Science proves there really was an Adam and Eve...

You know, National Geographic did a documentary on this a few years back titled "The Human Family Tree", and it said the very same thing.

But, one of the things that they found was really kind of interesting. In doing the research on the human genome, they found that the genetic Eve actually came AFTER the genetic Adam, and interestingly, that correlates with what is written in the Jewish version of Genesis. It seems that originally, Adam and Eve were created together, and because Eve wanted to be equal, and Adam wouldn't allow it, she uttered the secret name of God and disappeared.

God then saw that Adam was alone, and decided to make another Eve for him, this time out of his rib, which is where the Christian story starts.

Adam wouldn't let Eve be equal? What the hell does that even mean? He wouldn't let her get a job? He wouldn't let her drive the car? This sounds like a really stupid story.

I would be interested in how the data from the study resulted in such a conclusion.

hard to believe the Earth was populated by just one couple
birthrates/survival rates were a lot lower back ''then''
no modern medicine/hospitals/etc
no modern sanitation/etc
I call bullshit

According to lore, Lillyth, a spirit, was with Adam. He made her furious because he would not let her be on top. She removed herself to the desert where her job was to sit on men's faces and smother infants in their cribs.
Mothers would sing lullabies to their children to keep them safe. Lullaby means, "Lillyth be gone". That she was in the Garden isn't substantiated through the Bible. But according to Solomon, she did exist.

The Bible doesn't say how long Adam was in the Garden before God created Eve, but she did come after Adam.

Last edited:
I would be interested in how the data from the study resulted in such a conclusion.

You can read the paper here. The actual claim is on page 22:

More approaches have been brought to bear on the emergence and outgrowth of Homo sapiens sapiens (i.e., modern humans) than any other species including full genome sequence analysis of thousands of individuals and tens of thousands of mitochondria, paleontology, anthropology, history and linguistics [61, 142-144]. The congruence of these fields supports the view that modern human mitochondria and Y chromosome originated from conditions that imposed a single sequence on these genetic elements between 100,000 and 200,000 years ago [145-147]. Contemporary sequence data cannot tell whether mitochondrial and Y chromosomes clonality occurred at the same time, i.e., consistent with the extreme bottleneck of a founding pair, or via sorting within a founding population of thousands that was stable for tens of thousands of years [116].
So it sounds like they can't actually demonstrate a "founding pair" conclusively. I'm not sure myself which of those two hypotheses (founding pair vs stable founding population) is really more likely. I haven't read the full paper but I'm also not sure I'd fully understand the data if I did. It seems like this article is more of a theoretical treatise using data from other empirical studies, rather than containing new data.

no modern sanitation/etc
I call bullshit
Adam and Eve’s kids were fuckin’ up a storm. So much incest it was starting to look like the incoming GOP congress

Adam wouldn't let Eve be equal? What the hell does that even mean? He wouldn't let her get a job? He wouldn't let her drive the car? This sounds like a really stupid story.

The Irish Ram told you what the story was all about in post 7.

Sorry that you don't like it, but that is what the Jewish lore says. And, fwiw, the OT isn't a Christian book, it's a Jewish one. The first books of the Bible are actually supposed to be the Torah, and the rest of the OT is basically a history of the Israelites.

no modern sanitation/etc
I call bullshit
Adam and Eve’s kids were fuckin’ up a storm. So much incest it was starting to look like the incoming GOP congress
I asked a christian about that--incest--he said ''it wasn't incest back then'' !!!!!!!!

no modern sanitation/etc
I call bullshit
I asked a christian about that--incest--he said ''it wasn't incest back then'' !!!!!!!!
It was rock n roll baby! Why do you think they’re so bent on getting America to how it was “back then?” :lmao:

no modern sanitation/etc
I call bullshit
It was rock n roll baby! Why do you think they’re so bent on getting America to how it was “back then?” :lmao:
they have a ridiculous answer for everything

the data merely shows that we have a most common recent male ancestor and a most common recent female ancestor. It absolutely does not show that all of humanity descended from one pair of humans.

but we also know they did not live at the same time or at the same place. So that disproves the Adam and Eve myth.

Actually, no it doesn't. If you check the original Jewish texts, there were actually 2 Eves. One was created at the same time Adam was, but she demanded equality, and Adam wouldn't give it to her, so she uttered the secret name of God and disappeared. After God saw how lonely Adam was without a mate, it was then that He created Eve from Adam's rib.

The original Eve became known as Lillith.

Actually, no it doesn't.
Of course, it disproves it utterly. The myth that one couple lived at the same time and I the same place and produced all humans is probably, demonstrably false. No, a "second Eve" imagined by someone does not help.

Forum List

Back