Schwarzenegger Calls for Pot Debate

If marajuana is legalized for use and cultivation, the chance that the goverment would get any substantial tax revenue from sales of marijuana is unlikely. Marajuana is easy to grow and most people would simply grow their own.

Leagalization would however destroy the drug cartels.

don't you know it? everybody with a brain cell left would grow their own..

Schwarzenegger Calls for Pot DebateAOL / Wire Services
posted: 3 HOURS 16 MINUTES AGOcomments: 658filed under: National NewsPrintShareText SizeAAADAVIS, Calif. (May 6) - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger says it's time for a debate on whether to legalize marijuana, though he says he's not supporting the idea.
Schwarzenegger spoke Tuesday in Davis during an event to promote wildfire safety. The Republican governor, whose term in office expires at the end of next year, was asked about the idea of treating pot like alcohol.

Schwazenegger Marijuana Debate

The time has come to seriously consider this.

I wonder how long before Boss Limbaugh and the rightwing purges Arnie out of the republican party? :confused:

posted: 3 HOURS 16 MINUTES AGOcomments: 658filed under: National NewsPrintShareText SizeAAADAVIS, Calif. (May 6) - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger says it's time for a debate on whether to legalize marijuana, though he says he's not supporting the idea.
Schwarzenegger spoke Tuesday in Davis during an event to promote wildfire safety. The Republican governor, whose term in office expires at the end of next year, was asked about the idea of treating pot like alcohol.

I wonder how long before Boss Limbaugh and the rightwing purges Arnie out of the republican party? :confused:

soon I hope, he is an embarassment.

The Governator has already been tagged a RINO, it's just a matter of time before he is forced to go the route of Spector, or he could leave politics altogether.

Then he could make a new movie about Limbaugh called 'Look Honey, I shrank the Republican Party'.

I have a feeling this term as governor will be his last gig, with any party.
Maybe his wife Maria should be running for some office, because it appears she is wearing the "Fruit of the Looms" in that family.

If marajuana is legalized for use and cultivation, the chance that the goverment would get any substantial tax revenue from sales of marijuana is unlikely. Marajuana is easy to grow and most people would simply grow their own.

thats not really true at all. If regulated pot were graded above the usual ditch weed homegrown then why would anyone grow what they could buy easily? It's similar with alcohol. Sure, you CAN make your own beer. You CAN make your own wine. And many do. But, how often have you ever fermented anything? And, if so, has your product ever been as standardized and of the same quality as what you can buy as any gas station? Not to mention, that it's illegal to ferment MORE than a specific gallon per year (I think 100 gallons). This about that. THAT is a lot of 750ml bottles of wine. But, does anyone ever make that much? Not only that, but TAX THE PARIPH. Sure, anyone with a nail and a can can smoke pot but, srsly.. do you WANT to? Wouldn't you rather pay a surgharge on a bong instead of hiding from the law?

The Governator has already been tagged a RINO, it's just a matter of time before he is forced to go the route of Spector, or he could leave politics altogether.

Then he could make a new movie about Limbaugh called 'Look Honey, I shrank the Republican Party'.

Arnie is too dumb to run california.

His smart Kennedy wife is making the decisions. And she looks like she was a total pot head stoner in her youth.

i disagree. See above.

Arnie is too dumb to run california.

His smart Kennedy wife is making the decisions. And she looks like she was a total pot head stoner in her youth.

Yep,, she's smart okay,, she and the democwats have run California into a 42 billion dollar deficit,, if you think that's smart I can't help you. now they resort to drugging all the citizens so they can run amuck and everybody is too stoned to care.

thats not really true at all. If regulated pot were graded above the usual ditch weed homegrown then why would anyone grow what they could buy easily? It's similar with alcohol. Sure, you CAN make your own beer. You CAN make your own wine. And many do. But, how often have you ever fermented anything? And, if so, has your product ever been as standardized and of the same quality as what you can buy as any gas station? Not to mention, that it's illegal to ferment MORE than a specific gallon per year (I think 100 gallons). This about that. THAT is a lot of 750ml bottles of wine. But, does anyone ever make that much? Not only that, but TAX THE PARIPH. Sure, anyone with a nail and a can can smoke pot but, srsly.. do you WANT to? Wouldn't you rather pay a surgharge on a bong instead of hiding from the law?

It's quite a bit more of a hassle to distill your own booze than throw a handful of seeds in the flower bed; but I agre that if it was priced reasonably most would probably buy rather than grow.

I think drug prohibitions of any kind should be left up to the states. The DEA is unconstitutional.

Tenth Amendment:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Anybody can grow high grade marajuana. It's easy.

I'm not saying that every single person who uses marajuana would grow their own and some might prefer to buy it but there would be plenty of people who would grow it and they would become a supply for their friends that don't grow it.

Unlike wine and beer, there is nothing to make. Simply put the seeds in a pot of soil, add water and sun and in a few months you'll have a plant that will produce pounds of marajuana.

It's quite a bit more of a hassle to distill your own booze than throw a handful of seeds in the flower bed; but I agre that if it was priced reasonably most would probably buy rather than grow.

It is, but the medical marijuana which is grown in California is substantially better than homegrown stuff, even by people who really know what they are doing. Pot actually isn't that easy to grow, not really good stuff anyway.

i disagree. See above.

I grow my own tomatoes ,, it wouldn't be a problem to lay in some marijuana,, put some in pots around the deck..:lol:

are you going to hang 20 plants for curing just anywhere? Can you sex a plant? Look at how much space it takes to grow illicit batches.. Are you about to tell your kids that the fam can't get a pool for the pack yard because daddy's got a harvest coming up? How much pot would you plan on growing after the fall? Do you think your BEST effort could match the quality product created with patented seeds used by the Phillip Morris of pot companies?

Sure, anyone can grow a weed. But, with better options at the store would you really want to smoke it.

(and I didn'st say anything about distilling, which remains against the law for good reason. And, to be honest.. fermenting is NOT hard.. but chances are your product won't touch what you can buy in a 6 pack for 5 bucks.

It is, but the medical marijuana which is grown in California is substantially better than homegrown stuff, even by people who really know what they are doing. Pot actually isn't that easy to grow, not really good stuff anyway.

that is EXACTLY my point. Hell, a federal penitentiary prisoner can ferment ketchup and orange juice too.. but does this really compare with a nice bottle of scotch? no. it doesnt.

Anybody can grow high grade marajuana. It's easy.

I'm not saying that every single person who uses marajuana would grow their own and some might prefer to buy it but there would be plenty of people who would grow it and they would become a supply for their friends that don't grow it.

Unlike wine and beer, there is nothing to make. Simply put the seeds in a pot of soil, add water and sun and in a few months you'll have a plant that will produce pounds of marajuana.

Have you ever grown a plant that reached higher than 9 inches? I'm betting not.

Forum List

Back