Science explains the existence of God.

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNSe4Ff57n4&feature=player_embedded]Professor Sapolsky Explains the Origin of Religion Part 1/2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haBLjVqrrjM](1) Religion is a mental disorder - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDbesQQi9yc]The Dragon in My Garage - YouTube[/ame]

Without a personal apotheosis, all who claim that God is real without any personal knowledge --- without a clear logic trail --- are just lying to themselves as well as others.

All who claim a God are also idol worshipping. They have just pasted their bible pages onto a golden calf. They think they have hidden the calf’s shape but it is still discernible under the manmade WORD of God. To have a Godinabook is to idol worship.

Most that follow a religion do not really follow it. They only follow tradition and cultures based on old tribal ways.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY]Richard Dawkins What if scientists worked like religions? - YouTube[/ame]

Are you an idol worshipper or do you fall under the first link’s definition?

If not, give the logic trail to your God.

Regards
DL

P. S. Most will see this O P as an attack on those who believe. If you do, then you should know that I am not an atheist but call myself a Gnostic Christian and do believe in a Godhead. It is just not supernatural and is not immoral the way the bible God is portrayed to be.

Professor Sapolsky Explains the Origin of Religion Part 1/2 - YouTube

(1) Religion is a mental disorder - YouTube

The Dragon in My Garage - YouTube

Without a personal apotheosis, all who claim that God is real without any personal knowledge --- without a clear logic trail --- are just lying to themselves as well as others.

All who claim a God are also idol worshipping. They have just pasted their bible pages onto a golden calf. They think they have hidden the calf’s shape but it is still discernible under the manmade WORD of God. To have a Godinabook is to idol worship.

Most that follow a religion do not really follow it. They only follow tradition and cultures based on old tribal ways.

Richard Dawkins What if scientists worked like religions? - YouTube

Are you an idol worshipper or do you fall under the first link’s definition?

If not, give the logic trail to your God.

Regards
DL

P. S. Most will see this O P as an attack on those who believe. If you do, then you should know that I am not an atheist but call myself a Gnostic Christian and do believe in a Godhead. It is just not supernatural and is not immoral the way the bible God is portrayed to be.

What the fuck do you care if people want to, in your words, "lie to themselves"?
Get a hobby.

What the fuck do you care if people want to, in your words, "lie to themselves"?
Get a hobby.

Why. So that you and your ilk can do all your immoral crap without resistance?
That is really what you want is it not?

I have my hobby and your ilk is it.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1]Religulous [part 1] - YouTube[/ame]

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related]In The name Of Jesus: Child Witches (1 of 2) - YouTube[/ame]

Jesus Camp 1of 9
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBv8tv62yGM]Jesus Camp 1of 9.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Promoting death to Gays.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BVzw&feature=related]Rachel Maddow interviews David Bahati - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

I'm a logic fan and a faithful person.

Logical does not pre-qualify rational, and faith is a challenge to believe (in God) notwithstanding our primitive thought process (rationality, cause/effect, etc).

Get a hobby.

Why. So that you and your ilk can do all your immoral crap without resistance?
That is really what you want is it not?

I have my hobby and your ilk is it.

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1]Religulous [part 1] - YouTube[/ame]

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related]In The name Of Jesus: Child Witches (1 of 2) - YouTube[/ame]

Jesus Camp 1of 9
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBv8tv62yGM]Jesus Camp 1of 9.flv - YouTube[/ame]

Promoting death to Gays.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BVzw&feature=related]Rachel Maddow interviews David Bahati - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

UberFail!!!

You confuse my commitment to a human's right to worship however he or she likes or even not at all with those you automatically toss into the "radical, Christian conservative" box.

If you truly knew what I were about, you'd shit your pants and swear off politics and religion for life.

Logical does not pre-qualify rational, and faith is a challenge to believe (in God) notwithstanding our primitive thought process (rationality, cause/effect, etc).

:confused::confused:

Faith is a crutch to replace walking well and thinking.
Duh. I don't know. Duh, it must be God.

Regards
DL

[

UberFail!!!

You confuse my commitment to a human's right to worship however he or she likes or even not at all with those you automatically toss into the "radical, Christian conservative" box.

If you truly knew what I were about, you'd shit your pants and swear off politics and religion for life.

Not if it means losing my social conscience and allowing injustice to go unchallenged like you seem to have done.

Come on and make me shit. We all want to see what you have for a brain.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Faith is not a crutch. It wouldnt help with your gate or clarity of thought.

