SciFy's 'American Warships'

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
Anyone else watch this movie Saturday night?

I want to get a feel for how the general population accepted it before adding my critique.

:evil:

Anyone else watch this movie Saturday night?

I want to get a feel for how the general population accepted it before adding my critique.

:evil:

No but it looks like more of the usual sfyfy crap.

It was.

The 'usual sci-fi crap', that is. :D

They tried hard to duplicate the blockbuster "Battleship".

The way it was presented gave me the impression that the Pacific Battleship Center, the ones that have really taken the lead in getting the USS Iowa approved as a museum USS Iowa | A New Home in Los Angeles California, must have had a hand in the production.

The movie opens with volunteers preparing her for museum status. All throughout the movie they reference her history.

The 'aliens' have some sort of electronic pulse weapon that disables ships' and aircraft's electrical systems. They made sure to point out that the Iowa's propulsion systems were all mechanically run. They even pulled out the old sound-powered communication circuit.

For those of you that don't know, on April 29, 1989 Turret #2 encountered a breach-fire causing an explosion that killed 47 shipmates.

During Iowa's battle with the 'aliens' the producers felt the need to repeat that incident!
Turret 2 had a projectile jam and, subsequently, exploded!!

Of course the Iowa was the 'hero' in the end and the final credits had a lot of information about her future home at LA Harbor in San Pedro.

It just ripped my heart out to see the Turret explode AGAIN and I'm sure any other Iowan was shaken to see it.

I've sent e-mails and FB messages to PBC but no answer yet.

I just needed a place to vent, gang, but also wanted to draw some attention to the USS Iowa.
She's waiting on weather to clear before she's towed from Richmond, CA, passing underneath the Golden Gate Bridge, to San Pedro.
There's video links on the site I linked and there's also a "track her progress" app here>>>> Track the Crowley Tug Warrior

Thanks for listening
:salute:
Fair winds and following seas

The title might confuse some people into thinking it's a documentary but from what I can gather the mockbuster was given a one star rating out of sympathy. From the same studio ghat gave us the forgettable "Battle of Los Angeles".

I call it the Stir Fry channel.

Anyhow- Battle L.A. was decent.

I think that came on after AW.

Ya know how, with DirecTv guide, ya see a dvd cover of the movie in the upper corner??
It was weird with Batt. LA, coz there was a picture of some kids and it had a different title on the pic, so I didn't know what to think so I just watched something I had DVR'd.

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back