Schwarzenegger Calls for Pot Debate

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
Schwarzenegger Calls for Pot DebateAOL / Wire Services
posted: 3 HOURS 16 MINUTES AGOcomments: 658filed under: National NewsPrintShareText SizeAAADAVIS, Calif. (May 6) - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger says it's time for a debate on whether to legalize marijuana, though he says he's not supporting the idea.
Schwarzenegger spoke Tuesday in Davis during an event to promote wildfire safety. The Republican governor, whose term in office expires at the end of next year, was asked about the idea of treating pot like alcohol.

Schwazenegger Marijuana Debate

The time has come to seriously consider this.

Meh ... pot is no worse than cigs and alcohol really. I don't like it, but then I don't drink either. The only reason I see for keeping it illegal is because of how easy it is to grow, if they did legalize it there would be no way to regulate it at all.

I don't see any reason for it not to be decriminalized. Laws to enforce morality never work.

I don't see any reason for it not to be decriminalized. Laws to enforce morality never work.

oh for sure, it's all about morality.. :lol: he wants to legalize it so he can get his sorry lame azzed failure of a govenor out of debt,, he's taxed his citizens to the point of a revolution so once again he caves to the hard left's agenda of legalizing drugs.. we can't have guns cause they kill people but let's legalize drugs cause they are just so much fun..

oh for sure, it's all about morality.. :lol: he wants to legalize it so he can get his sorry lame azzed failure of a govenor out of debt,, he's taxed his citizens to the point of a revolution so once again he caves to the hard left's agenda of legalizing drugs.. we can't have guns cause they kill people but let's legalize drugs cause they are just so much fun..

If it's not about morality, why is it illegal?

do a little research..

wonder why we made lead paint illegal,, maybe we should reverse that! waddya think?

wonder why we made lead paint illegal,, maybe we should reverse that! waddya think?

Why is it that neo-con christian fascist always melt down to nonsense in any debate?

How about the truth dipshit. The far right in both parties has always tried to reduce the voter roles in non white segments of society. Making someone a felon is as easy as any way to keep minorities from voting.

My brother has smoked pot every day for over 40 years. His mental capacity is just fine. He owns a new Vette, his own home on the waterfront which he built. And no he does not deal drugs. He is a salesman. I don't smoke pot but to say it will ruin your life is total crap.

People fail for all kinds of reasons. It is usually not the fault of exterior sources like ahlcohol or other drugs.

On the issue of legalizing pot I see about the same number of proponents from both sides. I don't think it's good to have another such substance myself, but as I said, it's no worse than alcohol. However you do have a good point about the taxes in Cal., and you are most likely correct in the reasoning Arnold is pushing for it.

Why is it that neo-con christian fascist always melt down to nonsense in any debate?

How about the truth dipshit. The far right in both parties has always tried to reduce the voter roles in non white segments of society. Making someone a felon is as easy as any way to keep minorities from voting.

My brother has smoked pot every day for over 40 years. His mental capacity is just fine. He owns a new Vette, his own home on the waterfront which he built. And no he does not deal drugs. He is a salesman. I don't smoke pot but to say it will ruin your life is total crap.

People fail for all kinds of reasons. It is usually not the fault of exterior sources like ahlcohol or other drugs.

it's not nonsense.. she asked why if we weren't dealing with morality why pot was illegal,, same reason lead paint is illegal.. and that's not crap.

If there was a huge organized crime element driven by profits from smuggling lead paint to meet the huge demand for it, there might be a point to consider it.

Ain't much of a demand by folks for lead paint.

it's not nonsense.. she asked why if we weren't dealing with morality why pot was illegal,, same reason lead paint is illegal.. and that's not crap.

Lead in paint was made illegal because there were health hazards with little benefit. It wasn't made illegal to stymie demand.

Pot was first made illegal because Mexican immigrants were smoking it. It then because caught up in the same anti-drug and alcohol fevor that resulted in alcohol being criminalized, largely with a campaign of disinfomation and outright fabrication about its effects and danger.

Marijuana - The First Twelve Thousand Years - Reefer Racism

The Antecedents: Criminalization of Narcotics and Alcohol

Lead in paint was made illegal because there were health hazards
with little benefit. It wasn't made illegal to stymie demand.

Pot was first made illegal because Mexican immigrants were smoking it. It then because caught up in the same anti-drug and alcohol fevor that resulted in alcohol being criminalized, largely with a campaign of disinfomation and outright fabrication about its effects and danger.

ignored

Lead in paint was made illegal because there were health hazards
with little benefit. It wasn't made illegal to stymie demand.

ignored

LMFAO! OK, I'll bite. Why did you ignore it?

Profit, greed and stigma.

Legal history of cannabis in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DuPont, William Randolph Hearst, and hemp
The decision of the United States Congress to pass the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was based on hearings,[2] reports[22] and in part on testimony derived from articles in newspapers owned by William Randolph Hearst, who had significant financial interests in the timber industry, which manufactured his newsprint.[23]

Cannabis activist Jack Herer has researched DuPont and in his 1985 book The Emperor Wears No Clothes, Herer concluded DuPont played a large role in the criminalization of cannabis. In 1938, DuPont patented the processes for creating plastics from coal and oil and a new process for creating paper from wood pulp. If hemp would have been largely exploited, Herer believes it would have likely been used to make paper and plastic (nylon), and may have hurt DuPont’s profits. Andrew Mellon of the Mellon Bank was DuPont's chief financial backer and was also the Secretary of Treasury under the Hoover administration. Mellon appointed Harry J. Anslinger, who later became his nephew-in-law, as the head of the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (FBNDD) and the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN), where Anslinger stayed until 1962.[24]

In 1916, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) chief scientists Jason L. Merrill and Lyster H. Dewe created paper made from hemp pulp, which they concluded was "favorable in comparison with those used with pulp wood in USDA Bulletin No. 404."[25] In his book Herer summarized the findings of Bulletin No. 404:[26]

Profit, greed and stigma.

Legal history of cannabis in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DuPont, William Randolph Hearst, and hemp
The decision of the United States Congress to pass the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was based on hearings,[2] reports[22] and in part on testimony derived from articles in newspapers owned by William Randolph Hearst, who had significant financial interests in the timber industry, which manufactured his newsprint.[23]

Cannabis activist Jack Herer has researched DuPont and in his 1985 book The Emperor Wears No Clothes, Herer concluded DuPont played a large role in the criminalization of cannabis. In 1938, DuPont patented the processes for creating plastics from coal and oil and a new process for creating paper from wood pulp. If hemp would have been largely exploited, Herer believes it would have likely been used to make paper and plastic (nylon), and may have hurt DuPont’s profits. Andrew Mellon of the Mellon Bank was DuPont's chief financial backer and was also the Secretary of Treasury under the Hoover administration. Mellon appointed Harry J. Anslinger, who later became his nephew-in-law, as the head of the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs (FBNDD) and the Federal Bureau of Narcotics (FBN), where Anslinger stayed until 1962.[24]

In 1916, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) chief scientists Jason L. Merrill and Lyster H. Dewe created paper made from hemp pulp, which they concluded was "favorable in comparison with those used with pulp wood in USDA Bulletin No. 404."[25] In his book Herer summarized the findings of Bulletin No. 404:[26]

I swear that I was going to mention this, but I didn't do the research and my source (Family Guy) was not credible.

Forum List

Back