Schools enforcing the burka

Colin

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
England
So, in some European countries governments are lining up to ban the wearing of the burka and face veil in public. At the other extreme, we now have some muslim schools in Britain forcing girls to wear the burka and face veil as part of the school uniform.

Islamic schools have introduced uniform policies which force girls to wear the burka or a full headscarf and veil known as the niqab.
Moderate followers of Islam said yesterday that enforcement of the veil was a "dangerous precedent" and that children attending such schools were being "brainwashed".

Ed Husain, co-director of Quilliam, the counter-extremist think-tank, said: "It is absurd that schools are enforcing this outdated ritual – one that which sends out a damaging message that Muslims do not want to fully partake in British society. "Although it is not the government's job to dictate how its citizens dress, it should nonetheless ensure that such schools are not bankrolled or subsidised by the British taxpayer."

British schools where girls must wear the Islamic veil - Telegraph

Seems moderate muslims, the majority, are against this, so let’s see what a leading imam has to say about it:

Dr Taj Hargey, an imam and chairman of the Muslim Educational Trust of Oxford, said: "This is very disturbing and sets a dangerous precedent.
"It means that Muslim children are being brainwashed into thinking they must segregate and separate themselves from mainstream society.
"The use of taxpayers' money for such institutions should be absolutely opposed. The wearing of the burka or niqab is a tribal custom and these garments are not even mentioned in the Koran."

British schools where girls must wear the Islamic veil - Telegraph

On balance, banning the burka and niquab would seem the right way to go. They are not part and parcel of religious belief but are nothing more than tribal customs.

... blah, blah, blah ...

OOPs.

(wrong codecs... my bad)

Errr, aHEM!

"Religious" semi/totally PRIVATE schools?

Funny how Christian schools are expected to support themselves, with a MINIMUM of Fed monies,

and yet, there ARE other religions that are accorded ...

PREFERENCE .

That is neither fair, nor right,

and it shouldn't be allowed.

I'm getting to the end of my days, and i want so badly to SAY something to you,

to make you LOOK, and see, even beyond the two sides of any coin you could be shown,

because there's a Coin MAKER that almost is the the Ultimate Ruler.

Last edited:
The Universal School in Chicago forces the older girls to wear a hijab as well but it doesn't mention anything about covering the face. I wonder if the teachers have a different dress code.

The codes of dress and behavior are strict. Students must have regular haircuts ("no bleaching or 'off' colors are allowed"). Students must wear socks and closed-toe shoes. Boys cannot wear earrings or have any body piercing. Students may not wear makeup during school. Through Grade 5, the girls wear plaid jumpers and leggings, but the head scarf called a hijab is optional; the boys wear navy dress pants and light blue shirts. Older girls must wear the hijab (light blue for middle schoolers, gray or white for high schoolers) and a calf-length navy top that resembles a raincoat. Wearing the hijab full-time is a big commitment, so some girls take it off as soon as they leave the building. Freshman Sarah Martini says, "I'm not ready to wear it yet. It has to come from the heart." Girls are separated from boys from sixth grade through tenth grade. As juniors and seniors, they mix again, although the sexes sit separately in the classroom. Casual conversation between girls and boys is discouraged at all times. Cell phones and iPods are banned, but the principal is realistic about it. "If I did a locker check," says Siddiqui, "I know what I'd find. So I don't. Better cell phones than drugs."

Read more: The Model School, Islamic Style - TIME

... blah, blah, blah ...

The Model School, Islamic Style - TIME

¿i¿WTF?!?

"The MODEL School"? Well, for the nation of islam, perhaps...

Cripes.

I've said this before, but

WE FOUGHT WARS over our ALLIES being invaded by insidious ideologies,

and yet we ~

and by WE? I mean ANYONE with two brain cells to rub together ~

should just sit on our fat asses and WATCH as it HAPPENS,

NOW?!?

I don't think so. (and you sort of have to hear that in a Texican voice ~ it's a bass-y semi-monotone, that conveys <not MALICE, but like that>

OH! "Don't Tread On Me!" THAT!

Or like the commercial for Pace's Picante sauce: Git a rope.

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSxnieYctVM]YouTube - This Stuff's Made In New York City!!! Pace Thick & Chunky[/ame]

Forum List

Back