Scott Brown: Biggest Upset In Political History?...

the best part.... what is Brown going to do now? - my bet is fuck all.

You know what the best part is for me?

He hasn't even arrived in DC yet and Obama has already caved on the 'healthcare' bill. Fuck all? He's already achieved more than most in DC have and he hasn't even got there yet.

Gas up the truck!

Ted kennedy must be rolling over in his grave, knowing how this arrogant bitch royally screwed the healthcare bill and his senate seat by her aristocratic behavior (improving US healthcare was something Ted has fought much for during his political life).

Last edited:
The irony is Scott Brown is not a conservative republican as they define themselves today. Brown is a throwback to a more sensible moderate republican of the past. I do find his dislike of federal healthcare annoying as isn't that what they are doing in Mass? So why deprive states that can't afford same. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Scott Brown Poll Surprise - Conservative Denial in Scott Brown Mass Senate Race - Esquire

"...[H]ere's the evidence, right on Brown's campaign website: "I believe that all Americans deserve health care coverage.... In Massachusetts, I support the 2006 health care law that was successful in expanding coverage...."

The law he's referring to is a government health care program that forces people to buy insurance, exactly like Obamacare. The idea is to achieve universal coverage, exactly like Obamacare. Those who can't afford it get subsidized by taxpayers, exactly like Obamacare. And four years after it was passed, 98 percent of Massachusetts has signed up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this big government?"

The irony is Scott Brown is not a conservative republican as they define themselves today. Brown is a throwback to a more sensible moderate republican of the past. I do find his dislike of federal healthcare annoying as isn't that what they are doing in Mass? So why deprive states that can't afford same. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Scott Brown Poll Surprise - Conservative Denial in Scott Brown Mass Senate Race - Esquire

"...[H]ere's the evidence, right on Brown's campaign website: "I believe that all Americans deserve health care coverage.... In Massachusetts, I support the 2006 health care law that was successful in expanding coverage...."

The law he's referring to is a government health care program that forces people to buy insurance, exactly like Obamacare. The idea is to achieve universal coverage, exactly like Obamacare. Those who can't afford it get subsidized by taxpayers, exactly like Obamacare. And four years after it was passed, 98 percent of Massachusetts has signed up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this big government?"

and if you don't sign up, you're penalized, just like obamacare.

He ran as a STAUNCH conservative. Moderate? What does that mean?

You libs have to get over this faulty notion that we conservatives are all a bunch of bible thumping freaks.

You libs have to get over this faulty notion that we conservatives are all a bunch of bible thumping freaks.

Come on, you guys just elected a "nude centerfold". We don't think you are JUST Bible thumping freaks. We think you are also "sex addicts".

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

The States can do that. They aren't limited to the 17 enumerated powers placed upon Congress by the U.S. Constitution.

The political upset reflects directly on Obama. He STILL hasn't figured out that Democrats didn't put him in the Oval Office: Independents did. It was the non-registered, non-affiliated voters who spelled the difference between Obama and McCain. Nothing reflects that more than Massachusetts. I used to think it was a Democrat state because I heard how registered Democrats outnumbered registered Republicans 3:1. Gives you the impression that Massachusetts makes Wisconsin look like a bunch of right wing survivalists. However, a significant majority, nearly 50%, of eligible voters in Massachusetts aren't affiliated with either party. Calling them Independents isn't even accurate. Point is that this IS the political base Obama needs to keep inside his camp.

Instead, he's done everything to piss them off, alienate them, even portray them as insignificant. The tea parties was not a Republican thing. There simply aren't enough registered Republicans to stage such an event. It was an Independents thing. These were the old people who complained about the direction the government was going with Obamacare, yet the White House and media portrayed them as disgruntled right wing fanatics.

Talk about backlash.

The trend began with New Jersey and now continues in Massachusetts. This is the crack in Obama's wall, and I'm willing to bet that his minions are going to describe this as a non-event. The president has no coat tails. The White House simply assumed Coakley was going to win, such is their arrogance. They didn't bother boosting her campaign until it was too late. And Coakley also helped her own defeat by running an attack campaign and downplaying the healthcare debate.

The telling event will be if Brown is indeed the 41st vote. Obama has put so much energy and effort into Obamacare that when it does not pass, he will have lost whatever is left of his political credibility.

In other circles, we call this fucking up a wet dream.

Thou has surely said a mouthfull my friend and I totally agree.

He ran as a STAUNCH conservative. Moderate? What does that mean?

He's a pro-choice John McCain. What does that mean?

I still like Obama. I probably would have voted for Sam Brown if I lived in Mass.

Spin that.

When you take vacations while your opponent is shaking hands in 5 degree weather... you loose. And you deserve to.

Not saying that "anti-Obama sentiment" doesn't exist. It does. But it's less of a factor in Mass then it will be elsewhere.

To Sam Brown supporters... congradulations.

"...and in other news tonight, police were called to a polling place in South Boston over a disturbance caused by a Maryland man who had stormed into the building demanding to cast a write-in vote for Sam Brown..."

Come on, you guys just elected a "nude centerfold". We don't think you are JUST Bible thumping freaks. We think you are also "sex addicts".

Well, there's that. Hell, Desperate Housewives didn't get a prime time spot for nothing. Meanwhile, it must kinda suck to be Joe Lieberman this week. His little center of power just went "poof!"

Well, there's that. Hell, Desperate Housewives didn't get a prime time spot for nothing. Meanwhile, it must kinda suck to be Joe Lieberman this week. His little center of power just went "poof!"
and the people(like you) that believe that are fucking IDIOTS

In my humble opinion this is the biggest upset in political history. A Conservative Republican winning the oldest & most Liberal Democrat seat in Congress is both shocking and historical.

super-minority.jpg

a very extraordinary turn of events indeed.....

Forum List

Back