Scientists warn Christmas lights harm the planet

I don't know anyone who throws Christmas ligts away either.... Maybe you are seeing empty boxes that are thrown out.... Those are some really dumb people if they are throwing out good lights... Let me know where that is so I can go pick them up. Thanks!

These people are out of control... Everytime we take a dump we emit gases too!!!! I guess we need to stop going number 2.

If all of these people who believe the planet is more important than people would just kill themselves everyone would be happy... We could go on and live our lives and the dead bark humping weirdos would be happy too. Like this observation or not, it would be true.

Scientists warn Christmas lights harm the planet | The Courier-Mail
Being a grinch is now environmentally (and politically) correct.
I'm way ahead of the curve on this one.

Ah some how the most important thing in the universe to worry about is a predicted increase of CO2 in the atmosphere to about half of one percent, meanwhile in the Azores is a volcanic island whose collapse would likely level everything East of the Appalachians via a humongous tsunami. And in the Western US is a super volcano under Yellowstone Park that could potentially bury every thing west of the Missisippi river under about 10+ feet of ash. On top of all this we are currently well late for an ice age.

Actually, that is the most logical of all the environuts claims. The lights are not that important but people use thousands per household many times, and most end up in the garbage right afterward, so yeah, they could build up. Then there is the almost forgotten light pollution (I miss the night sky with all the stars in it) and many others. If people would at least be moderate about it instead of going so overboard.

Concerning light pollution, someone showed me today some photos of earth taken by an astronaut. A nighttime shot of North America showed a solid band of light from Philly up to Boston!!!!

The show I watched said that Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" really brought Christmas to the fore...but the thing is, Dickens was writing, as he always did, about events, politics and society of the day.

So to say that he "created" traditional Christmas can't be accurate, as he was writing about the way it was celebrated by most, and castigating those who didn't appreciate it.

It also had to do with Queen Victoria's marriage to her German husband. In Germany and other European countries Xmas celebrations were more popular.

We all know this is part of the liberal conspiracy to outlaw Christmas.

Concerning light pollution, someone showed me today some photos of earth taken by an astronaut. A nighttime shot of North America showed a solid band of light from Philly up to Boston!!!!

aka Liberaland! :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back