Scott Brown: Biggest Upset In Political History?...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
A Conservative Republican winning the most Liberal Democrat seat in Congress? I certainly never thought i would see that in my lifetime. In my opinion Scott Brown's victory is the biggest upset in political history. I would be interested in hearing what others think.

Libnow-- when people started to say that this was the most important election in the "last 50 years", well... it's like... watch Rachel and her familars try to "lance the boil" as one of them just said now-- this was at 11:28pm EST-- it's still ALL about the bad campaign that Marcia, oppps, sorry, Martha Coakley ran, yes?-- don't buy any of it-- it is all about President Obama and the Dem Congress and what they are trying to pull over on the American people-- Regards, probus

I don't know. The Truman thing was about faulty polling.

I heard today that there was a single reporter covering Brown when he announced his campaign. There was an anti-Obama strain in the MA electorate that Brown managed to find in time to tap. The WH missed it.

Yea i hear ya Probus. They're busy spinning that it was all about Coakley's incompetence but of course it was much more than that. Scott Brown is a very skilled politician and could be a great leader for the Republican Party. I'm sure the Liberals will now begin their hateful smear campaigns against him and his family. They will basically try to 'Palin' him. They really were shameful the way they attacked Palin's children. Scott Brown will have to get used the same kind of sad personal smears. I think he can handle it though. He hasn't backed down to the Liberals yet and i don't expect him to in the future either. I don't think those tactics are going to work for the Democrats this time around. Blame BOOOOOOOSH and personal smears are all they have left at this point and i think more & more people are catching on to that. This really could be a fantastic year for Freedom & Liberty.

Last edited:
This the #1 upset in Political history?

Holy shit, some of you are hitting the fucking bong to the extreme tonight. The guy beat a woman who couldn't campaign her way out of a paperbag, let's get that straight.

Ted Kennedy's seat now belongs to a Conservative Republican? Say Whaaa?? Did that really happen? I'm still having trouble believing it. WOW!

This the #1 upset in Political history?

Holy shit, some of you are hitting the fucking bong to the extreme tonight. The guy beat a woman who couldn't campaign her way out of a paperbag, let's get that straight.

:clap2: Good explanation I'm sure we will all hear that and more over the next few weeks but the truth is the majority in this nation wants NOTHING to do with what Obama wants and that's it.

Yea i kept hearing from the gloating Liberals that Republicans and Conservatism were dead. Well I think they could be wrong. I guess we'll see in the coming elections in 2010.

Last edited:
I still like Obama. I probably would have voted for Sam Brown if I lived in Mass.

Spin that.

When you take vacations while your opponent is shaking hands in 5 degree weather... you loose. And you deserve to.

Not saying that "anti-Obama sentiment" doesn't exist. It does. But it's less of a factor in Mass then it will be elsewhere.

To Sam Brown supporters... congradulations.

This was extremely huge. I would never had bet that an R would have landed in "Teddy's seat" so soon. The people spoke. It's the people seat and we saw that tonight. This was about an 8 or 9 on the Richter scale.

I still like Obama. I probably would have voted for Sam Brown if I lived in Mass.

Spin that.

When you take vacations while your opponent is shaking hands in 5 degree weather... you loose. And you deserve to.

Not saying that "anti-Obama sentiment" doesn't exist. It does. But it's less of a factor in Mass then it will be elsewhere.

um, Scott Brown

Libnow-- when people started to say that this was the most important election in the "last 50 years", well... it's like... watch Rachel and her familars try to "lance the boil" as one of them just said now-- this was at 11:28pm EST-- it's still ALL about the bad campaign that Marcia, oppps, sorry, Martha Coakley ran, yes?-- don't buy any of it-- it is all about President Obama and the Dem Congress and what they are trying to pull over on the American people-- Regards, probus

Nonsense. Anyone who denies Coakley ran a bad campaign is insane.

Spin that.

um, Scott Brown

:lol:Srry. I need sleep, seriously. Forgive me. Anyway congrats to SCOTT BROWN supporters. It was a great campaign... good guy even though I forgot his name.

Forum List

Back