Scientific method cannot disprove the existence of heaven, hell, or God...

At least that's what my critical thinking text says:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Without an operational definition, the scientific method cannot be employed. Science cannot, for example, tell us whether or not a biblical heaven or hell exists."

Thinking: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Critical and Creative Thought, 4e, Chapter 10: Scientific Thinking

ISBN: 0132209748 Author: Gary Kirby , Jeffery Goodpaster
copyright © 2007 Prentice Hall, Inc. A Pearson Education Company

I doubt that science will try to prove or disprove whether the moon is made of cheese either....or the Tooth Fairy...or the Easter bunny...or Santa Claus...

All of your make believe characters and places are safe from scrutiny.

"Without an operational definition, the scientific method cannot be employed. Science cannot, for example, tell us whether or not a biblical heaven or hell exists."

Thinking: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Critical and Creative Thought, 4e, Chapter 10: Scientific Thinking

I doubt that science will try to prove or disprove whether the moon is made of cheese either....or the Tooth Fairy...or the Easter bunny...or Santa Claus...

What earthly difference does it make to you what other people believe? We don't mock you for your shallow existence, it is your choice. Why can you not respect the right of other people to live the way they choose?

Why can't you just mind your business and let other people mind theirs?

What earthly difference does it make to you what other people believe? We don't mock you for your shallow existence, it is your choice. Why can you not respect the right of other people to live the way they choose?

Why can't you just mind your business and let other people mind theirs?

PSSSST!! CG!!!! Flash!!!!! This is the Internets. If someone WANTED to keep something PRIVATE..they would.

OR...If they just wanted someone to agree with them on religious matters they would go to a Fundi Religious site...

BUT If you just need a whipping boy.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Come to think of it ...Go screw your blonde self!!! I responded on topic to a question posed by the OP. Science is NOT trying to disprove God or the "places" mentioned in the Bible. At least no science I am aware of. Science follows TANGIBLE trails of evidence and theory. Suggesting they CAN"T assumes they would try.

I don't have a problem with evolutionary theory. I've only said that about 100 million times now. I have a problem with using evolutionary theory to explain the existence of life and to link man to non-human ancestors.
:wtf:

So you've no problem with evolutionary theory... just with what the facts and science tell us?
AllieBaba said:
Hi, you have received -224 reputation points from AllieBaba.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Don\'t be ridiculous.

Regards,
AllieBaba

Note: This is an automated message.

Oh the irony

Science isn't trying to do anything.

Trolls who race around posting moronic threads like *the vile lie that is the bible* and *all christians are stoopid* are.

I don't have a problem with evolutionary theory. I've only said that about 100 million times now. I have a problem with using evolutionary theory to explain the existence of life and to link man to non-human ancestors.
:wtf:

So you've no problem with evolutionary theory... just with what the facts and science tell us?
AllieBaba said:
Hi, you have received -224 reputation points from AllieBaba.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Don\'t be ridiculous.

Regards,
AllieBaba

Note: This is an automated message.

Oh the irony

Take your meds, junior.

This world would be so much better if everyone kept their religious opinion to themselves, or between other likeminded individuals.

Less bad shit would happen.

And I don't opine on the age of the earth. I don't think it's relevant to anything, and I don't think we have any reliable way to determine it.

Wrong on all counts, as usual. Genetics links man to all life on earth. As far as the age of the earth is concerned, the very physics we use to control the fisial materials in nuclear reactors tells us the age of the various rocks that make up the earth.

KATHY MAR THE WORD OF GOD LYRICS
Send "The Word of God" Ringtone to your Cell
Lyrics and melody © 1994 by Catherine Faber

From desert cliff and mountaintop we trace the wide design,
Strike-slip fault and overthrust and syn and anticline. . .
We gaze upon creation where erosion makes it known,
And count the countless aeons in the banding of the stone.
Odd, long-vanished creatures and their tracks & shells are found;
Where truth has left its sketches on the slate below the ground.
The patient stone can speak, if we but listen when it talks.
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the rocks.

There are those who name the stars, who watch the sky by night,
Seeking out the darkest place, to better see the light.
Long ago, when torture broke the remnant of his will,
Galileo recanted, but the Earth is moving still.
High above the mountaintops, where only distance bars,
The truth has left its footprints in the dust between the stars.
We may watch and study or may shudder and deny,
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the sky.

By stem and root and branch we trace, by feather, fang and fur,
How the living things that are descend from things that were.
The moss, the kelp, the zebrafish, the very mice and flies,
These tiny, humble, wordless things---how shall they tell us lies?
We are kin to beasts; no other answer can we bring.
The truth has left its fingerprints on every living thing.
Remember, should you have to choose between them in the strife,
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote life.

And we who listen to the stars, or walk the dusty grade,
Or break the very atoms down to see how they are made,
Or study cells, or living things, seek truth with open hand.
The profoundest act of worship is to try to understand.
Deep in flower and in flesh, in star and soil and seed,
The truth has left its living word for anyone to read.
So turn and look where best you think the story is unfurled.
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the world.

And I don't opine on the age of the earth. I don't think it's relevant to anything, and I don't think we have any reliable way to determine it.

Wrong on all counts, as usual. Genetics links man to all life on earth. As far as the age of the earth is concerned, the very physics we use to control the fisial materials in nuclear reactors tells us the age of the various rocks that make up the earth.

Anything you say, dump.

And I never said man wasn't linked to all life on earth. Of course, since God made everything. I've no doubt he used the same raw materials for everything.

Forum List

Back