Scientist creates worlds first genetically editet babies

Um.................you might wanna provide some of your own commentary about how you feel about Crisper babies and not just a link.

Just posting a link as the OP isn't allowed under USMB rules. And, if you don't change it, a mod might come by and lock the thread for not having commentary from you.
So what is being implied is that such babies aren't overly done or burnt --- they're simply crisper?
Actually this is a very serious subject requiring a lot of thought if we are to avoid a nightmare scenario making science fiction horror stories look like fairy tales.
Take for instance the idea totalitarian governments could back research into producing a strong, obedient servant/slave class or a strain of recklessly brave self sacrificing soldiers.
When Hitler showed an interest in eugenics it was only the beginning.
The human race is insane.

I do believe that this is a very serious subject --- I only have to laugh at the seemingly inappropriateness of the name CRISPER and its implications. However, all this only makes me realize the reality that the prophetic revelations of the Bible are right on track. And the tribulation is certainly not far away.

Chinese scientist claims to have created 'world's first genetically edited babies'

My opinion is that it is unethical and against Gods creation. Im against it.
I am not so sure they are the first. Hitler did have a similar program back during world war 2. We may already have some running around.

Selective breeding is much different than genetic modification. Granted, you might get the traits you're looking for after several generations of breeding, but with genetic modification, the results are a lot faster.

Chinese scientist claims to have created 'world's first genetically edited babies'

My opinion is that it is unethical and against Gods creation. Im against it.
I am not so sure they are the first. Hitler did have a similar program back during world war 2. We may already have some running around.

Selective breeding is much different than genetic modification. Granted, you might get the traits you're looking for after several generations of breeding, but with genetic modification, the results are a lot faster.
Speaking of acceleration. Can we bring into this discussion the mutations induced by human created environmental toxins and specifically the effects of radiation upon genetics?

Forum List

Back