Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Scorched earth: U.S. wildfires near record level

Scorched earth U.S. wildfires near record level
Doyle Rice, USA TODAY 10:40 a.m. EDT July 24, 2015
635732647331276583-AP-California-Wildfire.jpg

(Photo: David Pardo, AP)
Wildfires have burned a phenomenal 5.5 million acres across the U.S. so far this year, an area equal to the size of New Jersey.

This is the second-highest total in at least the past 25 years, according to data from the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise. Only 2011, which saw 5.8 million acres charred as of July 23 of that year, had more. On average, at this point in the year, 3.5 million acres would have burned.

As of Thursday afternoon, 18 wildfires were burning in seven states, mostly in the West. This includes one in California's wine country that has forced numerous evacuations and is being fought by hundreds of firefighters, CALFIRE, the state's firefighting agency, reported. Another one is charring Glacier National Park in Montana.

Climate change isn't real, hahaha!!!!

Wildfires have burned a phenomenal 5.5 million acres across the U.S. so far this year, an area equal to the size of New Jersey.

This is the second-highest total in at least the past 25 years, according to data from the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise. Only 2011, which saw 5.8 million acres charred as of July 23 of that year, had more. On average, at this point in the year, 3.5 million acres would have burned.

As of Thursday afternoon, 18 wildfires were burning in seven states, mostly in the West. This includes one in California's wine country that has forced numerous evacuations and is being fought by hundreds of firefighters, CALFIRE, the state's firefighting agency, reported. Another one is charring Glacier National Park in Montana.

My uncle is a supervisor for the wild-land fire control center for the Western US. This is bull shit. This year is nowhere near unprecedented. I will believe him over the alarmist hype. And your attribution of it to climate change is laughable.. This is a known cyclical weather pattern. Its happened millions of times over the centuries.

You anti-science fools are attributing natural variation like the current El Nino and now these fire conditions, which occur every year and are cyclical in severity to man. How dishonest can you people get?

Last edited:

I thought the oceans were absorbing 90% of the warming? Can't you pick a story and stick with it?

Want to see Matthew shut the fuck up? Watch this.

Matty, how much must we lower CO2 to stop forest fires? What does all the money we wasted in Climate research tell us about that?

• Banned

I thought the oceans were absorbing 90% of the warming? Can't you pick a story and stick with it?

Matty, how much must we lower CO2 to stop forest fires? What does all the money we wasted in Climate research tell us about that?

Even during the ice age 25,000 years ago when the co2 was a lot lower then today there were still wild fires. ;) The warming just makes some "areas" more perfect for massive fires as these areas have negative anomalies in rainfall/snowfall that dry up the grass, plants and trees ontop of massive heat waves. This does increase the likelihood of forest fires on the scale we're seeing.

The oceans have always absorbed 90% of the incoming energy from our sun. The ocean releases a percentage of this back into the atmosphere from being close to each other...More so in a el nino year as we're in.

Problem is that a lot of wasted energy, which is escapes into the sky. How could utilize the losses?
Sorry, i have bad English, but I hope you understand what I mean.
The fire is doing great thermal energy useless, in addition wood is raw material going for useless, and leave it behind just the dirt is. The more fortunate cases, if people cut down the trees and use the wood for their own purposes.

Problem is that a lot of wasted energy, which is escapes into the sky. How could utilize the losses?
The fire is doing great thermal energy useless, in addition wood is raw material going for useless, and leave it behind just the dirt is. The more fortunate cases, if people cut down the trees and use the wood for their own purposes.

I know you are trying very hard to get your thoughts across and I commend you for it.

Wildfires are actually good for the environment!

They clear out underbrush that takes up otherwise needed rainfall. They kill weak and diseased trees, leaving healthy one to get a fresh restart. The ashes contain many nutrients that return to the earth where they provide for new growth.\

As for animals, the sick and weak perish while the healthy easily escape.

The only ones harmed are the ignorant humans who build in areas that should be left wild.

