Scientific American, Mann hockey stick graph

Old Crock has gone off half cocked, Hansen faked data, Hansen used tempertures of summer months for the fall months data, Hansen got caught by his peers, Old Crock knew this and knows this but when Global Warming is based entirely on lies than the zealots just have to stick the lie until they tire everyone out.

Chris, boy are you stupid, your link is for C02 measured coming out of a volcanoe, talk about being a moron. So why should I even respond to anything else you post.

MIT study, great study, go ahead and post something from it. Old Crock did, I than used the same study to show that what Old Crock thought the study said the study actually did not say. So maybe you got a different study Chris.

Either way it dont matter, so far the solutions have dramatically increased the level of C02 in the air, building windmills is increasing C02, building solar farms increase the level of C02.

Building a wind farm is like using a pick up truck to mine for Silica, one windmill needs over 250 tons of silica, imagine using a Ford F-150 to move that amount of Silica, imangine building a fleet of Ford trucks to move that Silica when you can use a train. Why do they use the train, simple, it uses less energy.

A wind farm's output is so weak it literally uses more power than it ever supplies.

So here is the challenge that the dumb ass moron's like Chris and Old Crock cannot answer, how much energy and which types of energy must one use to make one ton of fiberglass.

If you cannot answer this question you do not know enough about global warming to be taken seriously.

Lordy, lordy, Mdn, you are really intent on proving yourself to be a total idiot.

Over 7% of Oregon's power is now supplied by wind. As for the rest of your drivel, whatever you are smoking has completely fried your brain.

Lordy, lordy, Mdn, you are really intent on proving yourself to be a total idiot.

Over 7% of Oregon's power is now supplied by wind. As for the rest of your drivel, whatever you are smoking has completely fried your brain.

Oooh ... a whole 7% ... that's so much ... what will they do with all that extra power ...

... I know, stop having to buy 50% of it from our coal plants here in Washington.

Old Crock has gone off half cocked, Hansen faked data, Hansen used tempertures of summer months for the fall months data, Hansen got caught by his peers, Old Crock knew this and knows this but when Global Warming is based entirely on lies than the zealots just have to stick the lie until they tire everyone out.

Chris, boy are you stupid, your link is for C02 measured coming out of a volcanoe, talk about being a moron. So why should I even respond to anything else you post.

MIT study, great study, go ahead and post something from it. Old Crock did, I than used the same study to show that what Old Crock thought the study said the study actually did not say. So maybe you got a different study Chris.

Either way it dont matter, so far the solutions have dramatically increased the level of C02 in the air, building windmills is increasing C02, building solar farms increase the level of C02.

Building a wind farm is like using a pick up truck to mine for Silica, one windmill needs over 250 tons of silica, imagine using a Ford F-150 to move that amount of Silica, imangine building a fleet of Ford trucks to move that Silica when you can use a train. Why do they use the train, simple, it uses less energy.

A wind farm's output is so weak it literally uses more power than it ever supplies.

So here is the challenge that the dumb ass moron's like Chris and Old Crock cannot answer, how much energy and which types of energy must one use to make one ton of fiberglass.

If you cannot answer this question you do not know enough about global warming to be taken seriously.

Nice try at changing the subject.

But this thread is not about wind farms.

When faced with an undeniable truth, the right will do one of two things....

Personal insult or change the subject.

You have done both.

You have done both.

:doubt: Really ... you make flimsy or completely bad connections based on flawed science yet when someone connects the dots for real they are "trying to change the subject" ... I see you can't counter his position .... I'm sure lots of people see that now.

You have done both.

:doubt: Really ... you make flimsy or completely bad connections based on flawed science yet when someone connects the dots for real they are "trying to change the subject" ... I see you can't counter his position .... I'm sure lots of people see that now.

No, actually every major scientific society in every country ON THE EARTH agrees with my position.

But Glenn Beck probably agrees with you.

You have done both.

No, actually every major scientific society in every country ON THE EARTH agrees with my position.

No ... only 34% of those scientific communities agree with you, the ones you are using are just government funded ones or those owned by "green" companies.

You have done both.

So instead of running your mouth prove it, you just posted a link to C02 levels of a volcanoe, talk about being dumb, further I have many posts showing that you cannot support your arguement, how come you are in this thread ignoring all those other posts.

I have looked at two of your links, the MIT link is nothing more than a puff piece put out by MIT.

Chris, if you could actually debate you would counter what is already posted, maybe you have, I will go check, I cannot wait.

So far one source was for C02 from a volcano, the other was just an article that way pure political MIT bullshit. No data, no proof, just an aritcle claiming the greatness.

So that is your arguement.

Hmmm........ Every time someone does a serious study on this, the Hockey Stick Graph just gets more confirmation.

Novel Analysis Confirms Climate "Hockey Stick" Graph: Scientific American

The “hockey stick” graph has been both a linchpin and target in the climate change debate. As a plot of average Northern Hemisphere temperature from two millennia ago to the present, it stays relatively flat until the 20th century, when it rises up sharply, like the blade of an upturned hockey stick. Warming skeptics have long decried how the temperatures were inferred, but a new reconstruction of the past 600 years, using an entirely different method, finds similar results and may help remove lingering doubts.

