Scientific breakthrough! No embryonic stem cells needed

Good heavens, NO! That would just be too demeaning for those professional types.

Much better that the worker class just continue to be bred and their infants slaughtered.

Maybe now the Dems can just send all of their "givers of life" down to the "menstrual blood " bank and have them sell the brew for the greater good.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. Republicans need not apply. We'll wipe them out through attrition.

:D

You're so full of it. Provide an example of systematic and "Republican" demeaning women. And kindly leave out specific cases of adultery and such, we wouldn't want to hack up Bill Clinton's personal treatment of women. I mean let's talk law, and policy, and the exclusion of women from office, and discrimination against women, and such.

I'd think pulling for abortion and training young girls it's okay to have sex and then get them is about as demeaning as it gets when it comes to the treatment of women.

Hardly. Stem cells isnt about scientific breakthroughs. Its about abortion. Plain and simple.

How many embryos are destroyed yearly... meanwhile my mother-n-law slowly wastes away from progressive diabetes... Fuck you and all of your assinine positions. You cats would have us chiseling stone wheels for transportation if you had it your way... There will never be political reconsilation with dumb fucks like yourselves that would rather lay your hand upon the bible than lay your hand on applicable cures...

You're so full of it. Provide an example of systematic and "Republican" demeaning women. And kindly leave out specific cases of adultery and such, we wouldn't want to hack up Bill Clinton's personal treatment of women. I mean let's talk law, and policy, and the exclusion of women from office, and discrimination against women, and such.

I'd think pulling for abortion and training young girls it's okay to have sex and then get them is about as demeaning as it gets when it comes to the treatment of women.
Are you busy this weekend? I'll introduce you to my brother-in-law and some of my neighbors.

How many embryos are destroyed yearly... meanwhile my mother-n-law slowly wastes away from progressive diabetes... Fuck you and all of your assinine positions. You cats would have us chiseling stone wheels for transportation if you had it your way... There will never be political reconsilation with dumb fucks like yourselves that would rather lay your hand upon the bible than lay your hand on applicable cures...

They have plenty of embryonic cells to work with---and now mentrual blood !! :woohoo:

They knew this months and months ago. They've never needed embryonic stem cells. Not one positive thing has come from them. But the libs like the idea of growing and killing babies almost as much as they like the idea of encouraging young girls to get pregnant, then abort.

Wrong Allie. We may be able to find different answers/cures from doing embryonic stem cell research than we will from doing this other approach. We need to explore both options and leave no stone unturned. Your life may depend on it. Your kids life could depend on it.

Jeepers just show me where embryonic stem cells can cure diabetes and I may change my tune...It's that simple

Wrong Allie. We may be able to find different answers/cures from doing embryonic stem cell research than we will from doing this other approach. We need to explore both options and leave no stone unturned. Your life may depend on it. Your kids life could depend on it.

Bullshit. They've been playing around with this for years and it's gone absolutely nowhere. There is no reason to continue with it, except it's an excuse to keep the abortion train rolling.

Bullshit. They've been playing around with this for years and it's gone absolutely nowhere. There is no reason to continue with it, except it's an excuse to keep the abortion train rolling.

No one gets a kick out of abortion. It is a necessary evil. And sorry they haven't cured cancer fast enough for you Allie. If you had half a stem cell in your noggin, you'd know that they have found AMAZING things from stem cell research. No one is trying to clone humans, no one has a sinister plot, you are paranoid to the point that you can't be reasoned with.

Bull shit you say? Playing around with it? Nowhere? No reason to?

Maybe if Bush didn't limit funding for stem cell, we'd have more answers.

Of course I do. They come from babies donated by couples who have made more than they want to bear. Throw away babies. It's all one and the same. Babies that are disposable.

Of course I do. They come from babies donated by couples who have made more than they want to bear. Throw away babies. It's all one and the same. Babies that are disposable.

I want my baby back baby back baby back. Don't put them in a fridge or they get chili, baby back ribs. Barbecue Sauce!

So now stem cells are babies?

I killed about 100 babies last night thinking about you.

Jeepers just show me where embryonic stem cells can cure diabetes and I may change my tune...It's that simple

k..

Stem Cells Key to Diabetes Cure
Kristen Philipkoski 09.20.02
Diabetes sufferer Bob Marks may never again have to stick himself with an insulin injection.

Marks is part of a lucky group of about 100 diabetes patients chosen for a University of Pennsylvania clinical trial of a new procedure called islet cell transplantation. Still, Marks waited a year before doctors called to tell him they'd found a matching donor who could give him islet cells -- the cells in the pancreas that secrete insulin.

But the 31-year-old attorney from Danville, Pennsylvania, says it was worth the wait. And even though he takes 18 pills a day to prevent the cells from being rejected, Marks has no regrets.

"Almost right away after the surgery I felt better than I have in years," he said. "I could concentrate better and my mind was clear because my sugars weren't going high, then super low."

Marks still has to inject three-quarters the amount of insulin he needed before the surgery, but the life change is extreme, he said.

The biggest plus: Since the cells were transplanted into his liver, his body now gives him warning signs when his blood sugar is low. Before, it could sneak up on him. He no longer fears blacking out while driving his 11-year-old son to school, or arguing a case in court.

Marks is waiting for a second donor, which could eliminate his need to inject insulin, as it has for many other clinical trial participants.

Unfortunately, there are not nearly enough donors to go around. Seven hundred thousand people in the United States have type 1 diabetes (islet cell transplantation can't treat most cases of type 2 diabetes).

Meanwhile, only 6,000 donor organs were available last year -- 2,500 of which were not viable for donation. Moreover, most patients need two transplantations to get off insulin injections.

"Islet cell transplantation is wildly successful in the sense that it's been done in living people who are off insulin and leading a normal life. But it can only help a few people as opposed to many," said Dr. Robert Goldstein, chief scientific officer of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

If the FDA approves islet cell transplantation, which could take three more years, doctors and hospital administrators will have to find a fair way to decide who will qualify for the procedure first.

"The bad news is that with this protocol, there are only enough donor pancreases in the country to meet the needs of 0.2 to 0.5 percent of those who need them. It's an ethical issue who gets them," said Dr. Joel Habener, director of the molecular endocrinology laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.

Habener has an answer. Unfortunately it's unattainable, at least for now.

"The solution is to make islets in the lab," he said."
and there is more... Stem Cells Key to Diabetes Cure

Truth is if you really wanted to change your tune you would have done some research already... Its the same with all your kind. You have some preconceived notion of the world and ignore any new information that may expanding the size of your dark little universes. Back in the day, your kind used to burn, drown or torture those with opposing views... today, your kind just cuts the heads off their heads. You people are no better than the scum in the middle east that we are fighting..

So where does it say in that long diatribe that they think they're going to get those cells from embryonic stem cells? Sounds to me they come from a donor pancreas....

I want my baby back baby back baby back. Don't put them in a fridge or they get chili, baby back ribs. Barbecue Sauce!

So now stem cells are babies?

I killed about 100 babies last night thinking about you.

Classy.

As I said, the whole embryonic stem cell hoax is just another way to cheapen the life of babies and keep the abortion ball rolling. There's been absolutely no evidence that we need EMBRYONIC stem cells to achieve anything, and despite all the frantic research to prove they're NECESSARY to cure everything from cancer to Parkinson's, there's absolutely no evidence that this is at all true.

Forum List

Back