Crown fires are not beneficial. Totally differant effects from the two types of fires. And totally differant problems dealing with the two types. I know, I have been on the fire line with both. A ground fire is just keeping the perimeter up, and preventing buildings and other assets from being destroyed. A crown fire, being on the line is a life threatening situation that can turn deadly in seconds.

alarmist bomb throwing is ghey...............

Like drought, wildfires have been going on all over the globe since the beginning of time.

Every natural event is a disaster for the climate crusading alarmists.:2up:

Lets not forget.........the MO for the alarmists is to sit around and wait for ANY kind of weather anomaly to occur and immediately link it to climate change. These bozo's are now routinely linking earthquakes and tsunami's to climate change.

If it can be made hysterical.........the climate k00ks will make it hysterical.:spinner::spinner::spinner:

I know you are trying very hard to get your thoughts across and I commend you for it.

They clear out underbrush that takes up otherwise needed rainfall. They kill weak and diseased trees, leaving healthy one to get a fresh restart. The ashes contain many nutrients that return to the earth where they provide for new growth.\

The only ones harmed are the ignorant humans who build in areas that should be left wild.

True, but in this case is devastating forest fire for everything, not a wildfire.

Blaming global warming for forest fires is like blaming the Moon for a blackout
Blaming global warming for forest fires is OR blaming forest fires for global warming is, like the old question of which came first, the egg or the chick?

Blamed for it hot and toxic gases the volcano is too.

Weather starting to give firefighters a break...
fingerscrossed.gif

Firefighters start to get deadly California blaze under control
Sun Jun 26, 2016 - Firefighters have begun to contain a wildfire in central California that has killed at least two people and destroyed 200 structures, fire officials said on Sunday, as six other blazes burned in the state in an already intense wildfire season.
The fire known as Erskine, about 110 miles (180 km) north of Los Angeles, smoldered over a wide area on Sunday after melting steel and reducing homes to ash when it was an intense conflagration on Thursday and Friday. The Erskine fire is 10 percent contained after ripping through 36,810 acres - or nearly 60 square miles - the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire), said on Sunday. California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency for Kern County due to the fire damage. In addition to the 200 destroyed structures, 75 homes have been damaged. "Two fatalities have been confirmed. Additional fatalities are possible due to the extreme fire behavior during the initial hours of the incident," the Kern County Fire Department said in a statement on Sunday morning. Investigators were studying a third set of charred remains to determine whether they were human, officials said.

r

Visalia firefighters extinguish hot spots at a residence leveled by the Erskine Fire in South Lake, California​

More than 1,700 firefighters were working on the fire at the southern end of the Sierra Nevada range. Hundreds of people from more than 10 communities were evacuated as Erskine spread rapidly on Thursday and Friday as winds drove it south and east from the Lake Isabella reservoir. "I got out just as the flames were at my back fence," said Terralyn Lehman, who is staying at a campground with her mother and her dog after their home in South Lake was destroyed. She and her mother were awoken by the sound of a propane tank exploding. Lehman said her mother told her "'grab your dog and go.' So I did."

r

A firetruck drives through a neighborhood decimated by the Erskine Fire in South Lake, California​

Crews worked in steep, rugged terrain, fighting flames fueled by hot, rainless weather and brush, grass and chaparral left bone dry by a five-year drought. Helicopters and air tankers were also in action. By Sunday morning, firefighters were optimistic they had brought some of the eastern edges of the fire under control. "It's looking really good," Joe Reyes, operations section chief for the team fighting the fire, told reporters at a briefing. Fire officials told people at a community meeting that was transmitted over the internet on Saturday that they hoped to let people back to fire-hit areas on Sunday.

Firefighters start to get deadly California blaze under control

See also:

California wildfire death toll might rise
Mon, Jun 27, 2016 - ‘TIME TO LEAVE’ :A 45-year-old former US Marine said he has nothing to return to, adding that he lost mementos from a former marriage and years in the military
Lighter winds are helping firefighters make gains on a voracious and deadly wildfire in central California that has burned 150 homes and claimed two lives.

The toll might rise.

