Scientists repair damage to ozone layer

Flac -

What leads me to "denigrate" people are post which are either wilfully ignorant, or display a degree of insight any ten-year-old could see through.

Posts that say things like "Wow, arctic ice melts in spring!" or "The weather has always changed."

Are people THAT stupid or is it all theatre?

I think the latter, myself.

Flac -

What leads me to "denigrate" people are post which are either wilfully ignorant, or display a degree of insight any ten-year-old could see through.

Posts that say things like "Wow, arctic ice melts in spring!" or "The weather has always changed."

Are people THAT stupid or is it all theatre?

I think the latter, myself.

What PARTICULARLY ABOUT THAT POST --- prompted YOUR OWN Theatrical Displays with O.R. joining in? If you can't answer that on YOUR OWN thread that you started because of interest in the "ozone hole" --- perhaps you should try another forum...

What SCIENTIFICALLY GERMANE statement from OddBall -- caused you to veer off into a tantrum?

We're not the ones "acting" here...

Last edited:
You also seem to watching this topic sail some distance over your head!

Once again, I am absolutely amazed at how poor the level of debate is on some of these threads.

It must be tiresome for you to be stuck in a world with so many people who aren't "elite" like you, huh Intermediate?

When we have so many here speaking from the viewpoint of willfull ignorance, anyone that actually researchs the subject does look like the intellectual elite compared to the willfully ignorant.

He couldn't agree with you more that he is an uber-elite, special, special person. He seems to have been telling himself that all his life.

What about Oddball's statement that "the Ozone hole oscillates throughout the year"?

Easy enough. The statement is true but meaningless.

Of course it oscillates over the year. Everyone agrees on that. It's part of the basic theory of how the ozone hole chemistry works. Therefore, I have no idea why Oddball thought he had some intellectual triumph on his hands. He'll have to explain that, or maybe you can.

Now, if the attempt was to say that the ozone levels fluctuate in natural cycles over the long term, that's just plain incorrect. The Antarctic naturally has a little less ozone than elsewhere in the world, but it was stable at that slightly lower level until around 1976. Then from around 1976-2006, ozone levels didn't "oscillate". They plunged. And 2006-present they've been kind of stable at that vastly reduced level, with initial signs of creeping back up.

Why don't you ozone-deniers just admit you hold your bizarre reality-contradicting positions here solely because your political cult demands it? It really is that obvious. It's confirmed by your lack of both basic logic and basic knowledge, and by all the political rants.

Of course it oscillates over the year. Everyone agrees on that. It's part of the basic theory of how the ozone hole chemistry works. Therefore, I have no idea why Oddball thought he had some intellectual triumph on his hands. He'll have to explain that, or maybe you can.

Exactly that.

And it seems to define much of the posting on these thread by a half-dozen posters: endless statement such as "the weather has alway changed" "it gets warmer every spring!" presented a if:

a) people did not know it gets warmer every spring

b) this had never occured to climate scientists

c) the poster in question has finaly solved the mysteries of climate

d) other posters were claiming it does not get warmer every spring

It's like going into a debate on reparing cars and posting "Cars need petrol, you know! Idiot!".

I do exasperated with posters who can not address the topic with adult responses that actually address the topic.

Very simply, these people are intellectually lazy. They do not research the subject at all, yet think that a nonsense statement is a valed debating point. We do not denigrate them, they denigrate themselves.

Forum List

Back