Science explains the existence of God.

faith, religon, God, have not been able to make humans rational at all. In fact humans are very irrational. Look at the state of human interaction. If humans had or have religion they have used it to justify their wars, genocide, rape, pillage, or they just ignore the tenets of their faith and sin anyway.

Yes. It is a shame that the religious do not act religiously.

Regards
DL

Oh so THAT's the intent.
You're not interested in changing minds and controlling thoughts, you just want everyone to "act" more "religiously".

The real shame is your cowardice.
You should have simply posted, "I'm hella smarter than everyone else" and left it at that.

:confused::confused:

Faith is a crutch to replace walking well and thinking.
Duh. I don't know. Duh, it must be God.

Regards
DL
Faith is not a crutch. It wouldnt help with your gate or clarity of thought.

I'm sorry, but blind faith is most definitely a crutch for many, many people (though not all of them). When it's said that faith is a crutch to replace thinking, the meaning isn't that faith makes you think better, it's that faith is an emotional crutch that allows one to feel secure about shit without actually having to take the time and effort to understand that shit, or without having to admit to themselves that that shit is beyond knowing (given current human technology and knowledge) and yield to the spooky unknown.

Simply put, -blind- faith is, for most of its users, anti-intellectual comfort food.

I think I understand how crutch is meant, but it's a common pejorative. It's really common for people to poke at a dedicated lifestyle which neglects core aspects of their own daily/religious activities and beliefs. I'm a runner and a workaholic. To that fat welfare chic, my exercise is a crutch for this reason, and my work ethic a crutch for that.

Forum List

Back