Score one for Fathers/Men

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
BUT... on the other spectrum... when I got divorced years ago, my ex husband filed for spousal support when I was making $12,000 a year and won. I was the "sole breadwinner" (he failed to mention his pension check he received for close to $100,000) so I was ordered to pay him $100 a month. His defense: he was an alcoholic who suffered from an anxiety disorder and was unable to work so he needed me to support him.

The whole thing is BS. Unfortunately, I dont foresee any reasonable way to fix the system.

Haha, that's unreal. Sounds a lot like my ex. He thinks I stashed money away while we were together (I have no ideas where he came up with that!). When we split up for good, his brother adivsed him on ways to get out of paying childsupport. He still thinks I have lots of money somewhere because I'm able to save it, and do useful things with it like go to school and buy food. :rolleyes: I seriously don't think he understands that he has expensive habbits, and I don't....LOSER.

In the end, I prefer as little contact with him as possible. He usually doesn't follow through on anything anyway.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Anyways, we have a relationship today and she has a child so I guess I am a very young GP. As much as we try, we haven't been able to get that close but time will take care of that I am sure.

I'm glad for you, and her. For her, I think knowing who you are, and that you are there if she needs you must be very comforting.

Originally posted by Said1
I'm glad for you, and her. For her, I think knowing who you are, and that you are there if she needs you must be very comforting.

Thanks.

Woah wait a minute. you telling me, people can be paid for being a drunk? That is messed up on so many levels. "Im a drunk i need someone else to support me waaah"

Most definitely Avatar. That was his defense. Actually, it wasnt all that long ago that they stopped sending Social Security Disability to Alcoholics. But because Alcoholism is a "disease" the courts recognize it as a legitimate defense. Sickening, eh?

Forum List

Back