiz" issued by some stranger online? What is your point?

Do you believe I am uninformed on what a semi-auto weapon is and that if "tested" and "scored" by you I might be enlightened by you? Please enlighten me what your point or objective is. I do not play internet games nor do I let anyone make me jump through some silly hoops because I choose to think outside the box. If you feel some need to educate me or others knock yourself out but don't play coy or behave like a pompous gun owner.

I am discussing this topic IRL and here and have drawn no conclusions as I stated in an earlier post. Does that trouble you that I am stepping out of some lockstep that exists to dare ponder things?

Last edited:

Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) will be departing the Senate at the end of the year, after Democrat Elizabeth Warren defeated him in his bid for reelection. But on Wednesday the moderate Republican stayed true to form, becoming the first senator in his party to announce support for a renewed federal assault weapons ban.

Hardly

Thanatos, do you think I have no right to search my conscience and mull over an issue lest I pass some freaking weapons "quiz" issued by some stranger online? What is your point?

Do you believe I am uninformed on what a semi-auto weapon is and that if "tested" and "scored" by you I might be enlightened by you? Please enlighten me what your point or objective is. I do not play internet games nor do I let anyone make me jump through some silly hoops because I choose to think outside the box. If you feel some need to educate me or others knock yourself out but don't play coy or behave like a pompous gun owner.

I am discussing this topic IRL and here and have drawn no conclusions as I stated in an earlier post. Does that trouble you that I am stepping out of some lockstep that exists to dare ponder things?

Yes I am telling you your are uninformed. How do I come to this conclusion? By the fact that you dont KNOW if it is a BAD thing to ban guns only cause they look mean. Thats what a assult weapon is. Something that just looks fucking mean. Should we ban kids that look mean? Or cars that look fast? Or Bikes that look bitch'n?

Yes I am telling you your are uninformed. How do I come to this conclusion? By the fact that you dont KNOW if it is a BAD thing to ban guns only cause they look mean. Thats what a assult weapon is. Something that just looks fucking mean. Should we ban kids that look mean? Or cars that look fast? Or Bikes that look bitch'n?

Maybe you should look at more of my posts before drawing conclusions about what I believe because I have argued the car as a weapon point several times. And I clearly stated I had not drawn a conclusion on the re-passing of a Fed ban on assault weapons. That is troubles you and that you assume I am not as "weapons smart" as you apparently because I choose to analyze an issue through education, learning and discussion is simply irrelevant to me. There are lots of " board peacocks" and know-it-all keyboard commandos here. I, with little shame, admit I am not one. I do not know all there is to know about all topics but dammit I am one who tries to learn and think and express myself honestly.

So feel free to use this thread as your platform to impress me/us with all you know and why I/we should never dare consider mulling over this topic.

Maybe you should look at more of my posts before drawing conclusions about what I believe because I have argued the car as a weapon point several times. And I clearly stated I had not drawn a conclusion on the re-passing of a Fed ban on assault weapons. That is troubles you and that you assume I am not as "weapons smart" as you apparently because I choose to analyze an issue through education, learning and discussion is simply irrelevant to me. There are lots of " board peacocks" and know-it-all keyboard commandos here. I, with little shame, admit I am not one. I do not know all there is to know about all topics but dammit I am one who tries to learn and think and express myself honestly.

So feel free to use this thread as your platform to impress me/us with all you know and why I/we should never dare consider mulling over this topic.

So you are not sure something should be banned cause of how it looks???? Again how is it that you think you are not uninformed? Fascism is fine as long that the thing they want to take looks dangerous?

So you are not sure something should be banned cause of how it looks???? Again how is it that you think you are not uninformed? Fascism is fine as long that the thing they want to take looks dangerous?

I have drawn no conclusions. That you seem to oppose me thinking about an issue is strange to me.

In fact I truly think bans do not work because illegally owned and bought guns will always exist.

NRA members know that if there was someone armed at the school the massacre would never have happened.

Like Ft. Hood?

I have drawn no conclusions. That you seem to oppose me thinking about an issue is strange to me.

In fact I truly think bans do not work because illegally owned and bought guns will always exist.
Thats the fucking problem cause you should have drawn a conclusion! Ether you want fascism or freedom! You choose!

Forum List

Back