Scientist calls for death to humanity

Octoldit

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2008
by John Ballantyne

[/QUOTE]A Texas scientist advocates killing nine-tenths of the world's population by an airborne Ebola virus, writes John Ballantyne.

An award-winning Texas scientist was given a standing ovation after he advocated the extermination of 90 per cent of the Earth's population by an airborne Ebola virus.

The University of Texas evolutionary ecologist, Dr Eric R. Pianka, was addressing the 109th meeting of the Texas Academy of Science at Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, in early March, after the academy had named him 2006 Distinguished Texas Scientist.

Present at Pianka's speech was Forrest M. Mim III, a popular science writer and editor of the bi-weekly journal, The Citizen Scientist. He reported:

"Something curious occurred a minute before Pianka began speaking. An official of the Academy approached a video camera operator at the front of the auditorium and engaged him in animated conversation. The camera operator did not look pleased as he pointed the lens of the big camera to the ceiling and slowly walked away.

"This curious incident came to mind a few minutes later when Professor Pianka began his speech by explaining that the general public is not yet ready to hear what he was about to tell us. Because of many years of experience as a writer and editor, Pianka's strange introduction and the TV camera incident raised a red flag in my mind ... I grabbed a notepad ..." ("Meeting Doctor Doom", The Citizen Scientist, March 31, 2006).[/QUOTE]

SCIENCE: Scientist calls for death to humanity - 15 April 2006

shortened to comply with board copyright rules

It sounds like this guy was talking in hypotheticals..... and made a few good points that even this slanted "reporter" caught.

During a question-and-answer session, Pianka praised communist China's draconian one-child policy, and suggested that IQs are falling because only "uncaring people" (i.e., people with below-average intelligence) have large families.

China's policy is good policy, draconian or not.

China's policy is great....who needs all those girl babies, anyway?

"While the policy has helped curb population growth, it has also led to forced sterilizations in some parts of the country, the State Department said. Because of a traditional preference for male heirs, many Chinese have aborted female fetuses, according to human rights groups."
China to keep one-child policy - CNN.com

And of course CNN won't refer to the POST-birth abortions...a.k.a. outright murders...of children when one is favored over another.

"By far the most important cause of a shift in the balance of the sexes is a sexual culling, simple, brutal and carefully hidden from the eyes of seekers after the truth. Millions of girls are destroyed at or before birth, as testimony to their worthless state."

"In a nationwide study in 1989-90, the sex ratio of first births was 105.6, right at the worldwide average, but the sex ratio of later-born children depended on how many older brothers and sisters already existed."

"China will have 30 million more men of marriageable age than women by 2020, making it difficult for them to find wives, according to a national report. The gender imbalance could lead to social instability, the report by the State Population and Family Planning Commission warned. It found that around 118 boys were born to every 100 girls in 2005 (Chinese facing shortage of wives BBC 12 Jan 2007).."
Sexual Paradox: The Girl Child

An award-winning Texas scientist was given a standing ovation after he advocated the extermination of 90 per cent of the Earth's population by an airborne Ebola virus.

Shit like this (pun intended) leaves me speechless. Do the folks who gave this lunatic a standing ovation even know what Ebola is? Would the survivors need to clean up the putrid messes? And how much noxious gas would permeate any breathable air left? As Xenophon suggests, starting with Dr. Stupid, just shooting everyone would be easier, quicker, cleaner.

Remember, abortion is good for the environment, too. Anguille said so. So ebola and abortion are good for the environment.

Right on!

ebola pictures - Live Search Images

"Standing in front of a slide of human skulls, Pianka gleefully advocated airborne ebola as his preferred method of exterminating the necessary 90% of humans, choosing it over AIDS because of its faster kill period. Ebola victims suffer the most tortuous deaths imaginable as the virus kills by liquefying the internal organs. The body literally dissolves as the victim writhes in pain bleeding from every orifice."

What a lovely guy.

Now tell me again..progressive seculars are dissimilar from Nazis...HOW??

Hmmmm...

Mims-Pianka controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Response to criticism
Pianka has appeared on NBC-affiliate KXAN Austin[16] and "be on two cable talk shows Tuesday ... to try and clear his name". At this time, a transcript of Pianka's initial comments is unavailable; however, no one who was present at Pianka's talk has stepped forward to back Mims' claim.[citation needed] Pianka has posted an explanation on his University of Texas website (excerpt of longer statement):[1]

"I have two grandchildren and I want them to inherit a stable Earth. But I fear for them. Humans have overpopulated the Earth and in the process have created an ideal nutritional substrate on which bacteria and viruses (microbes) will grow and prosper. We are behaving like bacteria growing on an agar plate, flourishing until natural limits are reached or until another microbe colonizes and takes over, using them as their resource. In addition to our extremely high population density, we are social and mobile, exactly the conditions that favor growth and spread of pathogenic (disease-causing) microbes. I believe it is only a matter of time until microbes once again assert control over our population, since we are unwilling to control it ourselves. This idea has been espoused by ecologists for at least four decades and is nothing new. People just don't want to hear it... I do not bear any ill will toward humanity. However, I am convinced that the world WOULD clearly be much better off without so many of us... We need to make a transition to a sustainable world. If we don't, nature is going to do it for us in ways of her own choosing. By definition, these ways will not be ours and they won't be much fun. Think about that."

