Schumer Calls For ‘Do Not Ride’ List For Amtrak: It's funny how the Left is all about

Once a plane takes off it is safe, so you only have to screen the entry points.
How do you screen thousands of miles of track?

That be true. Planes are relatively safe once in the air.

Trains are really quite vulnerable. Amtrak might make more headlines but I swear the stuff coasting around in tank cars is more dangerous.

Not a bad idea.

How is it not a bad idea? None of the attacks described in the released intelligence from the bin Laden raid actually require anyone to get on a train, so how is implementing a no ride list going to keep us safe?

Were you asleep all last week?

How could you miss the new threat against rail travel?

I didn't, which is why I actually know how really stupid this idea is. Apparently you only get your news in sound bites, and are not aware that the plan is to sabotage the railways themselves and to attempt to make a train derail at a bridge. This does not require the people to actually get on a train, so will not be prevented by a no ride list, strip searches of all rail passengers, or anything else that the TSA could possibly do.

In other words, this is simply a power grab by the government to give idiots a false sense of security. I am not surprised that the normal idiots go along with this at all. I find myself slightly disappointed to see you lumping yourself in with them, but that is your choice.

ran across this.

SNIP:
Schumer Wants ‘No-Ride List’ For Amtrak
From an unquestioning Reuters:

Sen. Schumer proposes "no-ride list" for Amtrak trains
Sun May 8, 2011

NEW YORK (Reuters) – A senator on Sunday called for a "no-ride list" for Amtrak trains after intelligence gleaned from the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound pointed to potential attacks on the nation’s train system.

Sen. Charles Schumer said he would push as well for added funding for rail security and commuter and passenger train track inspections and more monitoring of stations nationwide.

"Circumstances demand we make adjustments by increasing funding to enhance rail safety and monitoring on commuter rail transit and screening who gets on Amtrak passenger trains, so that we can provide a greater level of security to the public," the New York Democrat said at a news conference.

Democrats have been pushing for more ‘monitoring’ of buses and trains for years. And why not? It will give the government more control over its citizenry, where they can and can’t go. It will also expand the number of government employees.

And even more importantly, it will eventually give them more public sector union employees, since the TSA is already on the fast track to unionization. So it will directly increase the funding for the Democrat Party.

SNIP:
And what about the dangers of ‘profiling’? — Just kidding. Democrats don’t mind a little ‘profiling,’ as long as they are getting their kickbacks from the unions.

Schumer noted that rail and port security grant funding was cut by $50 million under last month’s federal budget compromise, but he said developments warrant reconsideration and increased rail safety funding.

In other words, Mr. Schumer is trying to claw back the $50 million for the public sector unions that was just cut out of the budget in last month’s historic compromise. This is always what Democrats do. And why most budget cuts end up being completely meaningless.

After all, those Democrat votes don’t buy themselves.

read it all and comments at.
Schumer Wants ‘No-Ride List’ For Amtrak | Sweetness & Light

This is a great victory for Al-Qeada. Now they have shown they don't even have to carry out any attack- merely leak information about a 'pending attack'- in order to control Americans' lives and strike another economic blow against America.

What? Economic? That's right, people. It's economic warfare they're winning.

Last edited:
This is a great victory for Al-Qeada. Now they have shown they don't even have to carry out any attack- merely leak information about a 'pending attack'- in order to control Americans' lives and strike another economic blow against America.

What? Economic? That's right, people. It's economic warfare they're winning.

Same way Soviet War Planners are laughing themselves to death because they spent their lives planning way to destroy key American industries when all they had to do was to make sure Democrats win elections

Forum List

Back