Firefighters might have found human remains on Saturday when they began going through neighborhoods to count houses and mobile homes incinerated by the blaze. In an unrecognizable mobile home, they found what appears to be a set of human remains, but because they were so badly burned, forensic investigators would have to determine whether they belonged to a person or animal, Kern County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Ray Pruitt said. The tally of burned homes rose from 80. Entire blocks were reduced to rubble and at least 2,500 homes remained threatened.

P07-160627-307r.jpg

Wildfires leave mobile homes devastated in South Lake, California​

The winds that drove the fire through small southern Sierra Nevada communities eased by late afternoon, helping firefighters contain 10 percent of the blaze. “Our crews are feeling pretty good,” said Joe Reyes, an operations chief for the fire. “If the winds does not act up drastically, we are hoping to make headway in the next 24 hours.” About 1,700 firefighters battled the flames. California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency, freeing up money and resources to fight the fire and to clean up in the aftermath. The Federal Emergency Management Agency also authorized the use of funds for firefighting efforts, fire officials said.

Since it began on Thursday last week, the fire has swept through 14,896 hectares of parched brush and timber. It moved so quickly that some residents barely had time to escape — and two did not. An elderly couple were apparently overcome by smoke as they tried to flee, county Sheriff Donny Youngblood said. Their bodies were found on Friday, but their names have not been released. Allen Montgomery, 40, who lives across the street from the couple, said he did not know their names, but understood that the woman was bedridden. He said their house vanished in the smoke when he fled his home on Thursday. “There was so much smoke, you could barely see it,” Montgomery said. He said he saw the man’s body about 6m from the house when he came back on Friday.

MORE

Massive wildfires like we saw in Oregon and Washington are not good for the environment at all. They destroy the environment. Soil erosion is much higher afterwards, and it takes a generation or better for the forest to begin to regrow to what it once was. Understory burning is good, crown fires are not, especially in evergreen forests.

Here is what is making our present wildfires so dangerous. First, winter starts later, and ends sooner. So there is a longer period in which there is no snow on the ground, and the forest is dry. This has changed the timing of the moth and bug hatches, and they occur earlier, when the birds have not yet come back. So we have forests with many more bug killed trees. And many more trees already stressed from the damage by insects, so that additional heat stress kills them. We are seeing this in all the forests in the west, except those in the coastal mountains.

So, we get abnormally dry and hot weather, with a lot of bug killed and damaged trees, and what should be a ground fire, ends up a crown fire. Plus, we had abnormal winds in Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington last year, which created firestorms that endangered several towns, and only heroic efforts on the parts of the firefighters saved them.

Mother Gaia has finally gotten around to fixing the damage done to the natural order by those who extinguished every little fire, preventing little seeds from growing. We had a choice to keep the woodlands clean (clear underbrush, controlled burns) but we didn't.
So now it's being cleansed by fire. Be thankful Old Momma G didn't also decide to do a little species cleansing while she has the broom out.

Last edited:
Here is what is making our present wildfires so dangerous. First, winter starts later, and ends sooner. So there is a longer period in which there is no snow on the ground, and the forest is dry. This has changed the timing of the moth and bug hatches, and they occur earlier, when the birds have not yet come back. So we have forests with many more bug killed trees. And many more trees already stressed from the damage by insects, so that additional heat stress kills them. We are seeing this in all the forests in the west, except those in the coastal mountains.

So, we get abnormally dry and hot weather, with a lot of bug killed and damaged trees, and what should be a ground fire, ends up a crown fire. Plus, we had abnormal winds in Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington last year, which created firestorms that endangered several towns, and only heroic efforts on the parts of the firefighters saved them.
Too Funny;

All the damage caused by putting out fires and not letting the natural process kill the insects and letting the fuels build up on the floor was man trying to be smarter than nature...

Now you idiots try to blame it on climate change instead of blaming it on mans stupidity and not understanding natural variations and how those mans decisions have made the situation worse by meddling.... Its not natural climate change that is the problem, its mans stupidity and stopping natural fires from happening, burning off the dead wood and insects..

Forum List

Back