Schultz:"Right-Wingers determined to Get Rid of Social Security"!

Democrats can't even pass a budget yet they accuse Republicans of wanting to end SS? and what happened to all the Billions that should be in that fund in the first place? seems more like Obama is printing Billions to pay for SS.

How do we know Republicans want to end SS? They tell us. It's a ponzie scheme.
It's not the responsibility of government. The money should go to Wall Street.

Funny, Republicans ignore what their leaders say until it bites them in the ass, then it's the Democrats fault.

Is it possible that you could summarize things more poorly ?

I am not sure.

It is a self funded ever growing monster that will sooner or later have to be reigned in. Everyone agrees on that.

Bush was a moron for suggesting privatization.

You are his counterpoint (moron) on the left.

And speaking of red faced (brown eyed) Ed......

Let's not let his babblings get by so easily.

I am still betting on another "Right Wing Slut" slip over the holidays.

What ?

Have people decided to ignore Ed.

How can you...he is almost as funny to watch as John Stewart.

A bump for Ed Shulz, the guy who said he'd vote ten times to keep Scott Brown from winning.

No integrity when it matters.

Of course no audience either.

As Bugs Bunny would say "What a Maroon."

Schultz:"Right-Wingers determined to Get Rid of Social Security"!

How is this thread-worthy? This has been known for decades.

Interesting because it perfectly illustrates how Schultz/democrats/liberals are totally short sighted!

It shows how important controlling workers are to these elitists.
Rather then let the individual accumulate and become millionaires, Schultz et.al. would rather give handouts petty amounts to retirees.

Rather then letting a 23 year old worker entering the work force to with the forced deductions accumulate over $500,000 in the worker's life time Schultz et.al. want to rob the worker of this accumulation!

All because Schultz et.al. want to control people's lives and they know they can't tell people that's their objective so they explain it is their responsibility!

Yea.. right.. I just wish when I was 23 my nearly $200,000 paid in to social security was under my control because today it would be worth $2 million
and I can prove it!

Well that was an embarrassing display of ignorance.

Among its many flaws is the incorrect assumption that all workers will earn the same amount during a working lifetime, never get sick, injured, become disabled, or have periods of involuntary unemployment. Indeed, it incorrectly assumes there will never be another economic disaster as the December 2007 recession, where millions of Americans lost their jobs and exhausted their savings trying to survive.

Interesting because it perfectly illustrates how Schultz/democrats/liberals are totally short sighted!

It shows how important controlling workers are to these elitists.
Rather then let the individual accumulate and become millionaires, Schultz et.al. would rather give handouts petty amounts to retirees.

Rather then letting a 23 year old worker entering the work force to with the forced deductions accumulate over $500,000 in the worker's life time Schultz et.al. want to rob the worker of this accumulation!

All because Schultz et.al. want to control people's lives and they know they can't tell people that's their objective so they explain it is their responsibility!

Yea.. right.. I just wish when I was 23 my nearly $200,000 paid in to social security was under my control because today it would be worth $2 million
and I can prove it!

I hear many people explain how everyone could be multi-millionaires had we just been able to invest our SS payments on our own. This is based on how the stock market fared over the last 30 to 40 years. But here is something to think about. The stock market fared as it did based on the money that was invested. What would have happened to the stock market had all that went to SS gone into the stock markets instead. We're talking about adding an additional $15 trillion or so over the last 30 years. Would the busts have been even bigger? Would the gains have been as great? Would most stocks have become overvalued and then not paid out as well?

It is easy to assume what you could have done based on the market results as they were, but if everyone was investing on their own, everything would change, and it might not have been for the better. It is all speculation either way, but it is something you should think about.

I have no doubt that if government doesn't get their spending in line and come up with a budget they will nationalize our private retirement funds.I fear this more then anything.

They will wait until they get the WH and both houses.The government will need the money desperately of course because they can't resist the urge to spend all the time and there is all our retirement money just sitting there just waiting for a Democrat to spend the hell out of it.

After all Democrats believe they know how to spend our money better then we do.

I hear many people explain how everyone could be multi-millionaires had we just been able to invest our SS payments on our own. This is based on how the stock market fared over the last 30 to 40 years. But here is something to think about. The stock market fared as it did based on the money that was invested. What would have happened to the stock market had all that went to SS gone into the stock markets instead. We're talking about adding an additional $15 trillion or so over the last 30 years. Would the busts have been even bigger? Would the gains have been as great? Would most stocks have become overvalued and then not paid out as well?

It is easy to assume what you could have done based on the market results as they were, but if everyone was investing on their own, everything would change, and it might not have been for the better. It is all speculation either way, but it is something you should think about.

A point well taken.

But the truth is that if those funds were attached to individuals they could pass them along. That would basically make it almost unecessary for people to pay in the entire time to reach a reasonable retirement.

And, if all those funds were there looking for a home, capital would be incredibly cheap. That would allow businesses to expand and more competition.

You might not have the millions...but things might be cheaper.

Forum List

Back