The hockey stick came to life in 1998 thanks to the work of Michael Mann, now at Pennsylvania State University, and his colleagues (and many other climate scientists who subsequently refined the graph). Reconstructing historical temperatures is difficult: investigators must combine information from tree rings, coral drilling, pinecones, ice cores and other natural records and then convert them to temperatures at specific times and places in the past. Such proxies for temperature can be sparse or incomplete, both geographically and through time. Mann’s method used the overlap, where it exists, of recent proxy data and instrument data (such as from thermometers) to estimate relations between them. It calculates earlier temperatures using a mathematical extrapolation technique [see “Behind the Hockey Stick,” by David Appell, Insights; Scientific American, March 2005].

The link below shows the tree ring analysis of Mann as the Royal Blue line that seems to not look much like a hockey stick. Maybe a Jai Lai racket or a LaCrosse stick. First Baseman's glove?

File:2000 Year Temperature Comparison.png - Global Warming Art

Atmospheric CO2 has almost doubled in the last 200 years.

The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is at its highest level in 600,000 years.

The Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years, and yet the ice cap and the glaciers continue to melt.

We continue to pump billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year.

These are the facts.

Nice rant, lets see if you can answer a simple question, how many tons does the atmosphere weigh? You should know, right, after all your smart and intelligent, you must of put these supposed facts into perspective, so how much does the atmosphere weigh?

If you cannot defend one simple statement you make by answering a simple question than you must admit by being silent that your an idiot without a clue.

Oooh ... a whole 7% ... that's so much ... what will they do with all that extra power ...

... I know, stop having to buy 50% of it from our coal plants here in Washington.

So far Old Crock has yet to prove this, I challenged you when you stated Oregon can supply power to all of seattle and portland, that was a pure lie, sure you linked to an article but the article was nothing but propaganda.

Oregon has installed enough wind mills that have the potential to supply 7% of Oregon's power, yet they do not, they supply less than 1%.

Still to put this is perspective Old Crock must tell us how much energy is used to produce one ton of fiberglass.

Old Crock if you are as smart as you say you are how come you cannot answer one basic question on the science you claim to know so much about.

The answer to my question proves beyond any doubt that Wind farms suck. Hell they only provide power 6% of the year, thats it. In theory they disregard that the wind does not blow all year at sufficient force to spin the windmill.

So how much energy and which types does it take to produce one ton of fiberglass. Cant answer than you are all full of shit.

No ... only 34% of those scientific communities agree with you, the ones you are using are just government funded ones or those owned by "green" companies.

Link?

So far Old Crock has yet to prove this, I challenged you when you stated Oregon can supply power to all of seattle and portland, that was a pure lie, sure you linked to an article but the article was nothing but propaganda.

Oregon has installed enough wind mills that have the potential to supply 7% of Oregon's power, yet they do not, they supply less than 1%.

Still to put this is perspective Old Crock must tell us how much energy is used to produce one ton of fiberglass.

Old Crock if you are as smart as you say you are how come you cannot answer one basic question on the science you claim to know so much about.

The answer to my question proves beyond any doubt that Wind farms suck. Hell they only provide power 6% of the year, thats it. In theory they disregard that the wind does not blow all year at sufficient force to spin the windmill.

So how much energy and which types does it take to produce one ton of fiberglass. Cant answer than you are all full of shit.

He won't answer ... he can't answer, and I think Oregon also buys a lot of energy from California, but that's just an assumption on my part. I have always hated Oregon buying our energy ... it's driving our costs up.

So instead of running your mouth prove it, you just posted a link to C02 levels of a volcanoe, talk about being dumb, further I have many posts showing that you cannot support your arguement, how come you are in this thread ignoring all those other posts.

I have looked at two of your links, the MIT link is nothing more than a puff piece put out by MIT.

Chris, if you could actually debate you would counter what is already posted, maybe you have, I will go check, I cannot wait.

So far one source was for C02 from a volcano, the other was just an article that way pure political MIT bullshit. No data, no proof, just an aritcle claiming the greatness.

So that is your arguement.

Are you 15 years old?

Atmospheric CO2 has almost doubled in the last 200 years.

The amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is at its highest level in 600,000 years.

The Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years, and yet the ice cap and the glaciers continue to melt.

We continue to pump billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year.

These are the facts.

Nice rant, lets see if you can answer a simple question, how many tons does the atmosphere weigh? You should know, right, after all your smart and intelligent, you must of put these supposed facts into perspective, so how much does the atmosphere weigh?

If you cannot defend one simple statement you make by answering a simple question than you must admit by being silent that your an idiot without a clue.

Good question.

I have a question for you.

Is the mass of the atmosphere increasing or decreasing?

You have done both.

What is your position? Articulate it.

Man-made CO2 is causing the earth to warm. This could be disasterous, depending on the activity level of the Sun. We need to move toward alternative made-in-America energy sources and CONSERVATION. We waste an enormous amount of energy.

We have the technology available to us now, and in the long run it will help us because we won't be as dependent on foreign oil. Our dependence on foreign oil is the greatest national security problem we face.

Man-made CO2 is causing the earth to warm. This could be disasterous, depending on the activity level of the Sun. We need to move toward alternative made-in-America energy sources and CONSERVATION. We waste an enormous amount of energy.

We have the technology available to us now, and in the long run it will help us because we won't be as dependent on foreign oil. Our dependence on foreign oil is the greatest national security problem we face.

So ... then stop breathing ... each breath you exhale, and that of all other animals, is CO2.

So ... then stop breathing ... each breath you exhale, and that of all other animals, is CO2.

Don't worry.

We will all stop breathing one day.

The part highlighted in blue is very likely just wrong. Man Made CO2 is only about 3% of the total emitted annually. The other 97% will continue if the man made part stops entirely which it won't.

The part in red, I heartily agree with.

Forum List

Back