Scott Brown Calls Out Obama Dems

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
In very short order, Senator Brown is effectively utilizing his political influence to rebuke Obama's intended nuclear option on Obamacare...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzUqVzlmHzk]YouTube - Scott Brown Reacts To Democrats Using Reconciliation To Pass Health Care[/ame]

I can't help thinking that all the DC morons will do is pass their laws, and revoke the oppositions. If the dems pass healthcare the GOP will win and undo it. None of their stupid laws last past the next regime.

I can't help thinking that all the DC morons will do is pass their laws, and revoke the oppositions. If the dems pass healthcare the GOP will win and undo it. None of their stupid laws last past the next regime.

Is not that simple. For one the President can veto any bill to remove the entitlement. And unless we have some unheard of change in congress even if the Republicans take both Houses back it wont be by enough to over ride a veto.

I've been hearing this crap for over a year now. Let's brake out the baseball bats and go to DC! Just kidding. Really. The point I am trying to make is this. Congress hasn't done anything for the public that has been worth a damn in over a year now. They spend and spend and spend until we are nearly broke and there is absolutely nothing to show for it. They can't even get together to either approve or disapprove this very bad Health Care Reform bill. They are all worthless - President included. This is the worst administration and worst Congress I have seen in my lifetime and it doesn't appear to be getting any better.

Just sounds like what all the republicans have been saying about this... and even a few choice democrats.

Sorry... I just expected a little bit more.

Wow! A rebuke you say?

ouch...

He's to nice of a guy for a "rebuke".

I like politicians like that.

Easy-going, polite, courteous.

Politicians like Clair McCaskill and McDonnell out in Virginia. They're just nice people.

I remember watching the townhall where the angry tea partiers showed up and heckled Clair McCaskill in Missouri and she talked to them like a kindergarten teacher.:lol:

Such a sweet lady. Agree with her or not, it's a damn shame she got hollared down like she did.

Wow! A rebuke you say?

ouch...

He's to nice of a guy for a "rebuke".

I like politicians like that.

Easy-going, polite, courteous.

Politicians like Clair McCaskill and McDonnell out in Virginia. They're just nice people.

I remember watching the townhall where the angry tea partiers showed up and heckled Clair McCaskill in Missouri and she talked to them like a kindergarten teacher.:lol:

Such a sweet lady. Agree with her or not, it's a damn shame she got hollared down like she did.

We have become much ruder as a country in just the last 10 years or so.

as a side note. Cell phones promote rudeness.

Brown comes out and calls for people to contact their Reps and Senators and tell them, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

That is a solid rebuke of Obama, the Obama Dems, and Obamacare - and given Brown's current and considerable political status - a powerful rebuke at that...

I've been hearing this crap for over a year now. Let's brake out the baseball bats and go to DC! Just kidding. Really. The point I am trying to make is this. Congress hasn't done anything for the public that has been worth a damn in over a year now. They spend and spend and spend until we are nearly broke and there is absolutely nothing to show for it. They can't even get together to either approve or disapprove this very bad Health Care Reform bill. They are all worthless - President included. This is the worst administration and worst Congress I have seen in my lifetime and it doesn't appear to be getting any better.

What do you mean nothing to show for it? Look at Iraq and Afghanistan. Two enormous Republican successes.

It doesnt matter the challenge or not ...
It would still get rammed down out throats (simple majority ... I thought the people spoke) because its about I and me.
Screw US

Is not that simple. For one the President can veto any bill to remove the entitlement. And unless we have some unheard of change in congress even if the Republicans take both Houses back it wont be by enough to over ride a veto.

Not really. They can just refuse to authorize funds for the program. And Obama won't be president forever. At least not at this point. Remember, the healthcare program doesn't actually kick in until 2012 even though taxes start right away.

A year!!! The government (in its entirety) has not done anything new and good for us in decades!

Brown comes out and calls for people to contact their Reps and Senators and tell them, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

That is a solid rebuke of Obama, the Obama Dems, and Obamacare - and given Brown's current and considerable political status - a powerful rebuke at that...

And includes the republicans as well.

A year!!! The government (in its entirety) has not done anything new and good for us in decades!

And why is the govt supposed to do anything for us?

Not really. They can just refuse to authorize funds for the program. And Obama won't be president forever. At least not at this point. Remember, the healthcare program doesn't actually kick in until 2012 even though taxes start right away.

My understanding is that the exchanges don't start for a number of years. Many of the provisions start in short order, 90 days or so if I remember correctly.

I don't see the system going anywhere but left once it's passed. What's the last government program you saw just go away when power changed hands? Plus people are already frustrated that this isn't done. The mood will change once it's passed, and republicans will not be able to handle the fallout if they try to kill the program, after we at long-last get it passed. Why do you think the republicans are making this goal-line stand to begin with?

Change it around, add/remove provisions if the benefits are not being realized as expected, yes. But kill the program, make it go away, go back to our current system, highly doubtful. Once it's here, its fo-eva.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back