Schools overcrowded? Put a eugenicist in charge of them!

Revere

Rookie
Jan 23, 2010
Watching you in my profile page
Birth control has always been about weeding out undesirables.

Will the teeth gnash as much about "Sophie's Choice" as it did about "blood libel?"

Cathie Black gaffes rile parents concerned about overcrowding - NYPOST.com

Less than two weeks into her new gig, Schools Chancellor Cathie Black has riled parents and public officials by jokingly suggesting that "birth control" was the solution to school overcrowding.

The off-color quip came in response to concerns by public-school dad Eric Greenleaf, who said at a meeting of parents and officials at state Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver's downtown office that there will be "huge shortages" of classroom space in lower Manhattan in coming years.

"Could we just have some birth control for a while?" Black cracked. "It could really help us all out a lot."

Robert Kalfus
CATHIE CLOWN: New Chancellor Cathie Black's off-color attempts at humor only angered parents at a meeting with school officials.

see more videos EDITORIAL: PUT A LID ON IT, CATHIE

VIDEO: CATHIE BLACK MAKES A GAFFE

VIDEO: BLACK IN TROUBLE

The public-service novice, who has spent her entire career in media and publishing, also dropped jaws at the meeting by likening her task of satisfying space-crunch concerns in every neighborhood to making "many Sophie's Choices" -- a reference to the book in which a mother in the Auschwitz death camp is forced to decide which of her two children will live.

Read more: Cathie Black gaffes rile parents concerned about overcrowding - NYPOST.com

Inappropriate quip and no big deal in itself, as is revere's attempt to look sharp.

I must admit, my school is pretty insane when it comes to population. We have about 1200 people, and if you asked me, our school was made, maybe for a heavy max of 1000. Every class is at the state limit, and some are above it although that isn't 'allowed'. My Music History (Senior year, and I already took the advanced classes Junior year, barely passed one lol) is 35 people. That is the state limit, yet we already have another student who was sent to be in it.

Ya I think that every schools are getting overcrowded and it is only due to the population growth.So we must have to think for this:confused:

Forum List

Back