Schools no longer using "Pledge Of Allegiance", do you care why?

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Mar 12, 2014
Why 'Under God' Was Added To The Pledge Of Allegiance in the face of "Free Religion", the catch, no "god" is specified..

Read more: Under God Added To Pledge Of Allegiance - Business Insider

"Two years later, on Flag Day again, Eisenhower also made "In God We Trust" our nation's official motto. The man must have loved his new religion."

So the Left is openly blamed for "taking god out of Government" but a little research openly pins them for putting god into Government which does not line up with Freedom of Religion. ..NO Religion should be forced on ANYONE. Or says the Constitution..

Why 'Under God' Was Added To The Pledge Of Allegiance in the face of "Free Religion", the catch, no "god" is specified..

"Two years later, on Flag Day again, Eisenhower also made "In God We Trust" our nation's official motto. The man must have loved his new religion."

So the Left is openly blamed for "taking god out of Government" but a little research openly pins them for putting god into Government which does not line up with Freedom of Religion. ..NO Religion should be forced on ANYONE. Or says the Constitution..
The "religious right have taken over the republican conservative party and basically destroyed it. Conservatives now are just statist progressives.

They still use it. In fact, I live in one of those states where it is a mandatory morning ritual (even if every kid sat down).

I am not in agreement with the Under God inserted in to the Pledge. However, there is something that I don't get. Reciting it daily is a form of brainwashing. Abstract thinking doesn't begin until the ages of 12-15. So, basically what I hear people say when they are against the Pledge for under God is that brainwashing is fine.

Way to be like North Korea!

They still use it. In fact, I live in one of those states where it is a mandatory morning ritual (even if every kid sat down).

I am not in agreement with the Under God inserted in to the Pledge. However, there is something that I don't get. Reciting it daily is a form of brainwashing. Abstract thinking doesn't begin until the ages of 12-15. So, basically what I hear people say when they are against the Pledge for under God is that brainwashing is fine.

Yeah and that evil star spangled banner thing they play at football games, that should be stopped. And the pledge the president makes when he takes office. Hell we should end all forms of showing patriotism. :cuckoo:

Yeah and that evil star spangled banner thing they play at football games, that should be stopped. And the pledge the president makes when he takes office. Hell we should end all forms of showing patriotism. :cuckoo:

They believe that the nation is inherently evil and should not exist. Or if it exists, the country must do penance every day. What you are looking at is the American equivalent of Ashura, but on a national level.

Can you tell us which religion the phrase "under God" establishes?

They believe that the nation is inherently evil and should not exist. Or if it exists, the country must do penance every day. What you are looking at is the American equivalent of Ashura, but on a national level.

Ah yes, "Workers of the world unite!" (Karl Marx, as also engraved on his tombstone)

Can you tell us which religion the phrase "under God" establishes?

Well Muslim, Judism, and Christianity all refer to the same god. Hindu a different god. Buddists don't have a god. Atheists are many camps, they are god, their government is god, there is no such thing as a god, etc..

But it does not establish a religion it merely points out that our nation is not above god or even on an equal plane with god. It means it's ok to put your god before your country. At least that's how I take it.

Patriotism should be an internal feeling. Not emotionally remote controlled from the outside. Kids have all of the rights of citizenship when they are 18. Those rights come with responsibilities. This requires participation and critical thinking. Not some mindless acceptance.

Every time someone protests and burns the flag there is going to be at least one clown crying on camera about how much they love the flag and this is all wrong. Frankly, if that is all it takes to shred you emotionally then that is a weakness to be exploited. And it is.

I like this one
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtGrp5MbzAI]Obama Kids Music Video : Cute or Creepy ? - YouTube[/ame]

pied piper lol

Oh.......I get it. You're ok with brainwashing because you aren't worried about your own children. You are afraid of other people's children. You're down with the emotionally remote controlling people. You're down with that North Korean brain washing.

Oh.......I get it. You're ok with brainwashing because you aren't worried about your own children. You are afraid of other people's children. You're down with the emotionally remote controlling people. You're down with that North Korean brain washing.

How about this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaF5AMiC4xU]Meatballs (9/9) Movie CLIP - We Are the North Star C.I.T.s (1979) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Face it, all groups have their songs, hymns, pledges, ... that they sing together for group motivation.

let's analyze the words of the pledge to see what the brain washing is about...

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Oh the horror!!! Those kids might get out of school being brainwashed into believing the republic is a nation. The nation is not above god. The nation is indivisible. The nation has liberty. And the worst part of all, there is justice for all in our nation.

HORRIBLE I tell you just horrible!

I already did. What you are giving me is a cop out.

Cop out? BS I'm simply engaging in discussion.

Is repeating word definitions brainwashing? Yes or no?

Is pledging allegiance to this country brainwashing? yes or no?

Cause there is clearly nothing wrong with the rest of the words. So you must be complaining about allegiance to this country. You know you are free to leave right?

Last edited:
"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Oh the horror!!! Those kids might get out of school being brainwashed into believing the republic is a nation. The nation is not above god. The nation is indivisible. The nation has liberty. And the worst part of all, there is justice for all in our nation.

HORRIBLE I tell you just horrible!

Well, sure let's play your game. Pledge and allegiance are abstract terms. Again abstract thinking does not develop until between the ages of 12-15 (Piaget).

The flag is an outward symbol, a piece of cloth. The emotional remote control.

You aren't interested in the fact that smaller children don't grasp the concepts involved. You're interested in brainwashing patriotism into them. THAT was the purpose of inserting under God into the pledge to begin with. It was about fighting those Godless Commie bastards.

They aren't going to grasp "indivisible". I would lay money that there are a number of people who are big on secession and haven't even thought through this word. I got five that says the same people are big on the daily recitation though.

How about Republic? At what age do they really grasp the differences between the types of government?

Forum List

Back