*Science Finds *God Particle*: Changes Everything**

Sorry bout that,

Don't waste your breath. CWN's brain is smaller and more elusive than the "God" particle.

1. So *kwc57*, you admit there is a *God Particle*?
2. Seeing you do, you believe in God.
3. An Atheist who just got pawned by God.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Do I believe in God? Well of course I do. I have a degree in Religion from a Southern Baptist University and spent some time in the ministry. The issue here is that you don't understand what scientists CALL the "God: particle. It has nothing to actually do with God or proving God.

So you would say it is something that has no explanation ?

God particle found 11 years ago?...
:confused:
God particle may have been found 11 years ago
May 16, 2011 - THE most elusive prize in modern physics, the Higgs boson particle, may have been spotted 11 years ago, say scientists at Cern, the European particle physics centre.
They have re-examined data collected in 2000 by the Large Electron-Positron collider, a particle accelerator that once occupied Cern's 27km research tunnel near Geneva. During its last weeks in operation, the research spotted a handful of collisions between subatomic particles that had all the hallmarks of having produced the so-called God particle. Its discovery could help scientists solve one of the biggest questions in physics: why matter has mass.

Back in 2000, there was still too much uncertainty about the data for researchers to be sure that they had found the the fabled boson. Furthermore, the observations could not be repeated because the machine had to be switched off at the end of 2000, to make way for the Large Hadron Collider, which now occupies the tunnels.

John Ellis, a leading theoretical physicist at Cern, said: "It is a fact that the most plausible value for the Higgs boson is now in the 115-120 gigaelectronvolt range, which is where the LEP machine was looking and which may well have found it."

Source

Sorry bout that,

1. The problem we have here is science found a particle that gives everything its mass.
2. And we see God gave mankind Mass.
3. So the world is in harmony, God gives all things its mass, in the microscopic, and in our faith, when we all gather together, like a atom, during Mass.
4. Its easy to see Gods behind it, and the proof of it is the mocking of the scientists.
5. Mock on!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. It does seem Hawking heard about the, *God Particle*, and said to himself, "Self, I didn't even think that there may be a *Particle of God* in atoms, so how dumb am I?"
2. Anyway, he woke up recently and started to attack God, *The Creator*.
3. Could prove to be another mistake on his part.
:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. So *kwc57*, you admit there is a *God Particle*?
2. Seeing you do, you believe in God.
3. An Atheist who just got pawned by God.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Do I believe in God? Well of course I do. I have a degree in Religion from a Southern Baptist University and spent some time in the ministry. The issue here is that you don't understand what scientists CALL the "God: particle. It has nothing to actually do with God or proving God.

So you would say it is something that has no explanation ?

"IT" being what? The God Particle? Sure it has an explanation. Scientist have a theory and conduct tests to try and prove it.

Sorry bout that,

1. Well they went and did it, found a secret particle of, *GOD*.
2. This will in-fact change history if it can be verified.
3. All people of science will have to stop attacking God now.
4. Seeing theres proof that God is indeed the, *Real Deal*.
5. It would be stupid if they kept bashing Gods existence now.
6. We shall see, I have always stood by God, knowing that this is all *HIS*.
7. We just borrow what we have while we are here.
8. LINK:Scientists Abuzz Over Controversial Rumor that God Particle Has Been Detected - Yahoo! News

"Scientists Abuzz Over Controversial Rumor that God Particle Has Been Detected
retweet
EmailPrint..Mike Wall, Senior Writer,
LiveScience.com Mike Wall, Senior Writer,
livescience.com – Mon Apr 25, 8:00 am ET
A rumor is floating around the physics community that the world's largest atom smasher may have detected a long-sought subatomic particle called the Higgs boson, also known as the "God particle."

The controversial rumor is based on what appears to be a leaked internal note from physicists at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), a 17-mile-long particle accelerator near Geneva, Switzerland. It's not entirely clear at this point if the memo is authentic, or what the data it refers to might mean — but the note already has researchers talking.

The buzz started when an anonymous commenter recently posted an abstract of the note on Columbia University mathematician Peter Woit's blog, Not Even Wrong.

Some physicists say the note may be a hoax, while others believe the "detection" is likely a statistical anomaly that will disappear upon further study. But the find would be a huge particle-physics breakthrough, if it holds up.

"If it were to be real, it would be really exciting," said physicist Sheldon Stone of Syracuse University.

Hunting for the Higgs

The Higgs boson is predicted to exist by prevailing particle-physics theory, which is known as the Standard Model. Physicists think the Higgs bestows mass on all the other particles — but they have yet to confirm its existence.

Huge atom smashers — like the LHC and the Tevatron, at Fermilab in Illinois — are searching for the Higgs and other subatomic bits of matter. These accelerators slam particles together at enormous speeds, generating a shower of other particles that could include the Higgs or other elemental pieces predicted by theory but yet to be detected."

9. Huggy needs a huggie now.:clap2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The true name scientist nicknamed the so-called "god particle" is "That god damned Particle" because of its need in theortical calculations yet was too elusive too isolate experimentally. It was never considered a particle of "god" or anything pertaining to any religious beliefs.

I was just waiting for a believer to read too much in this find. See what happens when you don't verify what you are being told? I bet you still don't!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back