ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Scientists in Canada are using marijuana to reduce crack cocaine use

M-J Milloy and M. Eugenia Socias, The Conversation

"SNIP................

Despite the estimated 14 to 21 million cocaine users worldwide, the majority of whom live in Brazil and the United States, scientists have yet to find an effective medical treatment for helping people who wish to decrease problematic use of the drug.

Now Canadian scientists are working on an unconventional substitution for it.

Research done by the BC Centre on Substance Use in Vancouver shows that using cannabis may enable people to consume less crack. Could marijuana become to crack what methadone is to heroin – a legal, safe and effective substitute drug that reduces cravings and other negative impacts of problematic drug use?

Between 2012 and 2015, our team surveyed more than 100 crack cocaine users in the city’s Downtown Eastside and Downtown South neighbourhoods. These are poor areas where crack is common among people who use drugs. We found that people who intentionally used cannabis to control their crack use showed a marked decline in crack consumption, with the proportion of people reporting daily use dropping from 35% to less than 20%.

..................SNIP"

Too bad Sessions is so stupid.

M-J Milloy and M. Eugenia Socias, The Conversation

"SNIP................

Despite the estimated 14 to 21 million cocaine users worldwide, the majority of whom live in Brazil and the United States, scientists have yet to find an effective medical treatment for helping people who wish to decrease problematic use of the drug.

Now Canadian scientists are working on an unconventional substitution for it.

Research done by the BC Centre on Substance Use in Vancouver shows that using cannabis may enable people to consume less crack. Could marijuana become to crack what methadone is to heroin – a legal, safe and effective substitute drug that reduces cravings and other negative impacts of problematic drug use?

Between 2012 and 2015, our team surveyed more than 100 crack cocaine users in the city’s Downtown Eastside and Downtown South neighbourhoods. These are poor areas where crack is common among people who use drugs. We found that people who intentionally used cannabis to control their crack use showed a marked decline in crack consumption, with the proportion of people reporting daily use dropping from 35% to less than 20%.

..................SNIP"

Too bad Sessions is so stupid.

Trump could order Sessions to back off but will not. I will be happy when this nightmare is over!

I will be honest. I don't really care whether people use any form of cocaine. I think doing so will be detrimental to one's long term health and ability to thrive in non-physiological ways too. Frankly, the sooner weak minded and weak willed people who'd use drugs eradicate themselves from our society, the better. Self-destroying substance use is a problem that I think will, given time solve itself for eventually we'll be left with the portion of the population that considers anathema using such substances. Those people, quite frankly, are whom we need.

If what the scientists are trying works, I suppose that's good and good to know, but I don't care if it does or doesn't work.

We're all going to die in agony and then rot in lonely graves. So why are mood-enhancing drugs bad again?

252f2205d18ec4f2e04fbd8dbd92e6ce_the-daily-hilario-checkatrade-rockavote-we-aint-got-no-history-towelie-wanna-get-high-meme_357-338.png

181g5b.jpg

Forum List

Back