Scientology is NOT a Religion!

free_speech

Nov 15, 2011
They just say that to avoid taxes. It's a scary brainwashing cult that tries to get every last dime out of people. Go to one of their centers and see what they do. It's brainwashing!

Man... I guess some here on the USMB need to stop jumping up, and down on their couch's before this Scientology business gets entirely out of hand.

After they Ban Scientology, I wonder what Religion they will target next.

Just because you think it's silly does not mean it's not a Religion. I think it's pretty Silly people think some all powerful being who lives in the sky created the earth in 6 days, but some people like to believe that shit as well. I think some of the Stuff Muslims believe is pretty Wacked as well.

But this is America and if they want to call it a religion then so be it. They meet the Legal Requirements, Who the hell are you or anyone else to determine they don't

Just because you think it's silly does not mean it's not a Religion. I think it's pretty Silly people think some all powerful being who lives in the sky created the earth in 6 days, but some people like to believe that shit as well. I think some of the Stuff Muslims believe is pretty Wacked as well.

But this is America and if they want to call it a religion then so be it. They meet the Legal Requirements, Who the hell are you or anyone else to determine they don't

Who is suggesting banning it?

Taking away their Status what ever, sorry bad choice of words.

And suggesting Reagan Personally gave it to them. Pretty silly as well. Those decisions are made by IRS bureaucrats after an application process.

If a group meets the legal Requirements they will be given Status. Period.

Who is the government to say what is a religion or not. If they say they are a religion, let them.

Scientology is to religion what global warming is to science. :cool:

That's a good one!

Agreed good one lol

I guess all you stupid fuckers also agree that the record temps in the US this year (which are killing some people by the way) is just another glitch in the planet, right?

Scientists have been warning about this for awhile now. Wonder why the western US is burning? Because the record temps last year, combined with a very mild winter this year dried out the forests, making this one of the worst wildfire years in a long time.

But...........keep denying.................at least...................until you can't deny anymore.

And suggesting Reagan Personally gave it to them. Pretty silly as well. Those decisions are made by IRS bureaucrats after an application process.

I take your point and I agree that it's silly to pin their recognition on Reagan.

The question is if the legal requirements fit. Can't really say (not really an expert on that). But I do feel I can say that as a "religion" Scientology is phony and a scam.

They just say that to avoid taxes. It's a scary brainwashing cult that tries to get every last dime out of people. Go to one of their centers and see what they do. It's brainwashing!

SO...how many crimes have you plotted today, drug addict...just today

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocw90W44Boc]Scientology - What are your crimes? - YouTube[/ame]

I take your point and I agree that it's silly to pin their recognition on Reagan.

The question is if the legal requirements fit. Can't really say (not really an expert on that). But I do feel I can say that as a "religion" Scientology is phony and a scam.

As they all are, IMO. But to each his own. I don't give on things like Freedom of Religion.

Damn forgot the quote functionbut Avatar I mostly agree if yahoos want to be a religion let them be. But when it comes to evading the draft or taxes specific standards must be in place lol. I do think the Scientology thing is dangerous and deserves no tax free status. Just because there's been ppl involved or held against their will with those freaks I read decade ago or so. But I guess there's crazies in Westminster Baptist church too lol. Everytime I see that Jesus hating psychopath Cruise I picture him telling someone to give their money to the L.Ron Hubbard fund :razz:

Who is the government to say what is a religion or not. If they say they are a religion, let them.

Because it's merely a scam to avoid taxes on the money they make from disturbed people who would do better being treated by real psychiatric professionals. The reason they got by the IRS is because of the political pressure from other faiths afraid of a precedent that would cost them their own exemptions.

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. (L.Ron Hubbard)

L. Ron Hubbard - Wikiquote

Sounds like any other religion to me

The Church of Scientology was found guilty of fraud in our country. (condemned to six hundred thousand € and two years suspended sentence for the leader of the French arm) The court recognized the "facts of fraud made ​​by organized gangs." The Church of Scientology here, is kept under control by the authorities to prevent any further illegal activities.

And she is publicly recognized as a sect. (92% of the population is for the dissolution - poll by BFM)

Last edited:

Are they discussing Banning Scientology, or just exposing it. Two different paths.

Forum List

Back