Scott brown calls on elisabeth warren to reimburse taxpayers for welfare mailing

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
BOSTON - Today, U.S. Senator Scott Brown issued the following statement:

"It's been disturbing for a lot of people to learn that the state's welfare department undertook an unprecedented voter registration drive at the behest of Elizabeth Warren's daughter and the organization she represents. It is clear that this was done to aid Elizabeth Warren's Senate campaign. Professor Warren has more than $13 million dollars in her campaign account, and if she wants to mail every welfare recipient a voter registration form, she should do so at her own expense, not taxpayers'. She should immediately reimburse the state for the cost of this mailing and stop playing politics with the taxpayers' money."

Coincidentally, fix in - BostonHerald.com

In America, the wide-eyed and innocent believe in unicorns and the Tooth Fairy.

In Massachusetts, they believe in “coincidence.”

For 10 years a Lowell woman had been getting her welfare benefits at the local office without, she claims, being asked to register to vote. She never bothered to do anything about it until now. What a “coincidence.”

» Do you think the direct-mail voter registration outreach to welfare recipeints in Massachusetts is an example of dirty politics? Join in today’s Friday Throwdown at noon.

So a group headed, “coincidentally,” by Elizabeth Warren’s daughter Amelia files a lawsuit on this woman’s behalf. Now, Demos has filed other such lawsuits in other states and in other years. But the one they filed against Massachusetts just happens to be while Amelia’s mom is running for U.S. Senate.

Wow! What are the odds of that?

The “coincidences” don’t end there. Other states, like Pennsylvania and Nevada, have chosen to fight Demos and its ACORN-leftover allies in court. Those cases are still pending.

She's a disgrace. How can anyone in good-conscience vote for her? But it is the land of Ted Kennedy, so anything's possible i guess.

She's a disgrace. How can anyone in good-conscience vote for her? But it is the land of Ted Kennedy, so anything's possible i guess.

Excellent point. This voting population re-elected a man to the senate that killed a woman because he decided to drive when way to drunk...and we did so multiple times.

I guess lying about being a minority and abusing the office of welfare for political gain pales in comparison to a drunk driving homocide.

Is this the case where it's the law that the state has to offer to register people and when it was found out they were failing to do so, they agreed to send out registration information to all welfare recipients?

Unfortunately this is not the case here.

EDIT (read article's link): That is the case here actually...Elisabeth Warren's daughter led the lawsuit to get this to happen.

Last edited:
Is this the case where it's the law that the state has to offer to register people and when it was found out they were failing to do so, they agreed to send out registration information to all welfare recipients?

US Senator Scott Brown today criticized the state’s welfare department for sending voting registration forms to 478,000 people on public assistance, saying the mass mailing was a ploy to boost the ranks of Democratic voters and benefit rival Elizabeth Warren’s campaign.

The state’s Department of Transitional Assistance last month sent registration forms, along with prepaid return envelopes, as part of a settlement over a lawsuit accusing the Patrick administration of violating the federal “motor voter” law.

It requires states to provide voter registration at motor vehicle and public assistance offices.

Despite Scott Brown and Michael Graham's butthurt they are following a court settlement over the motor voter law.

The real problem is that Scott Brown and Michael Graham would prefer these people not vote.

US Senator Scott Brown today criticized the state’s welfare department for sending voting registration forms to 478,000 people on public assistance, saying the mass mailing was a ploy to boost the ranks of Democratic voters and benefit rival Elizabeth Warren’s campaign.

The state’s Department of Transitional Assistance last month sent registration forms, along with prepaid return envelopes, as part of a settlement over a lawsuit accusing the Patrick administration of violating the federal “motor voter” law.

It requires states to provide voter registration at motor vehicle and public assistance offices.

Despite Scott Brown and Michael Graham's butthurt they are following a court settlement over the motor voter law.

Ufortunately I was wrong :lol:

Who led that law suit though? Wow it was Warren's daughter, no coincidence?

Last edited:

So what?

MA wasn't following the law. Now they are.

I don't care if it was Elizabeth Warren herself who led the lawsuit.

The real problem is that Scott Brown and Michael Graham would prefer these people not vote.

And here I was taking you serious, c'mon now you know that is as much conspiracy bullshit as people who say Obama is a Kenyan national and not a US citizen.

I'm illustrating at how easily this can get turned around on Scott Brown.

Complaining about people getting registered to vote isn't exactly a wise position to take.

Fortunately for him I haven't seen anything out of the Warren camp that leads me to believe that they have the moxy to do it.

I agree the timing couldn't be more prefect. However I simply don't take issue with registering people to vote.

If they were supposed to ask everyone who went for a hunting permit to vote, and they failed to, so the state settled it by sending out flyers to everyone with a hunting permit. I would say, yeah the timing is golden but oh well.

Typically with Democraps you find family corruption behind the political machine.

Harry Reid and his sons are guilty of numerous Federal felonies if the FBI/DoJ would do their job.

So you're saying they would mostly vote Dem ?

:eusa_think:

Ray Flynn has been telling me on the old TV he's a Scott Brown Democrat and that he transcends party lines so for all I know they could all vote for Brown.

Michael Graham, however, seems to think they will vote Dem:
Or as they’re called around Warren’s campaign HQ, “likely Democratic voters.”

And the Brown campaign says:

Brown’s campaign said they were “clearly designed” to benefit Warren’s campaign.

So yeah, they would prefer it if these people didn't vote.

Forum List

Back