University of Texas faculty and students were also supportive of their colleague and professor:

"Those roaming the corridors at Patterson Hall on the UT campus were very supportive of their teacher and colleague. Fellow professor David Hillis said most people were sympathetic of the nationally renowned professor's plight. "There's a strong anti-science sentiment in the country right now," Hillis said. Pianka "has such a passion for life and diversity. How anyone could paint him as pro-death is unbelievable."" Doctoral student Tracy Heath, who has studied under Pianka, says ""He's just trying to make waves to get people to think."[14]

According to the Seguin Gazette-Enterprise news report on the incident:

"Responding to these very questions, Pianka said, “Good terrorists would be taking [Ebola Reston and Ebola Zaire] so that they had microbes they could let loose on the Earth that would kill 90 percent of people.”"[17]

More fruitcakes misquoting, and outright lying about what others say. But to expect otherwise from those affiliated with the Discovery Institute is futile.

"Standing in front of a slide of human skulls, Pianka gleefully advocated airborne ebola as his preferred method of exterminating the necessary 90% of humans, choosing it over AIDS because of its faster kill period. Ebola victims suffer the most tortuous deaths imaginable as the virus kills by liquefying the internal organs. The body literally dissolves as the victim writhes in pain bleeding from every orifice."

What a lovely guy.

Now tell me again..progressive seculars are dissimilar from Nazis...HOW??

The reply's will be uninteresting and nonexistent!

I don't think so.

"Pianka's speech was ordered to be kept off the record before it began as cameras were turned away and hundreds of students, scientists and professors sat in attendance.

"Saying the public was not ready to hear the information presented, Pianka began by exclaiming, “We're no better than bacteria!”, as he jumped into a doomsday malthusian rant about overpopulation destroying the earth...

"Pianka then cited the Peak Oil fraud as another reason to initiate global genocide. “And the fossil fuels are running out,” he said, “so I think we may have to cut back to two billion, which would be about one-third as many people.”

Later, the scientist welcomed the potential devastation of bird flu and spoke glowingly of China's enforced one child policy, before zestfully commenting, “We need to sterilize everybody on the Earth.”

At the end of Pianka's speech the audience erupted not to a chorus of boos and hisses but to a raucous reception of applause and cheers as audience members clammered to get close to the scientist to ask him follow up questions. Pianka was later presented with a distinguished scientist award by the Academy. Pianka is no crackpot. He has given lectures to prestigious universities worldwide.

One horrified observer was able to make notes on the speech and our gratitude goes to Forrest M. Mims for bringing this sickening display to the attention of the world."

Shit like this (pun intended) leaves me speechless. Do the folks who gave this lunatic a standing ovation even know what Ebola is? Would the survivors need to clean up the putrid messes? And how much noxious gas would permeate any breathable air left? As Xenophon suggests, starting with Dr. Stupid, just shooting everyone would be easier, quicker, cleaner.

well, it's gonna take the 10% a long time to clean up the 90%.. they won't make it..

Meh, the environuts have already doomed more than half to population, woot! I'll be happy when it happens.

Good grief, would you PLEASE pop some uppers, or have a drink, or SOMETHING? It's like having Cruella de Ville online.

"Pianka believes the solution to this crisis is to eliminate the cause, by decreasing the number of human beings living on Earth from 6.5 billion to around 700 million—a 90 percent reduction.

Pianka is convinced that Nature eventually will exterminate the majority of humans through widespread disease or other effects of global warming—and he seems delighted at the prospect.

“This is really an exciting time,” he told the audience at a recent presentation of his “doomsday talk,” which is designed to raise awareness about the dangers of overpopulation and excess demands on the environment. “Every one of you who gets to survive has to bury nine.”

Yet another site "lying" about this?
I don't think so.
Reduce Human Beings by 90 Percent to Solve Environmental Woes, Says Scientist

More lies (from yet another site!):
"“[Disease] will control the scourge of humanity,” Pianka said in a phone interview before his speech at St. Edward's University. “We’re looking forward to a huge collapse.”
The Gazette-Enterprise

Forum List

Back