Scientists create bone from fat stem cells

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
London: For the first time, scientists have developed new bone from fresh and purified fat stem cells, a breakthrough which they say may one day eliminate the need for painful bone grafts that use material taken from the patient.

The new procedure, carried out on an animal model, is also hoped to be applied to produce other tissues, including heart, skin and cartilage, the researchers said.

"We are extremely excited. This is opening up a new dawn in personalised regenerative medicine in which people can isolate stem cells from their fat for repairing damaged bone, muscle, skin or cartilage. Lead researcher Prof Chia Soo from University of California was quoted as saying by the Sunday Express online.

:D

From the Hebrew University of Jerusalem researchers have developed a new stem cell technology to help better and faster healing of complex fractures. Already using this technology, including stem cells from bone marrow, has been successful in severe fractures of the seven at Jerusalem's Hadassah University Hospital, the treatment of patients.

Do I have to be the one to make this political?? OK.. Just this one time..

I voted against the California Stem Cell Initiative.. Designed to be a slap in the face of the Bush administration who were chastized as "anti -science"..

Actually no.. All we were saying was that California didn't need to be in the stem cell research area for spite -- because all these WONDERFUL advances were and CONTINUE TO BE possible without the use of human embryos...

Bet they'd like their money back about now...

Do I have to be the one to make this political?? OK.. Just this one time..

I voted against the California Stem Cell Initiative.. Designed to be a slap in the face of the Bush administration who were chastized as "anti -science"..

Actually no.. All we were saying was that California didn't need to be in the stem cell research area for spite -- because all these WONDERFUL advances were and CONTINUE TO BE possible without the use of human embryos...

Bet they'd like their money back about now...

The wonderful advances are and continue to be made OUTSIDE of the United States because we are still throwing money at the failure of embryonic stem cell research. We do it for one reason, to give some legitimacy to abortion.

In other words, the world is marching along towards progress and the United States is sitll sacrificing infants to the fire god.

London: For the first time, scientists have developed new bone from fresh and purified fat stem cells, a breakthrough which they say may one day eliminate the need for painful bone grafts that use material taken from the patient.

The new procedure, carried out on an animal model, is also hoped to be applied to produce other tissues, including heart, skin and cartilage, the researchers said.

"We are extremely excited. This is opening up a new dawn in personalised regenerative medicine in which people can isolate stem cells from their fat for repairing damaged bone, muscle, skin or cartilage. Lead researcher Prof Chia Soo from University of California was quoted as saying by the Sunday Express online.

:D

Scientists have done and attempted a lot. You know, of course, that blood has been created (though without life). I love science, just do not like the inhumane part.

Forum List

Back