Regards
DL

I'm sorry, but blind faith is most definitely a crutch for many, many people (though not all of them). When it's said that faith is a crutch to replace thinking, the meaning isn't that faith makes you think better, it's that faith is an emotional crutch that allows one to feel secure about shit without actually having to take the time and effort to understand that shit, or without having to admit to themselves that that shit is beyond knowing (given current human technology and knowledge) and yield to the spooky unknown.

Simply put, -blind- faith is, for most of its users, anti-intellectual comfort food.

I'm sorry, but blind faith is most definitely a crutch for many, many people (though not all of them). When it's said that faith is a crutch to replace thinking, the meaning isn't that faith makes you think better, it's that faith is an emotional crutch that allows one to feel secure about shit without actually having to take the time and effort to understand that shit, or without having to admit to themselves that that shit is beyond knowing (given current human technology and knowledge) and yield to the spooky unknown.

Simply put, -blind- faith is, for most of its users, anti-intellectual comfort food.

And I would submit that baseless attacks against faith and the "faithful" are the same thing.
An attempt to change minds so that no knowing what the hell one is talking about feels better.

It's simply astounding to me to see people exert so much effort in attempting to convince the vast majority of humanity that it's wrong.
Believe or don't believe. Who gives a shit?
Get over it and move on.

If you want to have these questions answered, I recommend watching H2's (The History Channel 2) series Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, and find the episode "Did we invent God?".

They're replaying it on the weekends (and some weekdays). If you have H2 and can find it, I highly recommend watching it.

If you want to have these questions answered, I recommend watching H2's (The History Channel 2) series Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, and find the episode "Did we invent God?"

i haven't seen that series but the title implies a backwards approach to the "god problem"

not that this is a recent issue (heh) it has been pondered for centuries, a good place to look is philosophy for "prime mover"

google.com/search?num=30&hl=en&safe=off&q=philosophy+prime+mover

basically - everything humans have ever seen on planet earth & space for all of history has some kind of "cause effect" relationship. examples - steam bubbling up from water is the effect, the cause is heat applied, effect sun rising in the east, cause earth rotates around the sun, effect females get pregnant after sex with males, cause little spermules etc

so looking at time & space in their entirety, clearly these things exist, but how & who created them ? have time & space existed for all eternity ? entropy says energy is decreasing blah blah blah

whatever, so to me the arguments for a "prime mover" or "god force" are fairly straightforward. the choice is either some kind of "god force" started the universe, or LOLOL the universe kind of runs itself

this is just the "god" part, connecting this self-evident proof of god to a specific religion is much more difficult. i'm quite the skeptic for miracles being written down on paper as proof, but REST ASSURED if i was personally there to witness this magic then for sure i would be convinced of that persons power & would listen closely to what they said

then science fiction enters the picture as quote from somewhere, "any sufficiently advanced technology cannot be distinguished from magic". it really is possible that aliens landed on earth a lonnnnnng time ago, convinced the pre-humans back then of their special powers, and so another cargo cult begins...

on the other hand, all of us presumably will be dead someday & many religions claim that after death the final proof will be delivered to each of us personally. sadly they also claim that to receive the benefits of that religion we must believe & act on those beliefs BEFORE we die. and yes, this does seem the perfect setup for a scam...

faith, religon, God, have not been able to make humans rational at all. In fact humans are very irrational. Look at the state of human interaction. If humans had or have religion they have used it to justify their wars, genocide, rape, pillage, or they just ignore the tenets of their faith and sin anyway.

[q

Simply put, -blind- faith is, for most of its users, anti-intellectual comfort food.[/QUOTE]

Well put.

Let me give you food for thought about Christianity and faith.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”
Martin Luther

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPAC_cGVnUg&feature=related]Why does faith deserve respect? - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

faith, religon, God, have not been able to make humans rational at all. In fact humans are very irrational. Look at the state of human interaction. If humans had or have religion they have used it to justify their wars, genocide, rape, pillage, or they just ignore the tenets of their faith and sin anyway.

Yes. It is a shame that the religious do not act religiously.

Regards
DL

If you want to have these questions answered, I recommend watching H2's (The History Channel 2) series Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, and find the episode "Did we invent God?".

They're replaying it on the weekends (and some weekdays). If you have H2 and can find it, I highly recommend watching it.

I will check it out. Thanks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm971ltF44A]Through the Wormhole S3E10 Did We Invent God? HQ - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back