Scots 'drink 46 bottles of vodka'

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
BBC News - Scots 'drink 46 bottles of vodka'

Adults in Scotland are drinking the equivalent of 46 bottles of vodka each in a year, a study has suggested.

The research was based on industry sales data analysed by NHS Health Scotland.

It said sales for the year to September 2009 averaged 12.2 litres of pure alcohol per person over the age of 18.

The Scottish government said the figure, which had remained static since 2005, was the equivalent of 537 pints or 130 bottles of wine per person.
The new figures come as the Scottish government pushes for a minimum price for alcohol to tackle the country's drink-related problems

People in Scotland drank 25% more alcohol per head of population than individuals in England and Wales, the figures suggested.

Damn. I think the only ones who can compare are the Russians.

if haggis was my nations food of choice i'd be downing a bottle of vodka a day too! :booze:

$600107-oh_you_super.jpg

46 bottles of vodka? They are pansies! I used to live off of cheap 100 proof vodka, I would buy it before food every time. :D
Of course my liver is probably very healthy now.

46 bottles of vodka? They are pansies! I used to live off of cheap 100 proof vodka, i would buy it before food every time. :d
of course my liver is probably very healthy now.

$Low_197998d47710487.jpg

46 bottles of vodka? They are pansies! I used to live off of cheap 100 proof vodka, I would buy it before food every time. :D
Of course my liver is probably very healthy now.

You better watch out, someone might come on here and say you're an alcoholic!

The Scottish government has bigger problems than trying to solve any supposed drinking problems of the Scottish people. They need to let the market handle the price of alcohol and worry about their referendum on independence from the UK.

The Scottish government has bigger problems than trying to solve any supposed drinking problems of the Scottish people. They need to let the market handle the price of alcohol and worry about their referendum on independence from the UK.

The referendum wouldn't be a problem if the English were allowed to vote too. We could guarantee Scotland Independence then. Unfortunately, without our help, they're unlikely to get a yes vote. With the subsidies the English provide, too many Scots know which side their bread is buttered.

The referendum wouldn't be a problem if the English were allowed to vote too. We could guarantee Scotland Independence then. Unfortunately, without our help, they're unlikely to get a yes vote. With the subsidies the English provide, too many Scots know which side their bread is buttered.

Well I simply meant that they need to focus on that, whether it ultimately results in independence or not. Independence is really the SNP's bread and butter, and I think they've probably let down a lot of their supporters in that respect. I'm not sure that the English should have a vote on Scottish independence. If they want to stop the subsidies and whatnot to Scotland then perhaps the English should have their own independence referendum for themselves.

BBC News - Scots 'drink 46 bottles of vodka'

Adults in Scotland are drinking the equivalent of 46 bottles of vodka each in a year, a study has suggested.

The research was based on industry sales data analysed by NHS Health Scotland.

It said sales for the year to September 2009 averaged 12.2 litres of pure alcohol per person over the age of 18.

The Scottish government said the figure, which had remained static since 2005, was the equivalent of 537 pints or 130 bottles of wine per person.
The new figures come as the Scottish government pushes for a minimum price for alcohol to tackle the country's drink-related problems

People in Scotland drank 25% more alcohol per head of population than individuals in England and Wales, the figures suggested.

Damn. I think the only ones who can compare are the Russians.

Holy Crap!! I bet they have to have a firetruck standing by during blood transfusions and wear a "Flammable No Smoking Within 50 feet" sign on their backs.

Forum List

Back