Schumers next target...Cruise Lines

Hey if ppl dont like it...Just sue the multi-million dollar company! Who knows how that could turn out?

answer: everyone

Since it keeps having to be the US Coast Guard that keeps bailing them out (in other words, the US taxpayer) we have an obligation to regulate cruise ships.

We're paying the Coast Guard whether they're baling anyone out or not.

US can regulate commerce if they operate out of our ports

So perhaps they will decide to no longer service out of our ports.

And there you go....take away my right to enjoy a cruise if I so choose becuase Americans refuse to read their contracts.

Cruise lines want to give up the bucks they can pull out. Otherwise they abide by our rules

And if the cost to abide by the rules is too high, then as I said...I cant enjoy a cruise if I so choose becuase the US government needs to protect people who refuse to read their contracts.

Whats next?

If you dont make adaptations to your resort to ensure a great time even if it rains, you can no longer advertise in the United States?

Look...sure...we can regulate every dam thing in our lives to ensure us Americans dont make bad personal decisions.

jarhead

That is not what I said...and sadly, you kow I didnt. You just couldnt debate the topic like an adult so you resorted to...well......the shit you posted.

You aren't possibly suggesting you are discussing the concept of free enterprise - as an adult are you?

Didn't think so...

:)

Grow up and learn to realize that just becuase you dont agree with an idea, doesnt mean the idea is a bad one.

Until you do....your posts will come across as childsih as they do.

The "idea" that we shouldn't have laws regulating commerce is the childish one, and deserves no response.

jarhead

That is not what I said...and sadly, you kow I didnt. You just couldnt debate the topic like an adult so you resorted to...well......the shit you posted.

You aren't possibly suggesting you are discussing the concept of free enterprise - as an adult are you?

Didn't think so...

Grow up and learn to realize that just becuase you dont agree with an idea, doesnt mean the idea is a bad one.

Until you do....your posts will come across as childsih as they do.

The "idea" that we shouldn't have laws regulating commerce is the childish one, and deserves no response.

:)[/QUOTE]

Yet you responded.

So if 100 people get sick from salmonella at a resteraunt and 15 people die, your solution is to not go back to that resteraunt and let the free market sort it out.:eek: What if the outbreak is from a specific brand of lettuce that is sold nationally, who is going to do the testing to determine the cause of the outbreak? Man, you people are dense sometimes.

Your entire scenario is a restaurant in the United States. A more pertinent comparison would be a restaurant in the Phillipines or in India or some other country. The United States has no control over the operations of the whole world. The United States can have a list of places to avoid, and a list of cruise ship lines to avoid, but cannot control what kind of lettuce they use.

No one is suggesting we should.

We require American curise lines to adopt this starnard, and then we ask that other countries adopt the same bill. Most will follow suit once we ask it, because we're the USA and our standards are gold, and those that don't, coustomers will at least now be on notice that those cruise liners may be unsafe.

Carnival does not have ONE SINGLE SHIP flying a US flag. Their entire North American fleet is flagged in Panama, Liberia, & Bermuda. Bluntly, they aren't American ships!

Your entire scenario is a restaurant in the United States. A more pertinent comparison would be a restaurant in the Phillipines or in India or some other country. The United States has no control over the operations of the whole world. The United States can have a list of places to avoid, and a list of cruise ship lines to avoid, but cannot control what kind of lettuce they use.

No one is suggesting we should.

We require American curise lines to adopt this starnard, and then we ask that other countries adopt the same bill. Most will follow suit once we ask it, because we're the USA and our standards are gold, and those that don't, coustomers will at least now be on notice that those cruise liners may be unsafe.

Carnival does not have ONE SINGLE SHIP flying a US flag. Their entire North American fleet is flagged in Panama, Liberia, & Bermuda. Bluntly, they aren't American ships!

*blink* *blink*

K?

What's your point?

Making sure passengers on cruiselines have a good experience is a top priority for Congress.

Yeah, right.

So now he wants the department of State to get involved in enforcing US regulations on international cruise lines....caliming that if they want US passengers, they must adhere to US regulations....He wants to enact a "passenger bill of rights"...

Uh.....are those passengers forced to go on cruises? Are they not aware that something may happen?

What is next? Forcing all resorts to offer full refunds to guests if there is rain?

Schumer: Cruise lines are 'wild west' of the travel industry; seeks 'Bill of Rights' | SILive.com

So now he wants the department of State to get involved in enforcing US regulations on international cruise lines....caliming that if they want US passengers, they must adhere to US regulations....He wants to enact a "passenger bill of rights"...

Uh.....are those passengers forced to go on cruises? Are they not aware that something may happen?

What is next? Forcing all resorts to offer full refunds to guests if there is rain?

Schumer: Cruise lines are 'wild west' of the travel industry; seeks 'Bill of Rights' | SILive.com

The last cruise they gave was cut short by several days, skipped two destinations had ppl stranded for 3 days and what did Carnival do to fix it. Gave them a $100 bill and a handshake.

You dont think anything is wrong with that? How would you fix

Don't buy their products

The last cruise they gave was cut short by several days, skipped two destinations had ppl stranded for 3 days and what did Carnival do to fix it. Gave them a $100 bill and a handshake.

You dont think anything is wrong with that? How would you fix it?

Clearly some discomfort there, but they can quit acting like they were on the Titanic.

I have never heard of that happening before, so it's not like it's a major problem. I thought the people were also being refunded the price of tickets.

It sucks, but sometimes life sucks and unless someone was negligent, then they shouldn't be raked over the coals. Airlines don't refund shit when they leave you sitting on the runway for hourse or cancel your flight due to mechanical problems and leave you with no choice but to be uncomfortable in the airport for hours on end. Always makes it worse when they lose your damn luggage, that you paid $50 extra for since it's no longer included. Let's not mention the awkard physical many receive thanks to TSA. Traveling can be risky and we know that going in. It's all crapshoot.

I am so sick of people thinking they are entitled to a pile of money when they are fine and merely went through an uncomfortable situation.

I figured out my taxes for this year and will be forced to hand over a chunk of money to government, as if I am not worthy of my own earnings. And I didn't even get a damn handshake. Now that is criminal.

Last edited:

You dont think anything is wrong with that? How would you fix it?

And there it is, just as I always say. Whenever there is a problem, someone always demands to know what nanny government is going to do about it.

How would I fix it? I would fix it by never taking a Carnival Cruise. The cumulative effect of losing the business of many thousands of customers will fix the problem all by itself, without government interference.

Never take a carnival cruise cool. I am asking what recourse do Ppl have from not getting the service they already paid for?

I am asking what should be done. Leave govt out of it and tell me what can someone do when they don't get what thy paid for? So far the only answer seems to be "get over it".

Forum List

Back