Scientists are at it again

You can butt in but bring something other than your opinion.

What I stated isn't opinion, but the reality facing the scientific community.

All I can say is
'Scientists falsify data to get research published and whistleblowers are bullied into keeping quiet
You can give all the reviews you want but until you show me that Scientists don't falsify their data you got nothing.

How do I show you scientists don't falsify data? What would that even look like? This is not a reasonable request for information.

It has happened, and it does happen, but it is frowned upon, and advances nothing in the name of science when all is said and done. The one thing you seem to miss is that there are questions about our natural universe, for which only certain "answers" are correct. If the results that are published do not actually correspond with physical reality, it will be uncovered. you can't cheat reality. you may be able to fool people for a while, but that's it.

What I stated isn't opinion, but the reality facing the scientific community.

All I can say is
'Scientists falsify data to get research published and whistleblowers are bullied into keeping quiet
You can give all the reviews you want but until you show me that Scientists don't falsify their data you got nothing.

How do I show you scientists don't falsify data? What would that even look like? This is not a reasonable request for information.

It has happened, and it does happen, but it is frowned upon, and advances nothing in the name of science when all is said and done. The one thing you seem to miss is that there are questions about our natural universe, for which only certain "answers" are correct. If the results that are published do not actually correspond with physical reality, it will be uncovered. you can't cheat reality. you may be able to fool people for a while, but that's it.

STOP parroting their data as if it's true.

The world was such a better place before those ebul scientists showed up!:evil:

If the information is based on a lie or propped up with lies it's worthless. Kind of like those attacks on the Christian faith.

All I can say is

What data do I 'parrot' as being true? Where are you getting this from?

You know the computer that you are typing on? And the internet you are connected to? And the car you drive? And the cell phone you use? And literally all technology that makes this economy go round? It's all based on science. Without science, you don't' get technology. It's funny how you pick and choose which science you allow into your life. You use it, but you won't recognize it as having any merit.

You know the computer that you are typing on? And the internet you are connected to? And the car you drive? And the cell phone you use? And literally all technology that makes this economy go round? It's all based on science. Without science, you don't' get technology. It's funny how you pick and choose which science you allow into your life. You use it, but you won't recognize it as having any merit.

Are you defending scientist? Are you trying to refute the source I posted?

To be so smart why do these people act so stupidly?

'Scientists falsify data to get research published and whistleblowers are bullied into keeping quiet,' claim their own colleagues

More than one in ten scientists and doctors claim to have witnessed colleagues deliberately fabricating data in order to get their research published, a new poll has revealed.
The survey of almost 2,800 experts in Britain also found six per cent knew of possible research misconduct at their own institution that has not been properly investigated.
The poll for the hugely-respected British Medical Journal (BMJ) is being presented at a meeting aimed at tackling research misconduct in the UK.

'Scientists falsify data to get research published and whistleblowers are bullied into keeping quiet,' claim their own colleagues | Mail Online

6%? Isn't that the same percentage that are supposed to be conservatives?

Actually, Bigrib, no one needs to defend scientists. The advances in medicine, communication technologies, indeed, everything that our modern civilization depends on came about from the efforts of scientists.

And, in the meantime, what has people like Bigrib contributed? "Birfer" conspiracies and posts that reflect a profound ignorance of the way that the world works. People like him need pity more than repirmand, for they are genetically incapable of recognizing their incompetance.

Actually, Bigrib, no one needs to defend scientists. The advances in medicine, communication technologies, indeed, everything that our modern civilization depends on came about from the efforts of scientists.

And, in the meantime, what has people like Bigrib contributed? "Birfer" conspiracies and posts that reflect a profound ignorance of the way that the world works. People like him need pity more than repirmand, for they are genetically incapable of recognizing their incompetance.

Let's not forget to credit scientists for all the cool ways they come up with to kill people too.

Just to be fair.

At who's behest? I have a 20" Crescent wrench. Weighs about 10 lbs. I can repair machinery with it, or I could crush someone's skull with it. A tool cares not how it is used.

So we change our life of false information?

If the information is based on a lie or propped up with lies it's worthless. Kind of like those attacks on the Christian faith.

By "those attacks" I asume you mean "my attacks". I couldn't possibly dream up anything crazier than the tenents of the Christian religion to attack it with.

All organized christian, jewish and muslim religion is based on nonsense.

"Faith" of an idividual in thier own mind is of no interest or concern to me. Collective "faith" is a perversion of truth. It is dangerous, as has been glaringly displayed thruout history. It is the most virilent obstical to science and education. It is the most dangerous social engineer in forcing the overpopultion of this planet which by the way will be the source of unthinkable starvation and disease in the not too distant future. My piddling little effort to show the truth of religion is a grain of sand in the Sahara compared to the nearly total public coma imposed by religion on the population.

At who's behest? I have a 20" Crescent wrench. Weighs about 10 lbs. I can repair machinery with it, or I could crush someone's skull with it. A tool cares not how it is used.

Yeah nuclear weapons were supposed to be used for humanitarian purposes.

By "those attacks" I asume you mean "my attacks". I couldn't possibly dream up anything crazier than the tenents of the Christian religion to attack it with.

"Faith" of an idividual in thier own mind is of no interest or concern to me. Collective "faith" is a perversion of truth. It is dangerous, as has been glaringly displayed thruout history. It is the most virilent obstical to science and education. It is the most dangerous social engineer in forcing the overpopultion of this planet which by the way will be the source of unthinkable starvation and disease in the not too distant future. My piddling little effort to show the truth of religion is a grain of sand in the Sahara compared to the nearly total public coma imposed by religion on the population.

example of you defending a lie
Climate change data They discarded their original data, so it could not have any peer review.

'Scientists falsify data to get research published and whistleblowers are bullied into keeping quiet,' claim their own colleagues

More than one in ten scientists and doctors claim to have witnessed colleagues deliberately fabricating data in order to get their research published, a new poll has revealed.
The survey of almost 2,800 experts in Britain also found six per cent knew of possible research misconduct at their own institution that has not been properly investigated.
The poll for the hugely-respected British Medical Journal (BMJ) is being presented at a meeting aimed at tackling research misconduct in the UK.

'Scientists falsify data to get research published and whistleblowers are bullied into keeping quiet,' claim their own colleagues | Mail Online

No, that's "Republican". 9% claim to be conservative. I guess that means 1 out of three conservative scientists are "independent".

No, that's "Republican". 9% claim to be conservative. I guess that means 1 out of three conservative scientists are "independent".

Is that why most scientist falsify there data

example of you defending a lie
Climate change data They discarded their original data, so it could not have any peer review.

How am I defending ANY lie? That is a rediculous accusation. I am willing to stipulate that there are a small handfull of scientists that over reach and possibly even mis-state the truth to make thier research seem more plausible. So what? Ambition is a bitch isn't it? We live in a society where ambition is rewarded. Relatively rare abuse is hardly proof of general mis information or an inditement of the credibility of the vast majority of science.

Here's some data.

Trends in Carbon Dioxide

Did you read the OP? Why should I believe that?

Honestly, let this guy doubt science all he wants. As long as his iphone, computer, internet service, car, plumbing, electrical outlets, and everything else in his life that makes it easier because of technology and science works, let him doubt the studies. We are no worse off for it. He hasn't changed my mind none. I am aware that cheating exists in every field, every occupation (lets not even talk about investment banking), but it is not going to cramp my faith in science altogether.

New Topics

Forum List

Back