Scotland Sucks

I haven't followed the pros and cons but I heard that it would have been seriously bad for their economy and the youth vote were the main ones against, since it would have hurt the job market.

The separatists thought it would be a good idea to give 16 year olds the right to vote.

I haven't followed the pros and cons but I heard that it would have been seriously bad for their economy and the youth vote were the main ones against, since it would have hurt the job market.

This my take in the whole issue as well. I am pretty sure that Parliament wouldn't allow them to use the Pound as currency as well. Several major companies and banks also threatened to move their headquarters out of Scotland if they left the UK. Scotland does deserve to have more of say in matters of government and Parliament seems to agree. At least this was done in a peaceful matter. Ballots over bullets.

There was only one side who thought letting fucking stupid 16 year old dopers vote was a great idea. That side fucking lost. B/c they are fucking losers.
What do dumb fuck sixteen year old want? INDEPENDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now move along back to where you live in your parent's garden sheds.

There was only one side who thought letting fucking stupid 16 year old dopers vote was a great idea. That side fucking lost. B/c they are fucking losers.
What do dumb fuck sixteen year old want? INDEPENDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now move along back to where you live in your parent's garden sheds.

How silly that the future generations should and want to have a say in matters of the state. We should be encouraging younger folks to take an active interest in politics and matters of the state.

How silly that the future generations should and want to have a say in matters of the state. We should be encouraging younger folks to take an active interest in politics and matters of the state.
Interest yes. Directing the lives of the rest of the population when they don't know much more than how to receive titty milk isn't good for the country.

Besides, 16 year olds can sign up join the military in the UK but they should not be allowed to vote!? You can die for your country but it's outrageous that they should have a say in matters of the state? Not hardly.

Interest yes. Directing the lives of the rest of the population when they don't know much more than how to receive titty milk isn't good for the country.

They can die for their nation but not vote on matters of the state. Sounds pretty silly. If you old an enough to join the military then you should be old enough to vote.

They can die for their nation but not vote on matters of the state. Sounds pretty silly. If you old an enough to join the military then you should be old enough to vote.
16 is too young to vote and too young to join the military, if what you say is true.

The millennials will soon be running things ant the older TPM are going to freak when no one listens to them.

They can die for their nation but not vote on matters of the state. Sounds pretty silly. If you
It still is a good idea, if they can have sex at that age then surely they can vote. And realistically most wouldn't vote at that age that weren't politically aware.
Fucking and voting is the same to you? Good God.[/QUOTE]

It sort of is. When you cast your vote you tend to vote for the candidate that will bone you the least. ;)

From their website:

"If you're not old enough to join yet, there are loads of ways to get involved,Camouflage tells you about the jobs we do and the kit we use. Become an Army Cadet
If you're between 12 and 18 you can enjoy sports, expeditions, outdoor adventure and loads of Army-themed activities as a member of the Army Cadet Force. You can learn survival skills and weapons handling, work towards a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and even get some extra qualifications. There are 1700 detachments throughout the country so there’s bound to be one near you."

From their website:

"If you're not old enough to join yet, there are loads of ways to get involved,Camouflage tells you about the jobs we do and the kit we use. Become an Army Cadet
If you're between 12 and 18 you can enjoy sports, expeditions, outdoor adventure and loads of Army-themed activities as a member of the Army Cadet Force. You can learn survival skills and weapons handling, work towards a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and even get some extra qualifications. There are 1700 detachments throughout the country so there’s bound to be one near you."

A scroll slightly further down and you'll find:
How old do I need to be to join the Regular Army?

"To join as a regular soldier you need to be at least 16 years old, although you can start the application process earlier, with your parents' permission. If you're under 18, you'll also need parental consent to join. You should be in Army phase 1 training before your 33rd birthday."

Forum List

Back