Scientists: Warming triggers 'dead zone'

cygonaut

Aug 5, 2006
Bottom fish and crabs washing up dead on Oregon beaches are being killed by a recurring "dead zone" of low-oxygen water that is larger than in previous years and may be triggered by global warming, scientists said.

Source

Now they are blaming crabs on global warming?

Geez...what's next?

I can understand global warming causing chlamydia (..get it..get it..climate-ia..chlamydia... I just kill me sometimes..)

"If we continue like we are now, we could see some ecological shifts," Barth said. "It all depends on what happens with the warming and the greenhouse gases."

Hey! Phytoplanktons have rights too, ya know!

Geeeeeezzzzzzzz!!!!! Tree huggers!!!!

They're usually caused by pollutants such as fertilizer, phosphates and sewage and have always been seasonal. Invasive species, such as the blooms contribute to these areas and are also seasonal. But what is causing the water temp to change other than the temps above the water? Could be any combination of things. Personally, I would be mmore concerned about what is being dumped into the water more than i would care about wind temp. Call me crazy.

Bottom fish and crabs washing up dead on Oregon beaches are being killed by a recurring "dead zone" of low-oxygen water that is larger than in previous years and may be triggered by global warming, scientists said.

Source

What about the Frankenfish?

Source

fucking oregonians....al gore should investigate them

It's a pretty hard problem to reverse. The battle to shrink the area in Lake Eerie has been going on for ages and it's only getting bigger.

Forum List

Back