Scientists indicate role of global warming in depression!!!!

New evidence indicates that if we ban fossil fuels, we may be able to eliminate depression!!!:ack-1:

Global warming impacts our mental health : TreeHugger

Who knew??!!!

We need to go all solar all the time........like tomorrow folks!!:rock::rock:

The situation is more dire than I had feared.

God help us all.

Hey man.....Treehugger.com is really on this stuff dude. The ADW true believers in here sear by that site as being a real authority on this global warming stuff.....

A report from the National Wildlife Federation estimated that 200 million Americans will be subject to stress due to climate change.

Guys.. It's time we surrender.. we've already compromised our mental health by hanging out here.
So every USMB view on the Enviro forum jeopardizes mental stability..

Votto is right. It IS worse than we thought. Because we didn't even KNOW we were already statistics..
See y'all at 12 steps...

Fast food causin' depression?...

Is fast food making us depressed?
26 August 2014 ~ Do burgers, sugary snacks and other unhealthy foods exacerbate the effects of mental illness? David Robson investigates the evidence, and discovers a surprising new idea to help treat depression.
The people entering Felice Jacka’s offices over the next few months will be in the throes of depression. She wants to help them – but her approach is unorthodox. Her team at Deakin University in Australia won’t be trying out a new cocktail of drugs. Nor will they be mulling over the patient’s childhood, their jobs, or their marital difficulties to help them cope with their problems. Instead, she wants them to talk about food. If Jacka is right, changing their eating habits could be a key part of these people’s recovery. She has good reason to believe this; over the last few years, a series of striking findings have begun to suggest that fatty, sugary diets are bad for the mind, as well as the body. The result is a cascade of reactions in the brain that can eventually lead to depression.

p025hr0b.jpg

Although the link is by no means proven, the fear that we are eating our way to depression is already prompting governments to take action. The US Department of Defence is now funding a trial that will deliver daily nutrient-rich food parcels to a group of former soldiers, to see if it can reduce suicide rates in army veterans. And at the start of this year, the European Union launched the 9m euro MoodFood project to further explore the way different nutrients may influence our minds. Certainly, no one is suggesting that a new diet should immediately replace existing treatments; Jacka’s volunteers will still be taking their medications as well as changing their eating habits. But if healthier eating can improve their recovery rate – or prevent some people developing symptoms in the first place – it would make for a simple, complementary way to help tackle mental illness.

‘Mind and body’

To grasp why your favourite dishes could be influencing your mental health, you first need to understand a strange aspect of the mind-body connection that first came to light 20 years ago. At the time, doctors were concerned that the stresses of poor mental health would weaken the body’s immune response, leaving them open to infection. Instead, they found the exact opposite was true; in people with depression, the immune system seemed to be going into over-drive. For instance, the blood of depressed people was awash with a particular type of protein, called cytokines, which normally lead to inflammation after illness or injury.

p025hwy5.jpg

Fish oils showed a positive impact on mental health

As the scientists pressed on, it became clear that this was a two-way process: not only could depression cause inflammation, but crucially, inflammation from other causes seems to be triggering depression. Some grounds for this link came from diseases that are known to send cytokines flushing through the body, like arthritis or cancer; patients often report depression before a diagnosis has even been made. “The people become depressed even before they know that they have cancer, and it ties in with the high levels of cytokines” says Michael Maes at Deakin University in Australia, who has pioneered work on the biological basis of depression.

More BBC - Future - Is fast food making us depressed

New evidence indicates that if we ban fossil fuels, we may be able to eliminate depression!!!:ack-1:

Who knew??!!!

I can see how the climate failing to cooperate with the warmer wackaloons might cause them to be depressed, but I really don't see how my own gales of laugher at their abject stupidity could be construed as depression in any way....of course to a warmer a failure of the climate to warm and even slightly cool looks like rapid, unprecedented warming so who knows how they perceive reality...

Who knew??!!!

I can see how the climate failing to cooperate with the warmer wackaloons might cause them to be depressed, but I really don't see how my own gales of laugher at their abject stupidity could be construed as depression in any way....of course to a warmer a failure of the climate to warm and even slightly cool looks like rapid, unprecedented warming so who knows how they perceive reality...
They are depressed because an inch of water is a rapid increase in sea levels.

They are depressed because they see our world going down the shitter from the combination of a small number of loudmouthed ignoramuses and human cowardice in the face of change. It's an interesting juxtaposition as it is one that creates the other.

149 people might be depressed from global warming and ALL of them are of the hyper-AGW type.......because they are lOsInG:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:.
They kills themselves on internet message boards all over the web and it has zero impact on energy policy.:fu:

It's amazing how often folks on your side of the argument mention the deaths of the people with whom you're debating.

Fast food causin' depression?...

Is fast food making us depressed?
26 August 2014 ~ Do burgers, sugary snacks and other unhealthy foods exacerbate the effects of mental illness? David Robson investigates the evidence, and discovers a surprising new idea to help treat depression.

They are depressed because they see our world going down the shitter from the combination of a small number of loudmouthed ignoramuses and human cowardice in the face of change. It's an interesting juxtaposition as it is one that creates the other.

Except that isn't what you see. That isn't happening at all. . I guess it might be what you perceive is happening. ..more likely what you wish were happening. .but alas, it is not. ..

What is happening is that no evidence of a man made signal is visible in the natural variations of the climate and Climate science has become a laughingstock over their efforts to create one.

By the way. ...did you hear that Manns method for creating the hockey stick has finally been duplicated and the fraud is evident on the face of it?

The evidence of a manmade signal has done nothing but grow and make the point more certain. It is becoming obvious that man is very likely responsible not just for the majority of the warming, but for ALL of it. 99.5% of the probability distribution curve lies in the third tercile, to use Ms Curry's descriptors and it is evidence of any non-manmade signal that has grown more and more scarce.

And since I don't read denier blogs, I have not seen whatever stands as your latest revelatory epiphany.

Forum List

Back