Scotland gets ready for independence a second time

The English have brought uncertainty for the future economy for voting in a referendum to leave the European Union. The pound sterling has plummeted to an all-time low at 92 pence for a euro. (This time last year a euro would get you 72 pence.) Access to a massive single market of 27 EU countries is looking impossible and programs for collaboration among scholars involved in research is ending. London as a center of banking and financial services is under threat too. Scotland which voted by a small margin to remain with England before all this so-called Brexit mess may get another chance if the terms of Brexit are not favorable to the Scottish.
Nicola Sturgeon challenges May with second referendum bill
The Scottish flag (the saltire) can fly over a proud and free nation once again.

England truly stepped in it....I wager this time Scotland will vote FOR Independence.

The English have brought uncertainty for the future economy for voting in a referendum to leave the European Union. The pound sterling has plummeted to an all-time low at 92 pence for a euro. (This time last year a euro would get you 72 pence.) Access to a massive single market of 27 EU countries is looking impossible and programs for collaboration among scholars involved in research is ending. London as a center of banking and financial services is under threat too. Scotland which voted by a small margin to remain with England before all this so-called Brexit mess may get another chance if the terms of Brexit are not favorable to the Scottish.
The Scottish flag (the saltire) can fly over a proud and free nation once again.

England truly stepped in it....I wager this time Scotland will vote FOR Independence.

Without question; the Scottish do not want to be dragged out of the European against their will.

I think they lose their chance to become an independent country.
I don't think the British government wants another referendum :)
They didnt want the first one. There isnt a great record of big and powerful countries denying people their democratic rights.

So the Sots voted democratically to stay in the Union how is that denying them their democratic rights rights ?
The British voted democratically to exit the EU how is that denying them their democratic rights

Your problem is you are too small in numbers to win a democratic vote so want to use every dirty trick in the book to overturn democratic votes until you get your way. Every person had the votes on an equal footing and you looney lefties lost and so you want a do over until you get the result you want, that is not democracy that is sheer stupidity

Only if they can get an act of parliament to go ahead, without that the vote is meaningless and unlawful

Without question; the Scottish do not want to be dragged out of the European against their will.

They will soon be moaning about the faceless unelected eurocrats in Brussels telling them what their laws are and how much they will pay in taxes. The Scots dont produce anything that the EU is in short supply of, so wont get any subsidies. They will sink without trace in a very short time and no doubt blame the English for not stopping them

They will soon be moaning about the faceless unelected eurocrats in Brussels telling them what their laws are and how much they will pay in taxes. The Scots dont produce anything that the EU is in short supply of, so wont get any subsidies. They will sink without trace in a very short time and no doubt blame the English for not stopping them

They will thrive by inviting all the companies that want to get out of England post brexit.

They will thrive by inviting all the companies that want to get out of England post brexit.

You mean all the greedy scum like Unilever that hiked prices by 10% and tried to blame brexit for the rise. They will demand grants to relocate, then grants to buy new machinery and finally grants to build the factories that will have to be paid for out of taxes. Then when the companies remove the machinery and transfer it to their factories in Eastern Europe no doubt the English will get the blame.

But haven't you been keeping up to date with the news, 5 EU nations have stated they will veto Scotland becoming a member

I think things work differently in UK than they do in China. Well, at least I hope so :)

Correct, we have laws and treaties that protect our interests. In this case if Scotland decide to go it alone unilaterally it will finf itself with a massive bill from the international court who will judge solely on the terms of the Union.

I think things work differently in UK than they do in China. Well, at least I hope so :)
Some English people wanted to keep China British.

British_Hong_Kong_zpsff9ea539.png

May has alrdy shut the door on this...just as there will be no Brexit revote....there will be no Scottish revote........

"Polls were open from last Friday, October 21 until Tuesday, October 28, bringing more than 20,000 views across both websites.

The results showed that 82 per cent of those who voted would welcome Indy Ref 2, with 18 per cent saying no.

The Scottish Government claims its draft bill – announced last week – has been prepared to protect Scotland’s interests in light of the UK vote to leave the EU, despite the overwhelming vote across Scotland to remain.

By having the bill available, the government says it will allow all options for the Scottish Parliament to protect Scotland’s continuing relationship with Europe."

Indy Ref 2? Yes, say 82 per cent of Borderers in our online poll

I don't see how Scotland could succeed as an independent nation without drastically scaling back its welfare state.

I don't see how Scotland could succeed as an independent nation without drastically scaling back its welfare state.
Why so?
Do not misjudge the capability of the Scots.

There unemployment numbers would reach 50% of the population within 1 month as most Scots are employed by English firms. The vast majority to do with nuclear power which Scotland has demanded be removed completely. Then there are the sub pens that will be shut down with the loss of 40,000 jobs. Like the oil fiasco the SNP has not looked at the realities of going it alone, and are banking on the EU bailing them out all the time. They dont realise that this money will have to be paid back or they face being taken over.

Do not misjudge the incapabilities of the scots when it comes to adding 1 and 1 together and then wondering why it doest come out as 1 million

Forum List

Back