Scientists Have Confirmed the Existence of Gravitational Waves

R

rdean

http://gizmodo.com/holy-shit-scientists-have-confirmed-the-existence-of-g-1755465297

Einstein Was Right: Scientists Make Waves With Gravitational Discovery

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

Gravitational waves are ripples in the universe caused by some of the most energetic cosmic events, from exploding stars to supermassive black hole mergers. As they propagate through space and time, gravitational waves cause tiny tremors in atoms that make up matter. While Einstein predicted them in his general theory of relativity in 1916, and their existence was indirectly demonstrated in the 1980s, it wasn’t until the LIGO detector came online in 2002 that the hunt for elusive spacetime ripples started to get serious.

The two black holes behind the all the hubbub are 29 and 36 times the mass of the Sun, respectively. During the peak of their cosmic collision, LIGO researchers estimate that their power output was 50 times that of the entire visible universe.

-----------------------------------

The right wing: I didn't see anything.

http://gizmodo.com/holy-shit-scientists-have-confirmed-the-existence-of-g-1755465297

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

Gravitational waves are ripples in the universe caused by some of the most energetic cosmic events, from exploding stars to supermassive black hole mergers. As they propagate through space and time, gravitational waves cause tiny tremors in atoms that make up matter. While Einstein predicted them in his general theory of relativity in 1916, and their existence was indirectly demonstrated in the 1980s, it wasn’t until the LIGO detector came online in 2002 that the hunt for elusive spacetime ripples started to get serious.

The two black holes behind the all the hubbub are 29 and 36 times the mass of the Sun, respectively. During the peak of their cosmic collision, LIGO researchers estimate that their power output was 50 times that of the entire visible universe.

Do you still doubt that Rdean is a tool planted by the Koch Brothers for the sole purposes of making Progressives look like fucking morons?

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

Do you still doubt that Rdean is a tool planted by the Koch Brothers for the sole purposes of making Progressives look like fucking morons?

I'm still wondering if Rderp and Guano are related, or just dating

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

They're twins who only recently evolved from pooh flinging monkeys this last summer

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

They're twins who only recently evolved from pooh flinging monkeys this last summer
Ever notice that only right wingers and Muslims believe science is a faith?

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

You're confused. It's the Global Warming Cult that doesn't have one single lab experiment but still BELIEVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS a rounding error increase in an atmospheric trace element can change the climate of a planet

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

Because they are low IQ buffoons who cannot understated science and that's why they are Christians

First, kudos to Einstein as this is proof of his theory of general relativity. One Nobel Prize isn't enough for this genius!

What can we do with gravitational waves?

We may be able to find out when the universe first began since they are investigating the waves from the alleged Big Bang. Two black holes approaching each other are huge masses moving through the fabric of spacetime and it could be the beginning. It could also mean they're at the ends of the universe or edge and we can measure it. It could also mean the universe is expanding and can't be measured.

In the wildest scenario, in my opinion, is that it would lead to a breakthrough of spacetime and to time travel. Remember Superman used to go around the Earth at superspeed to travel back in time? In reality, it may not be that far off as one would have to spiral around a hole in a black hole of spacetime.

1415638466193_wps_32_article_2636397_1E1DB1FB0.jpg

General - all of spacetime
Spacetime, Relativity, Quantum Physics, and Quantum Gravity

Specific - time travel using spacetime
http://ws5.com/spacetime/SpaceTime Warp.pdf

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

Because they are low IQ buffoons who cannot understated science and that's why they are Christians

It didn't take long.

The battle between evo science and creation science with gravitational waves will be over whether the Big Bang theory is correct and the universe is expanding or not or expanding and contracting. How can someone state that the universe is still expanding when there is evidence against it. Sure, Einstein used Hubble's findings and his cosmological constant, but that doesn't mean BBT is correct. It means Einstein is correct.

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

Yeah. Exact DNA match for Rderp.

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

lol,

Says the man that thinks science is a boondogooo and wants to cut everything. Yet, in your mind he looks bad? I am laughing.

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

lol,

Says the man that thinks science is a boondogooo and wants to cut everything. Yet, in your mind he looks bad? I am laughing.

Matty, stop snorting the Global Warming Kool Aid. I want to zero out all money wasted on "Climate Research" because apparently they're not researching a fucking thing

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

lol,

Matty, stop snorting the Global Warming Kool Aid. I want to zero out all money wasted on "Climate Research" because apparently they're not researching a fucking thing
Yea, they can find gravitational wave billions light years away, but can't figure out what's going on right over their heads.

And this Frank, is why you are a dipshit of the highest caliber.

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

lol,

Yea, they can find gravitational wave billions light years away, but can't figure out what's going on right over their heads.

Dean don't worry, I'm not going to let the other posters know that the Koch Brothers pay you to post here to embarrass Progressives

r1jpuibgmqiqqdncxwgp.gif

lol,

Dean don't worry, I'm not going to let the other posters know that the Koch Brothers pay you to post here to embarrass Progressives
Look at the ignorant shit you post at the end of your posts:

“We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack—not a protest" - Hillary Clinton helping Obama cover up a terrorist attack at Benghazi

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy." -- Dem Philosophy 2015

What film are you talking about? The one right wingers say doesn't exist? The one that didn't cause dozens of deaths from protests all over the Muslim world?

And what philosophy are you talking about? Coming from people who believe in trickle down and a young earth, it has to be a doozy.

lol,

Look at the ignorant shit you post at the end of your posts:

“We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack—not a protest" - Hillary Clinton helping Obama cover up a terrorist attack at Benghazi

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality was tacitly denied by their philosophy." -- Dem Philosophy 2015

What film are you talking about? The one right wingers say doesn't exist? The one that didn't cause dozens of deaths from protests all over the Muslim world?

And what philosophy are you talking about? Coming from people who believe in trickle down and a young earth, it has to be a doozy.

Deany, I'm quoting St Hillary the Inevitable in the first one.

The second speaks for itself because you just validated it.

Forum List

Back